White Kidney Bean Extract

So I work from home.. which is tough all on its own, but I tend to watch a lot of daytime tv.
So I watch a lot of the Doctors, and Dr Oz, etc.
I know there is no easy way to drop the pounds but still I look in my free time.
Recently they did an episode on White Kidney Bean extract, and how it really helped when you ate a lot of carbs.
Wondering if anyone has tried this and what your thoughts were...

Thanks for your input!

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Quack, quack , quack, did someone say Dr Oz was here?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    tigerpalm.jpg
  • Quack, quack , quack, did someone say Dr Oz was here?

I feel that way about Dr. Oz myself.
    As for the original question, PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE research that stuff before you run out and try to find it.
    I work at a health food co-op and I cannot count the number of times what people come in looking for a Dr. Oz recommended product and then coming back complaining that it didn't work.
    And I don't see how Dr. Oz can hold any validity when he recommends different weight loss products EVERY WEEK one week is brown sea weed, the next it's green coffee been, the very next week its white kidney bean!!! If there are that many weight loss miracle pills then websites like this wouldn't be needed and everybody would be slim and svelte!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    It's a product that claims to prevent carbs from turning into "belly fat." De novo lipogenesis is a metabolic pathway that's barely active, except under circumstances that don't apply to anyone in the real world. I suspect this product was shown to work on lab rats, which would make a lot more sense, since DNL is active in rats.

You're not a rat, are you?
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Quack, quack , quack, did someone say Dr Oz was here?

I feel that way about Dr. Oz myself.
    As for the original question, PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE research that stuff before you run out and try to find it.
    I work at a health food co-op and I cannot count the number of times what people come in looking for a Dr. Oz recommended product and then coming back complaining that it didn't work.
    And I don't see how Dr. Oz can hold any validity when he recommends different weight loss products EVERY WEEK one week is brown sea weed, the next it's green coffee been, the very next week its white kidney bean!!! If there are that many weight loss miracle pills then websites like this wouldn't be needed and everybody would be slim and svelte!

You forgot about raspberry ketones.
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Fire_Rock said some of what I was thinking... The reason why we have to cook beans for so long before we eat them, is because when they are raw our bodies can't digest them properly. They can make you sick. I can't tell you exactly why off the top of my head, but I'm sure if you do some research on trustworthy sites you will find the information you need.

Don't trust Dr. Oz and don't trust anything that is a "quick fix."
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Fire_Rock said some of what I was thinking... The reason why we have to cook beans for so long before we eat them, is because when they are raw our bodies can't digest them properly. They can make you sick. I can't tell you exactly why off the top of my head, but I'm sure if you do some research on trustworthy sites you will find the information you need.

Don't trust Dr. Oz and don't trust anything that is a "quick fix."

Beans contain an undigestable sugar. Your gut bacteria feeding on this sugar is what gives you gas.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    So Dr. Oz now says to BLAST BELLY FAT!!!!! we should take:

Green coffee bean extract
    Raspberry ketones
    White kidney bean extract

Sounds completely reasonable to me. :laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    consider something more productive with your time than the boob tube

put on some music instead and you will be shocked how much cleaner your house gets
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member

Raspberry ketones

I’ve watched a couple of DR OZ shows and I happened to catch the one on Green coffee bean extract and a segment on what he does or doesn’t recommend. He said he doesn’t recommend anything that you see on his show (and he repeats himself many times during these types of product research segments). If you see his face on the internet, Wal-Mart, Walgreens….it has been used illegally and not with his permission. That’s all I know for sure and I wouldn’t ever claim to pretend to know about something I don’t. That’s just me =)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member

Raspberry ketones

I’ve watched a couple of DR OZ shows and I happened to catch the one on Green coffee bean extract and a segment on what he does or doesn’t recommend. He said he doesn’t recommend anything that you see on his show (and he repeats himself many times during these types of product research segments). If you see his face on the internet, Wal-Mart, Walgreens….it has been used illegally and not with his permission. That’s all I know for sure and I wouldn’t ever claim to pretend to know about something I don’t. That’s just me =)

He doesn't recommend anything you see on his show? Then why does he put it on his show and he does promote the crap on his show and usually makes a big deal with a reveal of how many pounds a year you can lose by using said crap. If he doesn't promote it then quit showing it, oh right, then he'd have to go back to being Dr Oz heart surgeon instead of Dr Oz TV star.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member

Raspberry ketones

If that were true he would have the world's busiest legal team filing injunctions (and presumably suing) product manufacturers and retailers.

I've seen segments of his program where he has practically ascribed miraculous attributes to whatever product of the week he's shilling.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member

Raspberry ketones

He doesn't recommend anything you see on his show? Then why does he put it on his show and he does promote the crap on his show and usually makes a big deal with a reveal of how many pounds a year you can lose by using said crap. If he doesn't promote it then quit showing it, oh right, then he'd have to go back to being Dr Oz heart surgeon instead of Dr Oz TV star.

It probably has to do with money but If it's something you have to know, ask Oprah =)
  • Check out some great studies on Phase 2 White Kidney Bean Extract at www.phase2info.com.