Noooooo motivation but need to lose my belly!

Options
Hi all,
I have PCOS and had a baby just over 8 months ago, I was really lucky in pregnancy that I didn't put on any weight but do have a larger tummy which I REALLY want to shift. I am a uk 12 generally but my belly makes me look much bigger and I feel like a size 20 because of my big belly - my muffin tops are just delightful and I still look like I'm about 6 months pregnant.
I'm going to a posh do in January and last year when we went I was heavily pregnant so I'd really love to look super nice this year to show off a non preg body but at the mo I can't stand to look in the mirror let alone wear a posh frock and its getting me down. I've been looking at dresses online and spend ages looking and then get really upset and frustrated thinking that they'll just look awful on me anyway. I have self esteem issues anyway and the pcos effect on my body is not helping.
I know that i do eat too many carbs and sugar generally but in my defence I have quite a demanding little boy who likes lots of attention and I find the only thing that gets me through the day is my cups of tea (with 2 sugars) and the occasional chocolate bar (say twice a week?)
I try to walk at least 10 miles a week, whilst pushing a pram too as I find this is the easiest way to fit exercise into my life. My husband works really long hours so I can't get out to an exercise class in the evenings and my little boy doesn't nap for long enough for me to do a DVD workout.
I'm on a 1200 cal limit and of course try to do 2x 5 mile walks each week. I can't do sit ups, I'm crap at them! Lol
Any tips on a miracle way to shift the stomach lol
Thanks
L

Replies

• JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's 30-day shred is less than 30 minutes from warm-up to cool down. Certainly he naps at least 30 minutes? I usually have to squeeze my work-outs into the evening. How about after he goes to bed at night? Unfortunately, there is no "miracle" for the tummy - it takes a lot of work and a lot of patience. Mine is very slow coming off despite significant progress in other areas. If you practice sit-ups, you will get stronger every day and you will get better at them.

I'm not trying to be mean, because I certainly have a long way to go, and I'm not perfect either. With that said, it sounds like you're making excuses. We all have busy lives. You need to make the commitment and make time for yourself. If you really want to, you can. If you really want to make excuses, you can do that too.
  • rainmac80
    rainmac80 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hiya,
    Yeah I prob am making excuses for not doing it, I don't enjoy exercising as a rule and find it hard. I was joking about the miracle bit :)
    I could fit it in in the evening before cooking dinner n other stuff, I'm just so exhausted all the time at the mo, but ur right, I just need to get on with it, I'm just struggling to get past the downward spiral of... I've got a big belly, nothing I do gets rid of it, no point trying, I've got a big belly - know that only I can do anything but guess I was looking for support in that its not easy balancing mothering, wife and still supposed to look perfect which I really don't feel I do
    N the pcos means that the tummy is even harder to shift than normal apparently :(
  • rainmac80
    rainmac80 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh n I just bought the DVD so thanks for that tip :)
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I don't love exercising either. My favorite saying from Mike Karpenko (a trainer) is "Results are not made in the comfort zone". I know it's hard to juggle all of the commitments - goodness knows I have many of my own. I work full-time, I have a small business on the side, 3 kids, and I'm taking college classes. I just make the time. Sometimes it's getting up earlier or going to bed later. It's a sacrifice, but I figure that I'm worth it! (So are you! :smile: ) I wasn't trying to be harsh, just to give you a little push. :wink:

You may have a small disadvantage, but it doesn't mean you can't make it happen, you just will have to work a little harder at it. So, you decide. Stay unhappy with yourself, or find a solution. It's all you. :smile:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    The only way to get rid of your stomach is to lose weight and reduce your body fat. And that will take time. January is less than 2 months away. Don't expect a miracle by then. But, if you keep working at it and you're persistant, you will get results.

Yes, PCOS will make that harder to do, but if you "search" the topics, you'll find a lot of PCOS support here. I'm pretty sure there are even some PCOS support groups.

Everyone here has demands on their time, and we find a way to make it work. If exercise is important to you, you'll find a way to do it. If not, then don't. It's not necessary for losing weight, but it's what makes your body look good.

Also, are you eating your exercise calories? A 5 mile walk is no small feat - but you need to replace those calories you burn, especially if you are only eating 1200.