What's your favourite at-home workout (dvds, etc)

Options
Need to get something to do over the winter when I hibernate and don't go out for many walks :) Just wondering what's everyone's favourite at home work outs before I invest in a couple.

Replies

• perfecting_emptiness
    Options
    P90X! P90X! P90X! I freaking love it and got great results. I also have insanity but IMO p90x is WAY better and you can tailor the program to meet your needs/goals. And p90x has minimal equipment needed. People who haven't done it say you have to have lots of equipment but you really don't. Only weights and a pull up bar OR resistance bands :)
  • gogoyubarino
    gogoyubarino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred.
    Had to turn off the volume after a while, though... and put on my own music.
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Here's a great resource for at-home workout DVDs, with categories, search parameters, preview clips, and staff and customer reviews: http://www.collagevideo.com/

I *love* workout DVDs--I have about 30 of them. I mix them in with my walking and biking even when the weather is perfect.
  • PurrfumeGIrl
    PurrfumeGIrl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just joined gaiamtv.com a couple of weeks. They had a Free Trial offer. I love it. I've been doing the same Yoga workouts for 7 years now so I'm like a kid in the candy store trying something new every day.My favorites are Jillian Michaels workouts but there are some really good Firm and Winsor Pilates too. I think it's 8 bucks a month or something like that. Well worth IMHO. I created a PlayList and I plug my iPhone into the TV and voila... home workout studio!!!
  • ardorrequiem
    Options
    BEACHBODY!!! oh my goodness. I'm starting slim in 6 hoping to work my way into turbofire and insanity! hit me up if you want some links to stuff... sometimes I watch the infomercials for fun... if I spent as much time watching infomercials as I do working out, i'd be a rail!
  • pjgrieco
    pjgrieco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have to agree P90X was an awesome workout. Very intense and you definately get results, I did this more for my husband because he needed a more manly DVD that didn't involve dancing. I am currently doing Brazil Butt Lift which is not as intense but it definately seems to be working.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    My fave and only one I have ever used is Callanetics (the original version)
  • missy0936
    missy0936 Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam with Charlene Johnson Rocks !
  • elinapeka
    Options
    I love Power 90 and The Biggest Loser workouts!
  • madworld1
    Options
    Here's a great resource for at-home workout DVDs, with categories, search parameters, preview clips, and staff and customer reviews: http://www.collagevideo.com/

I *love* workout DVDs--I have about 30 of them. I mix them in with my walking and biking even when the weather is perfect.

Agreed. I love this site. I especially love old school "The Firm" workouts.
  • badmuthafelker
    badmuthafelker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    TapOut XT is awesome.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people that is easily annoyed by fitness instructors. I'm doing INSANITY right now and I think it's fantastic. I plan to do p90x next. I have 30DS and I found it dull and not all that challenging.
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    ALL the Jillian Michaels DVDs are excellent!!! Best for beginners is her 30 Day Shred. For more experienced, Extreme Shed & Shred. Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is also fabulous, around a 650 calorie burn for me in an hour!
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge advocate for no-equipment-needed, at-home workouts. These are my go-to workouts:

Billy Blanks Tae Bo Basics
    The Spartacus Workout (http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/high-intensity-circuit-routine/index.php)
  • caschw
    caschw Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the Leslie Sansone walk at home DVD's. I just bought the latest one and have lost 3 lbs. since starting it. They are very easy to follow and you can do it in your livingroom.
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    Kathy Smith's Kickboxing Workout and Lift Weights to Lose Weight. I know she's from the 90s but I like her because she reminds me of my best friend whom I've not seen in a long time. And her workouts are pretty challenging and they do work. I lost over 90 lbs ten years ago doing her step aerobic workouts and weight lifting.
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    anything jillian! I do boost your metobilsm, no more trouble zones, her kettle bell dvd, 30 day shred. I pretty much have all of them and switch it up when I am bored. I also do pilateswith lizbeth garcia!
  • jessie021508
    Options
    I absolutely love all Jillian Michaels DVD's. I just got her 90 day Body Revolution and I hope that it gives me some great results. :happy:
  • kwatkin
    kwatkin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam and 30 Day Shred (good place to start for at-home beginners)
    Turbo Fire
    TapouT XT (just started, omg insane!)
    I have Insanity, but I don't think I'll try it simply because of my knee and there looks like better options IMO...

Take a look at some of the previews on youtube first and then try and find them cheap on ebay!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Sandbag training. Ultimatesandbagtraining.com sells the kits. Also, suspension training. For cardio I have an Australian Shepherd, an agility ladder, and a jump rope. =)

EDIT: I think that rather than investing ni DVDs you should invest in some quality home fitness tools such as the sandbag kit or suspension trainer I mentioned above. Youtube tells you all you need to know about how to do workouts with them. And the results they give are awesome.