Why am I even trying :(

Options
I took my before pics today since I lost my other one from over a year ago, well I'm so grossed out by them that I feel like there is no happy ending, that it does not matter cause there is no way in hell I'm ever going to look right! First thing I think is wow Shelley GOOD LUCK cause ur going to need it! I was so excited about the process before I took the pics! I don't know what is wrong with me sorry to rant but I needed to get it out ! I hope I can change my out look :(

Replies

• ratsassy
    Options
    Hey. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You have lost 93 pounds!!!! That's not nothing, it's something! :) Of course there's a reason to keep doing this! Stick with it, and you'll be happy with who you are and what you have done!
  • Ofaatu
    Ofaatu Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    93 pounds is amazing!!! Do you have some old clothes from when you started or something? They help me when I'm having a bad day when I see how huge they are...
  • crazymomma1599
    Options
    I feel exactly the same... we can support each other if you like x
  • marsviolet
    marsviolet Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelley!! I couldn't bring myself to take before pictures until I was about 12kg down, and even then I had exactly the same reaction as you. I thought that my body was completely ruined so what was the point? Those thoughts still come up sometimes but I just kind of smother them out lol. I'm pretty close to goal now and things are nowhere near as bad as I thought they would be and are a hell of a lot better then when I started. You are NOT gross now, but you CAN get to a point where you are happier with your body and yourself. I am a big believer in happy endings. :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You'll do great if you stick with this website and learn as much as you can. Don't give up sweetie please! You'll be so happy you didn't later.
  • maricash
    maricash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as "looking right." You'll notice that there are women on this site who are 10 pounds underweight and don't think they "look right' or use words like gross to describe themselves. You aren't gross and I'm sorry that you think of yourself that way.

I know when you have a lot to lose it can get discouraging. When I was 110 pounds overweight, I thought, why bother, even if I lose 50 pounds, I'll still be 60 pounds overweight. Well, now I've lost 50 pounds and it was worth it, not because of how I look, but because of how I feel. And, because of the things my body can do now that it couldn't do before. Try to focus on all the wonderful things your body can do and try not to get too caught up in trying to meet some image of perfection that almost no one in this world can ever meet. You are beautiful as you are!
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I thought the same thing...now that the weight loss party of my journey is coming to an end I look back and it's amazing. Why even try? Because your worth it. That's why
  • RyanSolomon
    Options
    You are trying cos if anything you are healthier now, if thats your main focus the weight will follow, i love getting outdoors, walking, running, riding, climbing - getting in shape isnt for the way i look but more the way i feel, i challenge you to try find a happier person than me but i still have days where i cheat too much or i just feel like im doing too much but i allow my self to have that day but i wake up the next day and start fresh, motivated! you can do it!!
  • SandyMeid
    Options
    You CAN do it Shelley! Look at how far you've come. Using this site as support - you can do it! please think about what you are saying to yourself - try to be your biggest cheer leader - not biggest critic! Keep it up - you have come an amazingly long way! It doesnt happen over night.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    You are trying so you can be a positive, more happier you! You can do this!!
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Don't give up honey..You have done amazing.. Keep up the great work.. You will get there..
  • queensturg
    Options
    I don't think any of us were happy with our 'before' pics when we first started. But if you do everything right, eating the right foods, getting the right amout of calories, try to get as much exercise as you can, and just give it a little time, then just think how good it'll feel to see any pics of yourself that are taken after that!
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    excellent job so far-dont give up keep with it you can do this :bigsmile:
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    Please, just keep trying! you are an amazing person! don't stop believing!:heart:
  • MrMeowGi
    MrMeowGi Posts: 171
    Options
    Taking the picture is the best part!

I took my "Before" these before pictures are disgusting and horrible, they should to some degree evoke some disgust or dislike, BUT then remember, THIS is why you are changing your life, THIS is what you dislike about yourself and THIS is the reason why you are going to stick to your program so that one day you can look at these hideous 'Before pictures and laugh at them because you were able to overcome it.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Don't let them discourage you. Let them be a motivator to you. You just need to turn your thinking in an opposite direction. I used to be like that. If someone said a derogatory comment about my weight, I'd just go crawl into my hole and give up. I finally had enough and now if I hear a derogatory comment about my weight, or if I get to feeling like I just can't do it, I put on my fighting gloves. I'll be damned if I'm going to let a horrible picture of me, or a bad comment, or a bad eating day (or week) ruin my happiness and ruin my dreams for myself. You are worth fighting for hon, remember that, no matter how bleak it seems to you right now.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Think about it this way... if you looked the way you wanted to now it would just be a picture because you wouldn't have anything to change. This is your before picture, if you dedicate yourself to improving you'll end up with an after picture and you'll be able to compare the two and see how far you've come!

You're trying because you know you can do it.
  • SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is some powerful language, and it hurts me to think you feel that way about yourself. How would you feel if you heard a child say something like that? You would probably tell them they were wrong. I suggest you treat yourself with "kid gloves," and be as kind, conpassionate, and supportive to yourself as you probably are to others. You ARE worth it. You deserve good health happiness. Those negative tapes you play in your mind need to be taken out and replaced with some positive affirmations.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Use the fact that you dislike your before pictures SO much as motivation, you are never going to look that way again, you might have a long way to go but you have made amazing progress in changing your life.
    You're weight loss so far is really inspirational, DO NOT give up