Sounds/noises you cannot tolerate?

Options

Replies

• SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Snoring
    Loud Chewing
    Sex noises on TV or coming from my roommates rooms like it makes me so uncomfortable lol
    When you accidentally scrape a fork against a plate
    People who constalty clear their throat
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    The sound of people eating. I hate it so very much!
  • obwize
    obwize Posts: 102
    Options
    Most sounds don't bother me at all. I'm REALLY good at tuning stuff out. EXCEPT for scratching skin. I can not stand it. Scratching clothes, fine, but nails on the skin grosses me out.
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    - people talking with food in their mouths
    - kids screaming
    - people talking obnoxiously loud in valley girl voices
    - whining
    - the train that goes by here and sounds like it is coming in my window that has to BLARE the horn at all hours
    - snoring
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    the sound of a parent (let's be honest, it is mostly Moms i am talking about) who ask Little Billy:
    "what do you want?...do you want a pumpkin muffin??....do you want a blueberry muffin??......do you want a crossiant..?...no? - just tell Mommy what you want.....do you want a lemon muffin...?....a chocolate muffin..?!"

makes me want to rip someone's uterus out.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    The sound of people picking at their fingernails and when people chew gum loudly (like smack it loudly without closing their mouth). Oh, and when people drag their eating utensil across their teeth. It makes me twitch. Haha
  • jennieth
    jennieth Posts: 105
    Options
    My kids whining! That will just ruin my entire day.
    My husband eating yams. My god it's disgusting!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    the sound of a parent (let's be honest, it is mostly Moms i am talking about) who ask Little Billy:
    "what do you want?...do you want a pumpkin muffin??....do you want a blueberry muffin??......do you want a crossiant..?...no? - just tell Mommy what you want.....do you want a lemon muffin...?....a chocolate muffin..?!"

makes me want to rip someone's uterus out.

HAHAHAHA. I do this. You would totally hate being around me.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    People who smack their lips when they eat...*herk
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Chewing anything crunchy.

I had a cubicle neighbor for a few months that would eat at her desk, and I don't know what she had (carrots?), but every time she bit down into whatever it was, it sounded like she broke her jaw and shattered her teeth. It gave me the creeps.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Teeth scraping against a fork. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. :huh:
  • spozzybear
    spozzybear Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Any eating-related noise
    Our neighbour's annoying little yappy dog who never shuts up
    The sound people make when they talk with a really dry mouth - it's almost inaudible but it's there and it drives me insane!
  • LSeales
    LSeales Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    When the dog decides to lick herself in the middle of the night when you are trying to sleep. I kick her off the bed.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    When the dog decides to lick herself in the middle of the night when you are trying to sleep. I kick her off the bed.

This too. I give her a benadryl and send her on her way (she has skin allergies so she chews all the time).
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options

I have a cat that does that, I can add that to the list, and also she decides to randomly purr in my ear at all hours as well....super annoying!
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty reasonable person but... I can't take it when people continue sucking/ slurping on their straw 5 and then 10, even 15 minutes after the drink is gone. "Dude, It's STILL GONE, it's empty. Seriously... move on, back away from the straw before someone gets hurt, you Hoover!"
  • LilMissImperfect
    Options
    Drippy water faucets. Fork/knives cutting against a plate when someone is trying to cut into their food. The "fake cry" toddlers do. People that smack their lips a lot while they talk without noticing. And sometimes the sound of brooms against textures surfaces, just gives me goosebumps. Makes a weird scratchy sound.
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    People who eat with their mouths open
    People who drag their feet making that awful scuffing shuffling noise!
    Screaming brats.
    Hacking coughs
    and of course that awful noise that people make before spitting out gunk.:noway:
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Anything that prevents me from getting sleep. And boybands.
  • Dinamita_TNT
    Options
    When someone is filing his/her nails... Also when someone does that to me. I only can stand it if I do it by myself...

Nails scratching chalkboards

Kids screaming/crying like there was no tomorrow day

Repetitive sounds

High sounds and people that not know how to talk.... But they only scream!

People eating with their mouths open (and all kind of disgusting sounds made by the mouth when kissing, eating, speaking or whatever...)