Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do you eat your exercise calories?!?!?!?

Do you eat your exercise calories?!?!?!?

Replies

• akmlebre
    akmlebre Posts: 32 Member
    NO!!! thats all towards my weight loss...lol
  • paulasnchz
    paulasnchz Posts: 12 Member
    Great question! I struggle with this... I personally try not to eat the extra calories. But if I have a bad day, I do.
  • paulasnchz
    paulasnchz Posts: 12 Member
    LOL Akm!
  • mightymac
    mightymac Posts: 56 Member
    I was eating back some, but i'm pushing to hit my goal before xmas, so at the moment, no i'm not eating them back.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    I do if I'm hungry. I've lost 40lbs so far so I'd say it's working. :)
  • msjones2831
    msjones2831 Posts: 126 Member
    No, I will eat my calories back when I'm in maintence, but not during the weight loss process
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    No i dont
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    I typically do or at least most of them...
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Yep and enjoying every last one of them!!! Best of Luck... :drinker:
  • toogsmom
    toogsmom Posts: 81 Member
    Sometimes accidently , only by a 100 usually! But kinda figure thats what the exercise is for....to create a burn that deletes fat from my body not so I can eat more!!!
  • Its all about consistency and medium/long term sustainability. In general I try not to consume back my exercise calories - but If I am really hungry and/or feel I need extra energy for upcoming workout I may consume some/all of the burn calories
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    I do sometimes. Most days I don't, however, sometimes I feel really hungry and eat back some of those cal. However in the same aspect I don't always hit my min for the day without the exercise cal. so I think at the end of a week it all averages out
  • I don't. I will if hungry but I go to the gym after I have eaten my meals for the day. I go around 8 pm after I put my little one down for bed. Do what works best for u. Some say eat them and it works for them some say don't. Some eat a banana before an exercise and some have protein for a post exercise.
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    I usually do.

Word of advice tot he newbies. If you have a small amount of weight to lose eating them back is not counter-productive! However, make sure you are measuring all your food and only eat back all of them if you use a HRM if you're going by estimates on MFP or gym equipment only eat back half to 75%. When you have just a few pounds to lose chances that 1200 is already below your BMR are pretty good and eating well below your BMR for a long time isn't that good for you. So if you're at a 1200 calorie goal and you exercise 500 calories off that's only leaving 700 for the day for you body to work with and that is not sustainable.
  • RixxyRikaa
    RixxyRikaa Posts: 71 Member
    I do. if what MFP gave me is the amount i need to lose anything, why not?
  • i eat most of them i still lose just not as quickly. i think im losing pretty quick though. more then im supposed to each week. im always hungry
  • yogeshsarkar
    yogeshsarkar Posts: 119 Member
    I usually try not to and in any case strength training calories aren’t counted, so in a way that is good. Though I do try and walk more to compensate, in case I eat a few extra calories in a day.
  • SDStafford
    SDStafford Posts: 3 Member
    It depends on how much I exercise, and how much I've eaten. If I put in an hour on the bike, it's a thousand Kcals, and given the 500 calorie deficit my goal represents, I'm usually Hungry! I try to just eat back enough so that I'm not starving, and I often wind up with around a thousand calories under my maintenance level if I do it right. Nothing burns cals like bike riding!
  • DL21Smith
    DL21Smith Posts: 27 Member
    I normally do not. I like to have them there for "emergencies" if I go over for the day..lol
  • you can eat them back but in my experience that causes weight loss to stall to a stop:grumble: