Favorite Skinnytaste Recipes

Options
124»

Replies

• fox2star
    fox2star Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, how do you find the recipes to the meals you are talking about? They all sound so good!
  • merada01
    Options
    the baked chicken Parmesan is to die for. Like seriously delicious. I've made it several times and every time people can't believe its not bad for you.

I also love the Skinny broccoli mac and cheese. Totally tastes super cheesy and delicious!
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I haven't actually cooked anything from that site but it all looks very good. The one I got closest to cooking was the super simple steak/onions/peppers one I posted last week because it's so simple (then I derailed and made homemade meatballs because I felt like it).

I really suck at following recipes. I look at it, think it's a great deal, then go off on a "You're not the boss of me!!" tangent and make whatever tweaks I want to the recipe to make it my own.

Makes it hard to log for sure :P but it always comes out delicious.

Foolproof plan: Lean meat and some sort of veggies, roasted or sauteed... Super helpful, I am.
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Your reply made me smile! Super cute, it was. I'm just like that
    don't follow a recipe accurately for the life of me. OOps. Sorry for the double picture post.
  • Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all of the responses. I like the skinny pernil (puerto rican pork roast), the cuban quesadillas (with the leftover pernil), jalepeno popper stuffed chicken, fiesta lime rice, and the crockpot chicken taco chili. In that order. :)
  • Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Oh and the sausage and summer vegetables. Sooo good and filling. Thinking about making this (or the roasted sausage and peppers) for Christmas breakfast, but we've had it for dinner too.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • marissajeanne
    marissajeanne Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, how do you find the recipes to the meals you are talking about? They all sound so good!

Skinnytaste.com
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Bump :0
  • knitmom71
    knitmom71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just made the sweet potato shepherd's pie (yesterday's post). It was yummy! Even my kids loved it.
  • corimat17
    corimat17 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yum! Bump!
  • carfamily08
    Options
    The roasted chicken sausage with potatoes & peppers. It's a family favorite. I make it at least once every other week now. We're having tonight, actually!
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    broccoli mac and cheese, stuffed cabbage... pretty much anything on there is yummy.
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I love the mini turkey meatloaves (I add mushrooms), crab cakes with corn, minestrone (I add the mini turkey meatballs) and tuna noodle casserole. It's usually just me I'm cooking for so I have a foodsaver and freeze what I make in convenient portions and it works out really well.
  • Danam48
    Danam48 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Meatball and spaghetti soup.. add orange peppers... made me make all kinds of happy noises when I ate it. Used cheese tortellini instead of spaghetti...delish
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/03/meatball-and-spaghetti-soup-5-ww-pts.html
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Lasagna rolls. When I'm unsure of hat to make for dinner, I browse this site, I love it!