My food diary

Options
Would any of you mind taking a look at my food diary and let me know what you think, how I could do better, etc?I would love an outside eye!

Replies

• kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    800 calories a day. Best I don't comment because I don't have anything nice to say - you need to eat more.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Raise your calories....lower your carbs.
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I agree you need to eat more - your body is likely on starvation mode. More protein, veggies, and a lot more water.
  • colleenrutledge
    Options
    definatly not eating enough protein. sugars are also pretty high but they are natural (which is great that you eat that much fruit).
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Would any of you mind taking a look at my food diary and let me know what you think, how I could do better, etc?I would love an outside eye!

Doubling your calorie intake would be a good start
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    you could try eating, dont mean to be rude or blunt but if you have listed everything you eat then i am amazed you havnt passed out , some days your cal intake is super low( 800 ish) and u have burnt over a 1000 cals working out your not eating enough to keep healthy , even if you stayed in bed all day your not eating enough to cover the cals your body needs just to keep vital organs going, to continue like this will bring you some very bad health issues , you need to eat no less than 1200 thats a min and if you burn over a 1000 in exsercise you really need to eat some of them back
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I eat double your calories as desert, no joke. Eat more.
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    1) You have a negative net which is extremely unhealthy.
    2) Your intake is too low.
    3) You're eating too many carbs.
    4) Not enough protein.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You won't have to worry about adding that bulky muscle. ;-)
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Add protein. Good luck.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    It looks like you're starving yourself. What could you possibly have done to deserve that?
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    1. Eat more food
    2. Eat more protein
    3. Eat more fat
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    are you seriously trying to lose more weight?
  • CINDYRN33
    CINDYRN33 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You asked so you are going to get a direct answer...You are not eating enough. THe bulk of your calories eaten so far today has come from a choclate chip muffin. Do some research on line in regards to your BMR and TDEE and get some therapy if you have an eating disorder. You are not even eating the amount of calories you are supposedly burning in exercise alone. My 12 year old even knows that is not healthy or compatible with healthy lifestyle.
  • lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I think I'll say the same as the others, you're not eating enough honey. Your body thinks its starving so is likely to be storing everything that goes into your mouth as it has no idea when your next real meal is coming by!

But its not just about the calories, its also about what you're eating. I think its wonderful that youre eating so much fruit and real foods and not too much processed but you need to be eating more protein and healthy fats- at the moment your diet is all water and fruit sugars (carbohydrates).

Can I suggest adding some lean protein and healthy fats - fish, chicken, eggs, avocado or nuts - on a regular basis. SOme low fat dairy would be good eg yoghurt or cottage cheese and try and increase your caloric intake to make up for all that exercise.

With that in mind you should find you will kick start your metabolisma nd keep on losing.

Good luck!
    Lyndal PN
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Sorry but If that is a picture of you as you are now you certainly don't need to lose another 15lbs
  • smelons
    smelons Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    To reiterate what everyone else has said - you are not eating anywhere near enough calories, especially considering the amount of exercise you do! I'm surprised you have the energy to do anything at all. You certainly don't need to cut your calories to lose pounds as you do more than enough exercise to maintain a healthy weight.
  • bgraz1994
    bgraz1994 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know I need to up my intake, thats a work in progress. Unfortunately my mental state makes that a little bit difficult sometimes, but I am trying.

Most of you said to up the protein, which I agree with. I recently became a vegetarian and I live on campus...any ideas for protein high meals/snacks/etc?
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese. Tofu if you can stand it. protein supplements, like an instant whey protein. GNC vanilla has 120 calories, 20 grams and tastes freaking fantastic in oj. It's what i use when i'm low but eating more isn't an option.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Oh duh. idk how i forgot. NUTS. NUTS. NUTS. It shouldn't be to hard to down a handful of peanuts or almonds for an extra 7-10 grams of protein.

peanut butter is an easy option, too. on crackers or celery or whatever you prefer.