How often do you all weigh in

Options
I was wondering how often do folks weigh in. I have not weighed my self in awhile . I know I should have done it when I started MFP.... but I've been avoiding the numbers.

But now I am ready ..... but how often

any suggestions

Replies

• kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Opinions are all over the place on this.

Me - I'm going for once per month, although it's been about every two weeks thus far. I get so discouraged when I see the numbers go up, even though I know that's natural and to be expected. The more often you weigh yourself, the more often you're going to see those up-bumps. I can't stand it!

Besides, my focus is on stopping the disgusting habit I had of eating all things all day every day. Now I have appropriate meals; that's what I care about most. Of course I want my weight to go down, but I trust that it will as my body adjusts to fewer calories.
  • Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    Options
    Every Friday morning
  • MissPreciosa
    MissPreciosa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    once a week...every Tuesday morning.
  • nicolekriss
    Options
    I think this is a very personal topic as it depends on how you feel and will react to the scale. Like some have already mentioned, seeing "hiccups" that can occur from day to day can be discouraging, so weighing infrequently is better for them. Some people find the opposite and the 1 or 2 pound jump is a good reminder to skip the salty snacks next time. I find for me a once a week (saturday morning) works pretty well for the most part, but sometimes I'll chose a different day if I feel gross.
  • shade0343
    shade0343 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Usually daily, the important part is to weigh in at the same time of day under similar circumstances. For me it's easiest to weigh in first thing in the morning before eating or exercise.
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly on a Tuesday morning as I like to know how I'm doing without seeing the daily ups and downs. I'm thinking of going down to fortnightly weighing when I get close to goal as my trousers falling off me is a better indicator of how much I'm shrinking :)
  • midnight333
    Options
    I must be a 'Weighaholic'. Honestly for me it's every day morning, noon, sometimes several times a day, and if I go pee also alot during the day. I also weigh myself more during the day during my 3rd week of my 'cycle'. So far today I've weighed myself four times and lost 1 pound since 5AM! I can't explain it it's a cumpulsion for me. My diary is public I have nothing to hide at all. Oh I weigh myself at night too. sorry if typos or any spelling errors.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Every four weeks
  • ndurrell13
    Options
    Weekly on Friday in order to get a true weight loss/gain reading.. daily could be due to water retention
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I know I go up and down slightly but I like to get a feel for the trend and know in advance if I need to reduce calories or even increase them to keep progress going.
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Every Friday morning

Yep, me too...My theory is that if I give myself a cheat meal over the weekend, I have the workweek to balance things out. It's always worked for me!
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Daily but I only record it once a week.
  • svanzile
    svanzile Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Every single morning. Naked and with an empty bladder! I log when the number has stayed the same for a few days.
  • Calderon46
    Calderon46 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    For me I weigh every week on a Friday. This works better for me, as I like to keep a tight track on what effect my weekly food intake is having on my body and whether I need to modify my menus.
  • HeidiJoLHB
    HeidiJoLHB Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning! :)
  • cajungirltx
    cajungirltx Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday morning. This day helps because I usually go over my calories on the weekend and have four days to get back on track. So far, it works for me!
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    once a week...every Tuesday morning.

Same here!
  • Aimelish70
    Aimelish70 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I do it one time per week, same time, same clothes... stretchy pants and sports bra :-)

Weighing yourseld daily is known to be very inaccurate due to water retention and other factors which in turn can sabotage your progress by making you feel stressed or down about the fluxuation you are seeing.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly on a Tuesday morning as I like to know how I'm doing without seeing the daily ups and downs. I'm thinking of going down to fortnightly weighing when I get close to goal as my trousers falling off me is a better indicator of how much I'm shrinking :)

:love: Oh my god you actually know what a fortnight is!!!
  • ajanuary2774
    Options
    I weigh every Monday morning