Hungry all the time on Phentermine

Options
I started taking Phentermine at the end of September and after 3 weeks of barely losing any weight, my doctor agreed to bump me from 30 mg to 37.5, but I'm still hungry all the time!!! In fact, everyone told me to take it early in the morning because it'll keep me up all night. On Saturday's I can take it at 10:00 and still take a nap at 2:00 for 2 hours! I'm keeping my calories between 1100-1200 a day, taking Phentermine and doing light excercises such as walking and I'm also drinking plenty of water. I know people who have lost 16 pounds in a month on Phentermine, I've been on it for a month and a half and have only lost 8 pounds!!!! My snacks generally consist of Fiber one "cakes", protein bars or fruit, lunches are usually a weight watcher's meal and then dinner is whatever I'm feeding my family. I don't know what else to do, which is why I'm on Phentermine, I tried Weight Watcher's, diet and excersize and cutting out junk, nothing is helping!!!!! I'm starting to get it in my head that I'm just going to be overweight the rest of my life and I'm going to have to deal with it. :(

Replies

• soulfulsally
    Options
    Try eating more vegetables. Depending on the veggie, you could eat 10 cups and still only be 200-300 in the hole. I'd also skip the pre-packaged foods as much as possible. I was always hungry when I ate that kind of stuff.
  • 4mydogs
    4mydogs Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    To be honest the only thing that has really worked for me is just eating healthy whole foods; lean protiens, fruits, veggies, and excercise 5/x per week. I have struggled with this for 26 years and this is the first time I have felt really healthy and good. One benefit of whole foods is that you can eat 3 meals and 3 snacks and its a good amount of food to curb any hunger. Also once you detox from the sugars and fats from processed foods you don't really crave them. I am not going to lie and say its easy, it means a lot of planning, grocery shopping and food prep but I figured I am worth this effort and my whole family has also beent eh healthier for it as well. Good luck and keep posting!!
  • TipsyT
    TipsyT Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    To be honest the only thing that has really worked for me is just eating healthy whole foods; lean protiens, fruits, veggies, and excercise 5/x per week. I have struggled with this for 26 years and this is the first time I have felt really healthy and good. One benefit of whole foods is that you can eat 3 meals and 3 snacks and its a good amount of food to curb any hunger. Also once you detox from the sugars and fats from processed foods you don't really crave them. I am not going to lie and say its easy, it means a lot of planning, grocery shopping and food prep but I figured I am worth this effort and my whole family has also beent eh healthier for it as well. Good luck and keep posting!!

I totally second this advice! No matter how many calories you're eating if you're not getting enough nutrition your body will still cry out for more food. That's how I could still eat even though I was literally bursting from discomfort. My "full" signal didn't go off because my body was starving for nutrients. Don't focus on the calories, focus on the FOOD. Eat vegetables, fruit, beans, nuts and seeds. Stay away from all processed foods, sugar, salt and oil. Like 4mydogs said, it's not easy but the rewards are so worth it. I'm down almost 50 lbs in the past 14 weeks from eating a whole foods diet and the weight loss is the least of the benefits I've gotten. If you need a good plan I recommend "Eat to Live" by Joel Fuhrman.

Keep asking for help until you get what you need. You deserve to have the fit body your were born to have. It's all up to you!

Trish
  • goody2shews
    goody2shews Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Please do yourself a favor and look up phentermine psycosis. It is very dangerous and the doctor's that prescribe it know it but don't give a %%$% about their patients. Ending up in a mental hospital is not cute. Please educate yourself.