Carbs per day

How many carbs do you have on average per day....

A) 0-50 B) 50-100 C) 100-150 D) 150-200 E) More than 200

Replies

• Go to http://www.acaloriecounter.com/diet/how-many-carbs-per-day/ This breaks it down pretty good. It also debunks the myths surrounding carbs.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    How many carbs do you have on average per day....

A) 0-50 B) 50-100 C) 100-150 D) 150-200 E) More than 200

D
  • maria_elaina
    maria_elaina Posts: 53 Member
    On the cusp...between C and D!
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    a. and it comes from green leafy veggies mostly.
  • NVM87
    NVM87 Posts: 57 Member
    I want to be in the B range but it always sways between C and D...it's soooooo hard to get under 100
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    I mostly hit C per day on occasion I will hit D
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    I want to be in the B range but it always sways between C and D...it's soooooo hard to get under 100

I know :( I've been trying for some days but I ca't seem to eat enough calories if I try to keep the carb under 100g...
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    D/E depending on whether I am riding or recovering.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Usually C, but sometimes B
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    E!!!

I can't imagine how anyone can survive on even less, because I am already at a bit of a cut-down level to where I used to be. I don't see carbs as the enemy, the only problem with them is that they are quite calorie-dense...hahaha.
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    B
  • I am set up for C...but usually stay in B!
  • geeniusatwurk
    geeniusatwurk Posts: 68 Member
    I don't see carbs as the enemy, the only problem with them is that they are quite calorie-dense...hahaha.

That's why my intake is in the B range (50 to 100 g). If you're looking to cut calories but weightlifting necessitates higher protein intake, cutting carbs is the way to go. Carbs are only used for energy anyways, from which my body still has ample long-term stores to draw
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    A
  • noojim
    noojim Posts: 49 Member
    A usually, sometimes B

This comes pretty naturally, since I don't eat grains or sugary stuff.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    E and beyond, 600 on my high day! :D
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    200g +

Yesterday I had 400g + and today I'm down to my lowest weight so far. Carbs aren't the enemy. :happy:
  • Varies from B to E haha

My goal is based on my protein and fat levels, as long as I'm getting enough of those, I fill the rest of my calories with carbs.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Being a type 2 diabetic, my nutritionist suggested in the "C" range
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    200g +

Yesterday I had 400g + and today I'm down to my lowest weight so far. Carbs aren't the enemy. :happy:
    This!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Between D & E+

I HAVE to keep my fat low because I no longer have a gallbladder and bad things happen when I eat too much fat.

Assuming you are trying to stay within your macros, If you are 'low fat' you are 'high carb' by default. Similarly if you eat high carb, you are probably eating less fat because your protein intake should be constant @ 1g per lb of lean mass. So it really is going to depend on each individual situation.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    E and beyond for me, averaging between 300-340 grams a day, had circumferential body lift surgery 6 weeks ago so I am currently just getting back to exercise so I dropped it down to around 240 the last several weeks but am now back to cardio and starting lifting so I am going to start bumping them up again.... Best of Luck....
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 361 Member
    Sometimes A, sometimes B, C, D, E ...

I watch my calorie intake and micronutrients. Don't really care about carbs/fat. I eat what I want to eat.
  • tamba01
    tamba01 Posts: 110 Member
    between c and d, it could go either way :)
  • RobKarmic
    RobKarmic Posts: 108 Member
    self proclaimed carb addict a day where I eat 200 carbs is a happy day lol
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    E, but I am no longer trying to lose weight. They gave me this to maintain my weight. I get most of my carbs from oatmeal, fruits, and vegetables. I never exceed 260 though.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    D, sometimes E
  • McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    200g +

^ This!

200+ most days. I grew up eating steamed white rice, even with being cut down, I am still high on carbs.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    E, easily.
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Usually between 60 and 150 g. Any higher and my weight goes up :(