Seeking a weight loss BFF

Options
Hi everyone! I've been on and off mfp for awhile, but I'm back again after giving birth 9 weeks ago. I am in need of some serious support and motivation, and I don't currently have anyone IRL to do that. In using this site before, I realized that its nice to have lots of friends who leave positive comments on my status updates, but I need something different than that. I need someone to message daily, if not more. Someone who is going to be expecting to hear from me and who will be honest and give me a kick in the pants if I need it. In turn, that person can get the same level of accountability from me.

A little bit about me, so that you are interested you can see if we have some things in common:
36 years old
5'2"
181 lbs
Mother of 2 under 2
PCOS
Diagnosed as diabetic, but I'm not medicated for it
Sugar/ chocolate addict!!

Please send me a message if you want to help each other meet our weight loss goals!!
Dawn

Replies

• 4sandrad
    4sandrad Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi Dawn,

Sending you a friend request!
  • CINNAMON77_00
    CINNAMON77_00 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I will take the challenge!! I am almost in the same boat....almost. 1 kid, under 2. Used to be way good at working out...now every chance I get she is my excuse...and the pounds are creeping...I am at 171 now. Looking to be at 150. How do I friend request? If you want to, I mean.
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi Dawn,
    I am sending you a friend request as well.
  • rvrmom
    rvrmom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me too feel free to add me!
  • sempertracy
    sempertracy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I was there with the kiddos now they are 5 & 6! I'm also 5'2, 38 years old and still want to lose another 30+ lbs
  • lanie37
    lanie37 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    hi, 37 mum of one (10 year old) also have PCOS and love chocolate and sugar in my coffee. I am hear for the long haul. feel free to add me.
  • ChristinaDawn7
    ChristinaDawn7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey Dawn!! I am so with you.....I need accountability. I'm 37, 180 lbs, and also have PCOS.

Also my middle name is Dawn...how awesome is that? I just don't have any kids yet, but I'm hoping that if I lose weight and get healthy, I will be able to get pregnant.

-Christina Dawn Lillard
  • CCmomof5
    CCmomof5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there Dawn!
    Looks like you have lots of volunteers, but I'd love to partner with you, too, if you need more accountability! I'm 39 and I have five children, and although they are all older than yours now, I remember what it felt like to have 2 babies under 2 (my first 2 are 17 months apart). I've got about 40 pounds to lose.