Very Low, or Zero Cal Foods.

Options

Replies

• kaylalryan
    kaylalryan Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Pickles and hot tea... (not together).

Pickles are great when I am craving salt snacks... and hot tea sweetened with stevia when I am craving everything else.
  • kaylalryan
    kaylalryan Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    chia seeds in water

with a lemon squeezed it in! (and a packet of stevia, if you like!) great! and many health benefits.
  • tumbafu2
    Options
    Thai Cucumber Salad

Sliced Cucumbers
    Sliced Red Onion
    Cilantro

Rice Wine Vinegar (if you get Seasoned Rice wine vinegar, go very sparingly on the following two items)
    Equal amount water
    1-2 tsp sugar to taste (depending on batch size)
    Salt to taste
  • SBmomof4
    SBmomof4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Shirataki noodles. I'm a pasta freak and really need that sensation of chewing and swallowing noodles sometimes. I haven't done them in a stir-fry yet - I put them in soup. If I'm really lazy, Whole Foods in the sushi dept. makes a shirataki soup with the noodles, tofu, edamame, mushrooms, and carrots in a clear broth. I heat it up and stir in 1/4 tsp of sriracha hot sauce. Mmmmm...very filling and lots of fresh vegies and protein.

To get a lot of chewing in I will peel an entire cucumber, sprinkle with a little salt, and munch away for a good 5 minutes straight!
  • mitsi94
    Options
    that sounds yummy!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I like celery because it's very low in sugar (unlike carrots) Last night I had a 'snack attack' and ate 3 Grissol Canape sesame rounds..they have 10 calories each. Popcorn is good but you need to read the serving size because 1 serving is not always going to make 5 cups (make sure you weigh!). It depends how much they fluff and how you cook them. I do my popcorn in a pot, on the stove with a spray of pam. The kernels pop 'bigger' in a real popper but that's the way we've always done it and the way mom did it when I was little - and I'm cheap :P
  • shandyw
    shandyw Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I bought a huge 5 pound bag of green beans that I've been roasting and eating as "fries." They're really low calorie and taste like whatever you season them with. Usually I just lightly spray them with Pam and coat with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then pop them in the oven at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes, stir and bake them 7-10 more minutes. So good and easily under 100 calories for a whole bunch of them. Roasted broccoli and caulifower are also really tasty. I've also gotten the mini 100 calorie bags of popcorn before and they're pretty filling too.

I love the idea of green beans as fries! I will have to try this.
  • shandyw
    Options
    I like Popchips if I want salty and 100 cal bag of Snackwell's chocolate covered pretzels for salty & sweet. I also eat string cheese a lot for snacks.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    cucmber
  • shandyw
    Options
    I forget... sugar free hot cocoa/hot chocolate
  • ChristinaG100
    ChristinaG100 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Edaname in pods sauteed in garlic powder and hot sauce- takes awhile to eat and oh so filling for around 100 calories for 1/2 cup of edible portion.(which is lots of pods) Full of protein too! Hot sauce makes you drink loads of water too for double fill.
  • ChristinaG100
    ChristinaG100 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I bought a huge 5 pound bag of green beans that I've been roasting and eating as "fries." They're really low calorie and taste like whatever you season them with. Usually I just lightly spray them with Pam and coat with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then pop them in the oven at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes, stir and bake them 7-10 more minutes. So good and easily under 100 calories for a whole bunch of them. Roasted broccoli and caulifower are also really tasty. I've also gotten the mini 100 calorie bags of popcorn before and they're pretty filling too.

I love the idea of green beans as fries! I will have to try this.

Will definitely try this idea as an appetizer or snack in the evening with freinds- I LOVE green beans.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    :drinker: less that 25 cal items
    sugar free / fat free coco
    Hot tea
    Hot coffee
    Sugar free apple drink mix with 1tbls apple cider vinegar.
    Sugar free jello
    Sugar free / fat free pudding
    Cucumber, onion salad - cover w / apple cider vinegar
    Radishes
    Celery
    Veggie dip : fat free Mayo or fat free sour cream with ranch power.
    Sugar free popcicles
    :tongue: just a few of my go to's
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    If it's late in the evening and I can afford the sodium, I dissolve some beef/chicken stock in hot water and sip the broth.

Tea doesnt do much for me, sadly.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I drink a glass of water to make sure I'm full 1st. As far as drinks. i don't have @ taste that often. When I do I use flavor 5 calorie pack grape so the color wont change
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Listerine!! It stops All cravings...Right Now!!

hahaha Yes it does!!!
  • Skrymmorie
    Skrymmorie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I hear you, I deal with cravings at times too. I've found balanced meals help. I am on the shirataki noodle train, too. They're amazing. There's a post earlier with links to an Mfper who is the shirataki when, Lol. I also drink water when I feel the cravings, and if they don't go away, I'll eat a cucumber with just a little salt. Really filing, low cal, tasty. I will drink tea, too. I love tea. Hope this helps. :)
  • Amandastan
    Amandastan Posts: 30
    Options
    Cucumbers
    celery
    grapes
    Those little laughing cow cheeses only have 35 calories and they kill my cheese cravings that i have often.
  • Michellemarg
    Options
    I totally get the snack craving in the late afternoon. So I really drink a LOT of water through out the day. I have a pitcher on my desk and I try to drink it all before the end of the work day. When the water is just not enough Bullion (lots of sodium), celery sticks with spicy salsa (2 tbs @ 10 cals) and 1 tbs of plain Greek yogurt (9 cals), pickles or a hard boiled egg (white only) with salsa.

Good luck - it looks like you have gotten lots of great suggestions here!
  • kskonkol
    kskonkol Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thai Cucumber Salad

Sliced Cucumbers
    Sliced Red Onion
    Cilantro

Rice Wine Vinegar (if you get Seasoned Rice wine vinegar, go very sparingly on the following two items)
    Equal amount water
    1-2 tsp sugar to taste (depending on batch size)
    Salt to taste

I make something similar...

I add halved cherry tomatoes

and I heat the water/vinegar to where it's just about to boil, and pour it over the veg. Then let it cool. It's kind of a "quick pickle".

sesame seeds are also nice on this.