Best hair colour for cool pale skin?

Options
Hey! :)
Just in case there's anyone knowledgeable here, or just anyone with a similar complexion!
My hair's naturally a very dark caramel/honey blonde, which shows up as a nasty dull brown in photos... and I currently have it dyed quite a few shades lighter- I'm using lOreal preference 10- Scandinavia, and never bleached my hair so currently (after 4 applications) it's a niceish medium golden blonde.
I started thinking of going darker- I'm particularly fond of the dark blueberry colours- but then it hit me that that sort of thing would probably look terrible next to my pale, pinkish skin (and my complexion is horrible at that.) I don't even know if dark brown would look right. It's a real shame :P
A couple of people have said I might look good with red hair (not dark) but as I have two naturally redheaded flatmates that's not an option this year...
Would really value people sharing their experiences with more outlandish hair colours, too!

Replies

• AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Red hair. Seriously, natural red heads generally have this skin tone (I know I do) and I find that women who dye their hair often look a bit weird without it.

The pink tones in your skin will compliment the hair. Go for a natural red color.

EDIT: bah I just red the part about your flat mates.. um um are outlandish colors an option? What about hot pink hair? I only added streaks of hot pink and blue violet in my hair and as much as I dont like pink, it looked pretty nice with my red hair and skin.

I would say go black, but with pinkish skin tones, I think it will only look weird. If you're more pale than pink, I think it could look cool though.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    As someone with pale cool skin I can say that really, any color works. Right now I have orange red hair. But I've had every color of the rainbow (except brown) and none of them clashed with my skin.

I do agree with the above poster that red does look really good with pale skin. But so does black, platinum, pink, purple, blue, orange, etc. Just pick a color you like and go with it.
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Red hair :flowerforyou:
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    <<<<< mine's called 'Vivid Violet
  • DeniMarie123
    DeniMarie123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have pale pink skin as well with dark blonde hair. At the moment it is dyed a dark chestnutty brown which works really well and stops me looking as pink. Also Dark red will suit your skin tones. I find the blonder I go the pinker I look lol... even though my hair was white blonde when I was younger :)
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    use this website http://www.instyle.com/instyle/makeover/

you can see what you look like with different hairstyles too :P

when i had my hair black i looked so washed out so only do that if you have amazing skin tone.

go with a light pink or purple :)

i've had loads of colours but the one that has suited me most, are the reds. right now my roots are quite dark, defo not my natural colour! i'm just letting it grow out.

or try ombre! that'll look so good
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    If your skin has a pinkish tone to it, it's probably more of a warm pale, rather than cool. I'm a natural redhead, and I've got pink undertones (always extra noticeable when it's hot). Natural reds look nice, I realise you might not want to be the one colouring it like that when you live with two genuine ones, but keep it in mind for the future aha. The more...dramatic red/orange colours can look a bit much with warm skin sometimes, but mahogany shades can look lovely. Also, blonde perhaps, I've also had mine a warm shade of brown-not too dark, but just deeper. I know a few natural redheads who I grew up with that rebelled and went black-looks terrible and out of place, but it's pretty hard to go back on. Brown semi-permanent is nicer, will fade out more naturally.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I have pale skin! Its soo hard to get a hair colour that goes nice with pale skin. Anyway, light brown looks nice! I had light brown for a while and it was nice, or - brown with blonde highlights!! The highlights tones down the brown a bit :)
  • Irish_Eyes81
    Irish_Eyes81 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I always go brown with a hint of red ;)
  • niici
    niici Posts: 32
    Options
    definitely red!! or (but that must fit the face) blond.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Black.

/emo fetishist
  • ShamaraRobyn
    Options
    EDIT: bah I just red the part about your flat mates.. um um are outlandish colors an option? What about hot pink hair? I only added streaks of hot pink and blue violet in my hair and as much as I dont like pink, it looked pretty nice with my red hair and skin.

I don't like hot pink.. :P I'm quite fond of pale pink, but I'm not sure if the same thing would apply as with blonde:
    I find the blonder I go the pinker I look lol...
    I've noticed that the blonder my mum dyes her hair (almost same skin tone, slightly darker) the pinker she looks... she's baby blonde at the moment and depending on the light she can look veeeery pink. She was dark red once, but not for long so I can't really remember if it suited her.

I've ordered a couple of cheap wigs in blue-black and pale pink so I can have a look-see- I agree with the people saying natural red (I'm fond of copper, too) and maybe I'll get to try it next year :D

..Hmm, I'm not so worried about looking washed out... I just don't want to look pink. My skin isn't the nicest and I do still suffer from spots so I want as little colour as possible, really..
  • michcruz
    michcruz Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I think red would definitely suit you, but I like dark brown hair on a paler complexion for some reason. If you go darker brown and don't want it to be a duller look, add some dark red highlights in it. It may help give it a sheen look. Also, if you're a makeup wearer, try a red lip with the darker hair color...looks fab! Like a 50s style.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    dont do drk brown!!!...strawberry blonde!!!!!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I have seriously PALE skin. I loved when I had my hair 'blue-black' which looked deep blue in the sun, jet black indoors. I also like having black hair as well. Over the past two years, I went to neon red, dark red, muted red, light brown, dark brown with red highlights, straight dark brown, etc. Hated all of it with my skin tone. Switching back to black hopefully next weekend (doing deep red underneath, though)

ETA: Dark purple was great as well.
  • boecho
    boecho Posts: 74
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of red hair and pale skin!
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have very pale skin, and strawberry blond hair, I think my hair clashes with my skin tone but oh well!
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    red
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Highlights!
    Don't go dark unless you want to be pale as hell!
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    Options
    As other posters have said, it really depends on the undertones. As you can see, I am like Casper the friendly ghost and I have bright blonde hair. I am a natural redhead, though :)