Working out from Home

Options

Replies

• leesh07
    leesh07 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I work out from home. I do a lot of circuit training... I personally LOVE Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and Tae-Bo... great cardio and strength workout with small weights (if you want) or with nothing!
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    Options
    Bump... (:
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    As well as the 30 Day Shred, I do the Biggest Loser with Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper on XBox 360 Kinect. They watch you correct you to ensure your doing the exercise correctly. It will include the time and calories burned during your workout, in which there are many variations!!
  • Pinkysing26
    Options
    I mix it up. I run 3 times a week. On the off days, I do workouts from bodyrock.tv, specifically the ones posted by Zuzana because she actually has multiple workouts that don't require any equipment.
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I was going to the gym for about 6 months 5x's a week, but I have been spending about 250.00 a month in gas just to get there and back, not including my membership/childcare fees. I started just working out at home this past week to save money. I use the Jefit App/website and currently have it set to their at home routine. Its a really great app! I use dumbells up to 40 pounds, weight bench, exercise ball and my elliptical. But you can customize it to whatever you have on hand. I also just started week 2 on c25k. I have seen lots of people have great success on here w/ working out from home. Best of luck to you!
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I work out 100% from home. I walk and job on the street by my house, and I do all of Jillian Michaels DVDs. I used to do Leslie Sansone's, but they did not burn enough calories for me personally. I realize everyone is different. I really like her though! But I had much much better results with Jillian Michaels.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    If you have an ipod or iphone and can download apps, I reccoment the Sworkit app. Theres a free version and it basically gives you exercises to do and it times you. It is kinda like circuit training.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I work out at home with freeweights (unless that counts as machinery?) I also use tapout xt, insanity, turbofire, turbojam and on occasion dance aerobics zumba type dvds.
  • JuiceyJeena
    JuiceyJeena Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I check out exercise DVDs from the library Some of my favorites are Tae Bo, Leslie Sansone, and Richard Simmons (don't judge me),

No judging here although the last one made me chuckle :-), I also do leslie sansome.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I do, dvds.. all kind of stuff, zumba, turbo fire, I also love Tiffany Rothe workouts. Sometime in the near future Id like to try px90
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill, dumbbells 5, 8 and 10lbs and resistance bands.

I use this online workout www.jillianmichael.com/shred (love it)
    I also have all her DVD's so I can change things up.

I hate gyms!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I switch between running and walking (i am usually pushing a stroller if when I go out the husband isn't home), and then one of the many JM dvds I have, plus zumba 2 for the wii and some of the dance off the inches. I don't do all that at once, but i use a combination of two of the activities.

I'm thinking about getting either insanity, turbo fire, chalean, or something different because I am starting to get bored lol

Edit: I don't have treadmill at home, so I have to actually go outside to run or walk. And I combine my hand weights (I have a set of 2's and a set of 3s. Please no judging, for a while i couldn't lift worth a darn)
  • smith4304
    smith4304 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Anything from beachbody!! I love them all. Little to no equipment and huge result if you follow them! And they have so many different types of workouts everyone can find one they love. You can look at them all under teambeachbody.com and go under the shop tab and then fitness programs. Hope that helps! :)
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I garden and am ripping up carpeting for the current project. Am going to look at a pilates machine Friday or Sat. Cuz I know I am going to have to do something for winter when I can't get outside.

Dvds are nice. I can do the youtube exercise videos and I plan on walking the dog 15 min. a day when I can't get out and dig. Course I just started losing weight, am sure after I have lost 30 or 40 lbs I am going to have to do more cardio. Cross that bridge when it happens. Have only lost 12 lbs in last 6 or 7 weeks.

If you have cable there is the fitness channel. Get a cheap yoga mat and enjoy fitness on demand. Also youtube works thru the xbox for me. And I have checked out dvds from the library!

I didn't get sedentary over night, going to take a while to get myself to do regular exercise. Right now am just focusing on logging my food daily and making good choices.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,014 Member
    Options
    I ride my recumbant bike, go for walks, and do the 30 day shred, denise austin tapes, leslie samsone tapes, and biggest loser tapes.....just find something you will stick with and do it. whatever you will stick with is the best exercise
  • docturtle
    docturtle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I only workout from home. I have an elliptical and the wii, but I also do a lot of weight lifting, yoga, sit-ups, push-ups, squats and of course dog-walking. Also I have recorded Fit-TV, my favorite being the tried and true Total Body Sculpt with Gilad, and Gilad's Bodies in Motion. Timeless.
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Denise Austin as mentioned in an earlier post and Gilad's Body in Motion are great workouts that are fun ..........
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I check out exercise DVDs from the library Some of my favorites are Tae Bo, Leslie Sansone, and Richard Simmons (don't judge me),
    Nothing wrong with Richard Simmons. His workouts are fun, and I love his positive energy. :)
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    I go to a gym but I do workout at home if I have school exams on.

I have dumbbells that I use for weight training, you can get a total body workout from there. See link.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/rudy6.htm

I also run, do jumping jacks, jump rope, situps, pushups, etc. There are also good workouts you can search up on youtube and follow them.

Good luck!