How do you prepare for a weigh-in?

Options
124»

Replies

• Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Always weigh on the same day of the week, same time of the day. Don't weigh on Friday morning and then on Tuesday night. You see the change best by doing it at the same time.

I wake up, go to the bathroom, shower, and weigh, before breakfast.
  • NJSunshine13
    Options
    Wow I'm impressed that some of you do weekly (and some monthly) weigh ins. I, unfortunately am a slave to my scale and weigh myself at least two times a day (sometimes more). In the morning and then, yes I will come home from work, take all my clothes off and weigh myself again, just to see how it changed from my morning weigh in. I can see if I am on track if it only goes up a lb or so. Then sometimes a third time before I go to sleep at night, knowing that come morning there will be sometimes as much as a 2 lb difference. I know .... I have issues. The only one I record though is the day I go see my nutritionist and she asks me what I weigh. So she has the official results.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Every Friday night after work and a workout I eat a light meal and weigh in. Then I post to myfitnesspal.

But I still weigh in each day.

what if your workout is different? What if your light meal is different?
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    lolwut???

1. wake up
    2. drop kids off at the pool
    3. wipe
    4. wash hands
    5. step on scale

Ahhhh... #4, that must be where I'm going wrong.
  • Psychedelicately
    Psychedelicately Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I pee and get naked. Or close to it.

^this
  • Adrian211
    Adrian211 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Only once a week. Monday mornings (helps keep my weekend in perspective). Wake up, bathroom, step on scale in my boxers. Weigh myself ONCE (not fifty times, take the average, yadda yadda yadda). I learned the hard way that the scale will drive you absolutely bonkers. Weigh yourself once the same time on the same day every week and track your progress
  • RiverManUK
    RiverManUK Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Use the restroom, get naked, stand on scale.

Manipulating your meal timing outside of your normal behavior patterns seems silly. You'd only be fooling yourself and providing less than accurate data.

This. You're only cheating yourself to do otherwise.
  • brianfmatthews
    brianfmatthews Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Remove pants. Step on scale.......is this a trick question?
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    My official weigh-ins are every Monday morning. THis is how I prepare:

1. Relax.

2. Go to the bathroom.

3. Get naked.

4. Relax.

5. Step on the scale.

Just relax is my point :)
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just get on the scale and weigh myself.....clothes and all since my doctors office frowns on people stripping down naked to get weighed. :laugh:

Last doctor I went to the med assistant said she was "subtracting 3 pounds for clothes". I'm sure that gives some people a confidence boost but I know I'm not wearing 3 pounds of clothes...
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    If you're about to prepare for a wrestling match, this question makes sense

but if you're gauging everyday life, stepping on the scale is a way to measure how well you've done with your food choices
    from one week to the next...and adjust accordingly.

I liken my scale to a map/GPS........if I find myself getting too far off track, I STOP and get back on the right road ASAP.