How do you prepare for a weigh-in?

Options

Replies

• belle_noelle
    belle_noelle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I try not to get too anxious about weighing in ( i still eat, drink tons of water as usual). I get a good nights rest, and I weigh myself naked every saturday morning after I use the bathroom.
    THat day, I start over eating healthy and counting my calories :)

-- Question though. Do you all decrease your caloric intake weekly?
  • lmerner
    lmerner Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hillarius - I love the helium idea!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    -Get up
    -Pee
    -Poo
    -Pee again just in case
    -Get naked
    -Get ride of nipples rings
    -Pee.....everydrop count
    -Move my scale to the perfect place where it give me 0.1 pounds less everytime
    -Consider removing IUD
    -Step on the scale
    -Stand as tall as possible
    -Put my arms in the air
    -Exale air in lungs
    -Weigh-in

Not really I just don't step on the evil thing
  • barbosa_art
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips. SO this is what I gathered:

Day Before:
    Normal routine

Weigh In Day:
    1. Poop/ Pee 2. Strip 3. Get on Scale
  • barbosa_art
    Options
    -Get up
    -Pee
    -Poo
    -Pee again just in case
    -Get naked
    -Get ride of nipples rings
    -Pee.....everydrop count
    -Move my scale to the perfect place where it give me 0.1 pounds less everytime
    -Consider removing IUD
    -Step on the scale
    -Stand as tall as possible
    -Put my arms in the air
    -Exale air in lungs
    -Weigh-in

Not really I just don't step on the evil thing

LOL.. The scale can be evil
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    strip to my undies, step on the scale, and stand straight, look forward for about 10 sec. then look down to see if it measured my weight.
  • Dunkelheit666
    Dunkelheit666 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I would like to know what others do the day before and the day of a weigh in. Do you stop eating at a certain time the day before? DO you still drink water? Whats the best way to get an accurate reading?

do not weigh after a work out. its not accurate cuz you lose water weight.
    weigh yourself first thing in the morning after you pee.
    bowel movements do not shed weight suprisingly. just pee first.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I try not to have a high-sodium meal the night before, but other than that... same as the rest here.

The avoiding high-sodium the night before just means not having something like sushi (soy sauce). I don't like the spike from water weight - it's discouraging.
  • rinnismom
    Options
    Use the restroom, get naked, stand on scale.

Manipulating your meal timing outside of your normal behavior patterns seems silly. You'd only be fooling yourself and providing less than accurate data.

this is exactly how i do it and how i feel about it. as long as you're consistent with your weigh-ins, including when/how, you should be okay.
  • cdsherer
    Options
    Get up Monday morning, use the bathroom and get naked and get on the scale.
  • trinityrecgirl
    Options
    I close my eyes and jump on.
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    get naked
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    You should weigh the morning... as soon as you gget up, pee, get naked and weigh....same way everytime...
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Once a month on a day that I'm reasonably sure I'm not constipated or retaining water, I get out of bed, pee, and weigh myself in my birthday suit.
  • cdsherer
    Options
    I dont do anything different than I would any other day. But maybe that's because I weigh myself every day but only report my losses on Monday.

Monday is my day!!!
  • LisaKunz
    LisaKunz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Pee, other if possible, shower, shave, cut finger and toe nails, tweeze eyebrows, blow nose, dry hair, pee again, then weigh.
  • rcornetta
    Options
    Every Friday night after work and a workout I eat a light meal and weigh in. Then I post to myfitnesspal.

But I still weigh in each day.
  • randomgirlusa
    randomgirlusa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This is kind of gross.... but I like to weigh myself on mornings before I've had a shower and after I've had a really big .... erm... bowel movement .... ok awkward....

and then I get naked and hop on the scale. Even if it goes down 0.2 pounds, I'm thrilled. Because it's 0.2 less than the last time I ... erm... you know... i don't really want to say it again.
  • jferris91
    jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I dont do much the day before but the day of the weigh in I make sure im naked lol...dont need any extra weight
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    I weigh on Friday's, After my shower in the morning. I weigh in the nude to get "Good" reading.. But I don't prepare I just weigh..