5'9" 155lbs - ANYBODY OUT THERE LIKE THAT?

Options
Hi, Just wondering if there's anyone else out there same size as me that's trying to get down to 140lbs??? Or even 135lbs. That would be A W E S O M E! So I feel fat as hell at 155lbs - do you feel the same? Do you feel your best ever at under 140lbs? I did when I was there 2 years ago. Did you get to your goal wait? What did you do to get there?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Barb

Replies

• abbylady
    abbylady Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Heya :)

I'm 5'7" and 160. I don't feel fat, I just feel thicker in some places. I'm trying to get down to 135-140. I've been that low before and it felt great. Just watching what I eat and getting proper exercise does the trick in a few months times. I'm hoping to be 145 by my birthday in February!

Good luck!
  • titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" (well just shy of) and 150. Goal of 130.

I think in some ways it's harder than if I were much bigger because there's always the excuse - I am a healthy, if not ideal weight. I can buy clothes off the rack, and my health is not at risk.

My appearance is the biggest motivator - I feel like I look middle aged because of my weight. Just some days I wake up and don't care as much, and I don't have the health factor, or the discomfort factor to push me out of indifference. :(
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9. and 150 was my goal.. and I've been maintaining that since January of this year.

I don't feel fat at this weight, and have toyed with getting down to 140... but I really am happy where I'm at.

I look good, I feel good, and thats all that really matters.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    5'9" and 152ish currently...
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Hi, Just wondering if there's anyone else out there same size as me that's trying to get down to 140lbs??? Or even 135lbs. That would be A W E S O M E! So I feel fat as hell at 155lbs - do you feel the same? Do you feel your best ever at under 140lbs? I did when I was there 2 years ago. Did you get to your goal wait? What did you do to get there?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Barb

I'm much shorter (5'4" or so...), but my current weight is 159 and I'm trying to get down to 135-ish. I feel huge at my current weight, even though no one belives I weight what I do/wear the pant size I do/etc. Everyone says "you carry it well", but I don't see that. :grumble:
  • Firefightergirl18
    Firefightergirl18 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different

My lowest was 155.4 at 5 9 it was a little to thin for me, we'll so I was told
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    that WAS me. I'm 5"8. I have a small frame so 160ish is a size 12 on me. I'm down to 133 ish now, size 2. totally normal...not gawky weird skinny.

here's how to figure out your frame size http://health.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Frame-Size-Wrist

I can totally see how 160 would look absolutely different on diff frame sizes.
  • raveycakes11
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and around 150. My goal weight is around 140 lbs. Honestly I feel good under 150, but feel that i look best in the lower 140s. I was there a couple years ago! Feel free to add me!
  • MizKittyB
    MizKittyB Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and the scale this morning said 154.4 -- I'm about 5 pounds above where I want to be, as far as numbers at my feet go. But I also really want to ramp up my muscle tone, now that I've shed most of the weight I was trying to lose, so I realize that the scale number and my measurements/how I look in the mirror will not necessarily jive, if that makes sense. I carry ALL my extra weight in the thighs; I still feel bigger there than I'd like, but I'm a size 8/10 in mid-priced brands and a size 4/6 on top. I think it's going to really depend on how you carry your weight; I've been told I was too thin at 143. (I probably was; the last time I managed to get below the 150 mark, it was through starving myself, not incorporating fitness into my daily routine).

In a perfect world, I'd like to reach 145 pounds / 23-24% body fat and maintain at that range.
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently at 174, but you are at my goal weight as you are. I aim for 155 or 150. All the tests and measurements I've had done say I would be at about 19% body fat at 150, so I'd be happy at 155 most likely. Though I won't know for sure until I get there, eh?

I'd love to see what else everyone says, cause I'd love to see pics.
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and about 160. I feel huge. I remember 145 and I felt big at that weight too. I also think I look big in pictures from 145#. My goal right now is 130-135. I think a lot of it has to do with your frame, where you carry your weight, etc. It also has to do with our own visual of what we think we should look like. I spent most of my teenage years "under-weight", so now just about any weight I am is "too big" in my mind. I also carry a lot of weight in my chest, so the heavier I am, the bigger the girls are. Then, I have to buy bigger tops that fit in the chest, but don't fit at the waist, which just makes me look even bigger. Sigh.....:sad:
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I feel great where I am. (148-150) I've actually gained weight within the last year, but lost body fat (currently 20%)

In my profile photos I have a before and after - SAME weight, LOWER body fat, SMALLER clothes! LIFT HEAVY OR GO HOME!!!!!! ;)

I hate the scale! Haven't stepped on it in a while, and I bet when I do in the morning - I'll be right around 148-150 lol
  • PrettyUgly18
    PrettyUgly18 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'9 and 154. i totally get what you mean, I compare myself to 'skinny girls', i just feel chunky. Between 140-135 is what i'd like to get down to, although the lower you get the harder it becomes to lose the weight.It just takes time. one day you'll wake up and notice the change and start to feel good about yourself just keep going and you'll get to what you want. :)
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'9 and 154. i totally get what you mean, I compare myself to 'skinny girls', i just feel chunky. Between 140-135 is what i'd like to get down to, although the lower you get the harder it becomes to lose the weight.It just takes time. one day you'll wake up and notice the change and start to feel good about yourself just keep going and you'll get to what you want. :)

I still feel chunky too >:| Worst feeling ever, to have come this far and still not be happy.
  • dxs096000
    Options
    I am 5' 7 1/2'' and 155. Know exactly how you feel! Hang in there! We can get skinny!!
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and 145. About a year ago I was down to 135, but I found that very difficult to maintain. I think my body just naturally wants to be in the 145-150 range. I'm focusing now on lifting heavy and I think that is working well for me. Even though I am 10 pounds heavier, my clothes size has not changed that much...still wearing size 6 and 8.
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is set to 150. I might change it to 145 depending on how I feel. Currently at 179, 29 lbs from goal. About a size 12. I would like to be back in an eight. I started at 251, so I feel a lot better at 179, but I am definitely not happy where I am at. I think 150 will be a good size for me.
  • jayhawkfan51
    jayhawkfan51 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Im almost 5'9" and currently at 152. My goal was 150 but since Im so close I have moved it to at least 145, maybe 140. Dont feel fat, just dont like what I see. Hoping the 10 more pounds or so will help. So yep I hear ya!
  • Jelaine56
    Jelaine56 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 7.5" and I weigh between 153 and 155 lbs.. I was 179 lbs in February, and was a tight size 14.. Now I can wear size 12, but I would like to weigh about 140 to 145 lbs.. Never give up!!!:happy:
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    I am 5ft 10 I weigh 161lbs. My goal is 145-150. I would love to be 140lbs but reality is I prob wont get there. So if I only lose 5 lbs but gain tons of confidence and feel strong I will take it.