How am I going to get rid of this MUFFIN TOP!?

Options
So for all my life I have had the same body shape. I guess you could call me an apple.
I look like a healthy, slim teenage girl but I have a pretty nasty muffin top. :sad:

I used to weigh 190 and now that I'm 155 and still have this annoying belly fat,
I'm terrified it will still be here once I get to my weight goal!
Do you have any tips or tricks to targeting the belly fat and melting it away?
I know that low-glycemic foods are pretty important but do you have any other tips?

please and thank you :bigsmile:

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Strength training to reduce bodyfat
  • trtmom
    trtmom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I agree, strength training for fat loss. You can't spot reduce though but I find that standing ab workouts really get my love handles burning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ueDpXC_Wao
  • Emeshee
    Emeshee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce so continue losing & buy a bigger size..
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Strength training and buying pants that fit would be your best bets.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Get pants that are actually the right size. Muffin top instantly gone.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I thought that too and then, poof, midsection flab disappeared when I got to closer to my weight goal. Ab exercises and walking helped tremendously.

And buy bigger pants :smile: - you have a muffin top because they don't fit right.
  • mrswattie
    Options
    Just keep doing what you're doing. It's obviously working if you're losing weight. As for buying pants, don't necessarily buy bigger ones. I find as I lose weight my pants slip down around my hips and give me a muffin top. Perhaps a smaller size would fit better seeing as you've lost weight.
  • xxcooneyxx
    xxcooneyxx Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as spot reduction, as said before. The more you lose the more the excess fat will just come off of everywhere.
  • xxcooneyxx
    xxcooneyxx Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as spot reduction, as said before. The more you lose the more the excess fat will just come off of everywhere.
  • FrauStorm
    FrauStorm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I thought that too and then, poof, midsection flab disappeared when I got to closer to my weight goal. Ab exercises and walking helped tremendously.

And buy bigger pants :smile: - you have a muffin top because they don't fit right.

I should've been more specific
    My pants fit right, even when I don't have pants on it looks like I have a muffin top.
    I have a "fupa" I have that skin hanging off no matter what I wear

Also thank you for all the help, my loves!
    I'm going to keep with my workout plan and maybe even add some ab-targeting moves :)
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Strength training has helped to reduce mine. Circuits are great.
  • texasaswang
    texasaswang Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I read a neoprene belt while you exercise will help. Several ladies cited C-section flap reduction.
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    lots of cardio firstly, then stretching - half-moons are a good yoga pose for that, hold them as long as you can without straining yourself... and side planks, they work your obliques. work your core and sides.
    half-moon-pose.gif
    these are half-moons. obviously you don't have to bend as far as the lady in the picture when you do then, just push yourself as far as you can without straining and hold for at least 20 well counted seconds.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Weights, diet, and patience
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options

I should've been more specific

My pants fit right, even when I don't have pants on it looks like I have a muffin top.
    I have a "fupa" I have that skin hanging off no matter what I wear

Also thank you for all the help, my loves!
    I'm going to keep with my workout plan and maybe even add some ab-targeting moves :)

I am the same, I have this ring around my lower midsection, everywheres else I am fine....its not the pants ....i'm thinking its my posture?? maybe from sitting all day ....its so annoying ..i do strength training, core training, it will not go!!!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Exercise targeting that area can help, definitely.