google.com!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    All my recipes have meat.
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I haven't ate meat for 2 months! I think it's helped me break through my plateau

Anyway, I make a lot of the same stuff but without the meat. For example, I make chilli (lots of tomatoes, beans, celery, peppers, onions) and I just leave out the meat.

I make veggie fajitas..yum! Same way as I used to, only no meat, just loads of veggies.

I have a good egg drop soup recipe if your interested. I also just made some hot and sour soup the other night and that was pretty good. Both are super low calorie.

Noodle dishes like pesto and meatless spaghetti are always options, but the carbs add up in calories so quick.

cauliflour mashed potatoes are amazing!!! There are great recipes online and you can always tweak it to make it more/less healthy. I make a huge amount and eat it all for like 400 calories total. It's really filling.

I suppose that's all I can think of at this time. I find that since I've stopped eating meat, I just alter the dishes I make. Usually I'll take out what I want before adding adding the meat for my fiance. I also substitute protein shakes in for diner.

Hope this helps :) Let me know if you want specifics on any of the things I mentioned.
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I need some vegetarian recipes

Avocado sandwich
    Spaghetti squash with marinara
    Broccoli and cheese roll ups
    Purple cabbage, cannellini beans salad with lemon juice and peanuts
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I get most of my ideas from Skinnytaste.com, SparkRecipes.com, and About.com has some winners, too. For meat substitutes, I recommend Morningstar or Gardenburger. Light Life has some awesome chorizo and Italian-style sausages that I like to use instead of hot dogs, and their 'smart dogs' are pretty darn good (bun length and 100 calories apiece? Yes please!). Just be mindful of the sodium in meat substitutes.

Lots of Asian and Indian recipes don't include meat anyway, so that might be a good place to start. Pastas and casserole-style main dishes do vegetarian wonderfully. Sneak a half cup of lentils into a pot of veggie soup, and it'll fill you up so well you won't even miss the meat.
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    vegweb.com
    ohsheglows.com
    marthastewart.com
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options

Hummus and spincach wrap.
    Spread hummus on a wrap. Add spincach and a little bit of salsa and shredded cheddar. Wrap it up and eat it.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Go to pinterest and type in the search vegetarian recipes and click on the boards section. You get pictures and you can scroll for hours
  • klindema
    klindema Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Tonight, we had a skillet lasgna, no meat- delish: with lots and lots of onion and spinach
    last night, coconut rice with tofu and broccoli in curry sauce
    Monday, pumpkin pizza with roasted fennel (pumpkin pasta sauce, blue cheese, dates, kalmata olives on whole wheat pizza dough- just roast the fennel bulbs in the oven first..)

We cook with white beans, nuts, coconut milk, tofu, and eggs a lot- but rarely have meat at home. I usually have gone over for protein only at the end of the day (I have a protein shake each morning)

Bon apetit!
  • slshaw23
    slshaw23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    google.com!

Hilarious :laugh:
  • fayesuave
    fayesuave Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Still looking?

I make my own veggie burgers. 1 can organic chickpeas, 1 can organic black beans. I add tumeric, corriander, cumin, onion, salt, pepper, chili flakes.

Also, I buy veggie ground round which tries to emulate the texture of ground beef. I find if you spice it enough, you don't even notice it's not beef (mind you have I haven't eaten beef in over 10 years). I use veggie ground round in chili, tacos and lasagne.

Stirfries are always good.

I also make lots of Indian food - dhall, chickpea curry, etc.

If you want to PM me, I can send you some detailed recipes. It's been a 4 year battle, but I've managed to convert a number of my old recipes, into healthy, low calorie, vegetarian ones.
  • razors_girl23
    razors_girl23 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Taste.com.au
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    ivu.org/recipes has great meatless recipes from all over the world.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Apples and broccoli
  • marialleras
    Options
    Take 2 portabella mushrooms and slice them, 1 slice green pepper, 1 slice red onions, 2 slice of tomatoe, top with your favorite cheese I use reduce fat swiss cheese I put it on my George Forman grill, Enjoy :happy:
  • chiaraliketiara
    Options

Hi there! I added a recipe recently which is simple a <vegetarian> cajun spice mix with very little sodium you can use on chicken/ seafood either jambalaya-style (simmered with peppers, tomatoes) or coated as a "blackening" seasoning. Hope you like it. I've found it to be a lifesaver, especially when you're trying to cut sodium :-)

Good luck!
  • jayjayingram
    Options
    http://www.veggienumnum.com/ lame name but great site.
  • pleytem
    pleytem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump