Can't praise My Fitness Pal enough!

Options
I just want to take this oppurtunity to give many thanks to MyFitnessPal!

I have struggled for years and years, all through school, college and uni with my weight, and only now at 21 have I really lost any! And it's all down to this website and app. Since February I have lost 30 pounds, now at a very comfortable 10st 9lb. I've tried diets, but this website has really taught me you can kinda eat what you want, as long as you control yourself. I restrict myself on carbs alot, but myfitnesspal has shown me exactly what amounts is in each food.

It may have made me quite OCD about labels and the back of packets but if I sit back and take a look at my diet now, most things I eat now are purely fresh and nothing processed. Because I've been tracking food for quite a while now everything has become retty straight forward and eating the way I do has become second nature. Myfitnesspal is now just to check i'm not going over limits!

My confidence has grown loads and I'm much more happy with my own skin. So I'm way past my original target but I would like to get down to 10st. My BMI is 22, well into ideal which for me is amazing because i've always been classed as overweight! So I just thought I'd take this time to stress to people how amazing this website is, and maybe meet some new people to help me with that final push or maybe share sucess stories?

Grace :) x

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! So glad you found MFP too! It's such an amazing app/website/program! Keep up the great work you're doing and I'm sure you will see continued success! :) Awesome job!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the 30 pounds! It sounds like you have been doing excellent! :)
  • krystafox
    krystafox Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would also like to praise myfitnesspal. I have gone from 66.8 to 58.1kgs. Only the second time in my life I have been this weight. My initial goal of reaching 61kgs was so easy to achieve that I found myself well able to go beyond that. The concept is not new; less energy in than expended.

The fact that it is wrapped in such a simple, user-friendly tool with a vast array of foods in the database is what makes this app a true gem. I also like the fact that I can use exercise as a means to have an indulgence when I feel I need it.

Can you please add km's per hour and not just miles to the cardiovascular list?

I have been busy converting anyone who will listen....

thanks again, Krysta
  • grace_eliza
    grace_eliza Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh more love for myfitnesspal! I know exactly what you mean tho. Unless I'm counting when I was about 12... I have never been this weight, ever, in my life.

I mean I'm the one "who struggles with her weight" my family and friends would say. when it comes down to it, i just wasnt controlling what i ate. and myfitnesspal makes doing this like a walk in the park!

BRILLIANT!
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I am ecstatic for you!!! How exciting to have lost 37lbs!!! Congrats again to a new healthier you ^u^
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for sticking to it and reaching your goal!:flowerforyou:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You wont get an argument from me! :) I couldn't have gotten as far as I have without MFP.

Many congrats on your success!!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Yes awesome website and I thought so from the first minute I found it. I love that it not only teaches you to eat right but that exercise is important too.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Awesome well done on your loss Grace
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!