30 lbs down and Addicted to Zumba

Options
Hi ya'll! Well I never thought I would post on the success board. My journey has had a rough start. I began at 294.8, sedentary, and a food addict. I began my journey on WW and after four months of it not working for me I decided to look for another avenue. I stumbled on MFP and began Zumba it is all history now. I now have realized that my body has a very specific formula that solves the weight loss equation. Calories in and calories out. Eat to live and don't live to eat. Move everyday...even if your tired...chances are you will thank yourself. Here is my success so far. This is my first time posting pics please let me know if you can't see. Again 30 pounds is a great success....but this is just the beginning. I hope in another few months I can post about my 60lbs down :0)

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o785/NINIC010386/TODAD.jpg

Replies

• JULES1801
    JULES1801 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Your pics didn't show on message board but your photobucket website did, so I cut & pasted and saw your success. Good job ! You look great!!!
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hi ya'll! Well I never thought I would post on the success board. My journey has had a rough start. I began at 294.8, sedentary, and a food addict. I began my journey on WW and after four months of it not working for me I decided to look for another avenue. I stumbled on MFP and began Zumba it is all history now. I now have realized that my body has a very specific formula that solves the weight loss equation. Calories in and calories out. Eat to live and don't live to eat. Move everyday...even if your tired...chances are you will thank yourself. Here is my success so far. This is my first time posting pics please let me know if you can't see. Again 30 pounds is a great success....but this is just the beginning. I hope in another few months I can post about my 60lbs down :0)

TODAD.jpg

Here is your pic!

GREAT JOB!!! I love your attitude, it is going to help take you far on this journey.
  • racmar0208
    Options
    GREAT JOB!! I am also a self-proclaimed Zumba addict. Best workout ever because it's fun and you don't feel like your working out!! Definitely something that doesn't get old. Keep up the good work!!
  • DCpaleochick
    DCpaleochick Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    nice!!! I just got back from Zumba class!!!! LUV it!

keep on rolling babes!!!!
  • hsobolew
    hsobolew Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep it up!!! I am also a Zumba addict!!! It has changed my life in so many ways!
  • chaoskitty
    chaoskitty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    AWESOME job! Looking fabulous! I love Zumba!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    You look great....Starting back Zumba this weekend...Your progress is great...Keep up the good job
  • kaffane
    Options
    :happy: WOW!!! you look great! Thanks for the motivation! maybe i should look into Zumba, i've never tried it before and i have a lot of weight (like over 100lbs) that i want to lose too!
  • ninic010386
    ninic010386 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks for fixing my pic Jules :)
  • sjwilliams706
    Options
    That is awesome! Keep up the good work!! You look amazing!!
  • ninic010386
    Options
    Ladies thanks for the overwhelming support. Zumba is my cardio of choice and I only use the gym as an alternative when I can't make it to my classes. It is a whole body work out for sure. And when you think of Zumba there is many different types...Basic, Gold, Aqua, Sentao (my new favorite) All you have to do is just keep moving and the calories will burn. Biggest motivator is wearing my HRM to class and seeing my composite calorie burn for the week. I have something to compare and challenge.
  • destinee1103
    destinee1103 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    very nice u have done really good,

Girl I love me some zumba I tell my instructor she is not human she works our butts off no joke :cry:
  • lynnacuff
    Options
    i have zumba cds ..have a hard time folowing some of the moves..top and bottom dont want to move at same time..lol
    but i do like the zumba...you look great
  • ninic010386
    Options
    Lynn I hear you on the top and bottom not wanting to move at the same time. It has taken me 3 solid months to really get comfortable with zumba :0) and it coordination needs lol!
  • irisic
    irisic Posts: 55
    Options
    good job, I'm very happy for you, keep it up hun you look great
  • sexybab
    Options
    Great job! Due to months and months of family illnesses for my daughter and husband...I have fell by the wayside. I too am a Zumba fanatic and you have given me the motivation to get back on the bandwagon. You look great. Thanks for the encouragement.
  • Jovan0609
    Jovan0609 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing your success...I teach Zumba classes at home and it's so uplifting to hear how it has helped to truly change someone!! Stay encouraged!! :smile:
  • MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You go girl!! I love Zumba, I used to go 4 days a week now I may only go 2 days a month. Hearing your post makes me want to get back in my classes, but I'm working 12 hour shifts and they happen to fall on the days of 2 of my favorite classes. My sister and myself have different instructors we love at different locations, but I'm pretty sure we can find more!!! Keep up the good work and GO ZUMBA!!!
  • IESHA12
    IESHA12 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    wow u look great you have inspired me to keep going thanks :) GOOD LUCK ON THE REST OF YOUR JOURNEY :)
  • melissazwa
    melissazwa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Not just 30 lbs, but look at how many INCHES have melted off your body. Keep it up, I'm sure you're inspiring folks around you everyday!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!