Exercise addicts and people with fitness goals?

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm not new but I'd love friends who love sports or do alot of physical activity or have fitness based goals to help keep me motivated. It's really motivating to see people pushing themselves to do more, no matter what their fitness level. Add me and I'll do my bestest to be Mrs motivator back at you :)

Replies

• Smurfette1987
    Smurfette1987 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    oh and anyone who want to do a U.K tough mudder! :)
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    excellent! I would love more friends who work out as well. I work out on average, 4 hours a day/6 days a week. My average workout burns 3000+ calories. (Yes, I'm sure that's right. The numbers are high because my weight is still high. At 285 pounds I burn more calories than most people.)

I set very high fitness goals for myself!
    Last month I set out to do 75 hours of cardio. I did 82. This month I'm aiming for 85 hours.
    Last month I set out to do 200 miles. I did 201. Shooting for 250 in Nov.
    Last month I set out to burn 60,000 calories thru exercise. I burned 69,548. Want to burn 70,000 in Nov.

I plan to take at least 40 fitness classes this month. So far I've done 8. I have some math to do before I can tell you where I stand on the other goals.

Today I did my longest time on the stair machine that I've managed to yet to date! It's sooo hard for me. I started out only doing 5 mins. Today I did 40 mins!

Classes I take: R.I.P.P.E.D., HEAT, yoga, water aerobics
    Other exercises I do: c25k, elliptical, stationary cycling on bike or cross trainer, rowing machine, stair machine, strength training

Any questions, let me know. Nice to meet you. I'm Laura.
  • Smurfette1987
    Options
    Pleased to meet you and thanks for the add :) So jealous of that burn! I'm a little Smurf and barely burn a thing! Keeps me happy though.
  • pikanchi
    pikanchi Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm at a weight I'm fairly content with, although I'd like to lose a little more and get fitter. My main aim atm is train for a half-marathon, so I've just started a programme for that since coming back to running after a forced three/four weeks off due to an injury.

I'd never heard of Tough Mudder before, but after Googling it, it actually sounds pretty awesome!
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options

I want to do one of these in 2013 I am more fitness based than weight based but still find this site works well for my goals. WIll send you a request!
  • vickij2
    Options
    I run 5 to 6 days a week. I never run below 5 miles and most times it ranges from 6 to 8. I work out w/weights 3 days a week and do either Tae Bo Advanced or Kettle Work. I also mix it up cause I've got about 100 exercise DVDs.
  • adegroot
    adegroot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose that last stubborn 10-20 lbs that I gained while pregnant 6 years ago. I need to ramp up my exercise for sure since i am burning only an average of 150-500 calories a day. I am always hungry, and am trying to replace unhealthy food with healthy food. I have signed up for a 5k run on New Years Eve. My goal is to be able to do it in under 30 minutes.
  • Smurfette1987
    Options

I want to do one of these in 2013 I am more fitness based than weight based but still find this site works well for my goals. WIll send you a request!

Me too, I'm trying to make a team. My friends all seem to be polar opposites to me (opposites attract) and I can't seem to rope anyone in! I think it's really a team thing, so if you want to be on my team let me know!
  • Smurfette1987
    Options
    I am trying to lose that last stubborn 10-20 lbs that I gained while pregnant 6 years ago. I need to ramp up my exercise for sure since i am burning only an average of 150-500 calories a day. I am always hungry, and am trying to replace unhealthy food with healthy food. I have signed up for a 5k run on New Years Eve. My goal is to be able to do it in under 30 minutes.

I think 500 cals is quite good haha! That's generally what I burn on my usual 15 mile cycle (downhill there, uphill back) or an hour cardio at the gym. The machines say more but I go by HRM. I am a midget like I say though! :D
  • Beki_87
    Options

Me too, I'm trying to make a team. My friends all seem to be polar opposites to me (opposites attract) and I can't seem to rope anyone in! I think it's really a team thing, so if you want to be on my team let me know!

This sounds like fun! :)

I completed C25k a while ago, and am now training (slowly) for a 10k - looking to sign up to one in the Spring. It's great to have goals/things to aim for- it really spurs you on! :)

I usually try and run 3x a week, and then do a Body Pump class and Spinning class as well (sometimes that doesn't happen, lol)
  • vonham
    vonham Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hi im yvonne i would love to do uk tough murdder but i wouldnt last the pace i get out of breath to easy i am doing an hour of etercise most days, i hope to be able to do more one day
  • Smurfette1987
    Options
    hi im yvonne i would love to do uk tough murdder but i wouldnt last the pace i get out of breath to easy i am doing an hour of etercise most days, i hope to be able to do more one day

Hi yvonne :) You are doing what you can now and that's what counts. I'm not doing one until 2013 either :) p.s is that a Cavelier king Charles in your picture? I've grown up with them, soooo much energy, I he/she gives you plenty of exercise! Great dogs, a bit dizzy, but lovely x
  • kimbolay7
    kimbolay7 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've just googled tough mudder! I've never heard of it & now I really want to train and attempt to do one in 2013!
  • Smurfette1987
    Options

This sounds like fun! :)

I completed C25k a while ago, and am now training (slowly) for a 10k - looking to sign up to one in the Spring. It's great to have goals/things to aim for- it really spurs you on! :)

I usually try and run 3x a week, and then do a Body Pump class and Spinning class as well (sometimes that doesn't happen, lol)

Yay for spin! So much better with a mental instructor too. My first ever spin class was with a lady who was ABSOLUTELY INSANE... but you couldn't help but keep going and enjoy yourself too. No ones matched up to her yet.
  • Smurfette1987
    Options
    I've just googled tough mudder! I've never heard of it & now I really want to train and attempt to do one in 2013!

Yes, totally spreading the word. Looks like so much horrible painful, fun. Totally need a team MFP! Are you in the U.K?
  • olemissgal00als
    olemissgal00als Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am an avid exerciser. I run Half Marathons and Full Marathons training 4 days a week. 2 days during the week are shorter runs 3-5 miles, 1 day is a speed workout at track or treadmill and 1 weekend day is a long run ranging from 8 miles to 20+ miles. I have also done many other races, although I have not done a Tough Mudder. Many of my friends have done the US Tough Mudder series and have really enjoyed it. I also do Body Pump classes, Spin and Yoga.
  • kimbolay7
    kimbolay7 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am! I'm from the Midlands :) I would love to do the one in California or Australia, get a holiday out of it as well, ha! I might have to look into it and train for it, my cardio would be fine but I have the upper body strength of a banana! Looks well good!
  • Beki_87
    Options
    Yeah the mental spinning instructors are the best- just yelling and keeping you going! :)

There's this race near me next year:

http://www.spartanrace.com/cambridge-obstacle-racing-spartan-sprint-2013.html

Looks kinda crazy...but fun!
  • Smurfette1987
    Options
    Yeah the mental spinning instructors are the best- just yelling and keeping you going! :)

There's this race near me next year:

http://www.spartanrace.com/cambridge-obstacle-racing-spartan-sprint-2013.html

Looks kinda crazy...but fun!

Yeha that looks similar, I just want to climb things and play in mud and hope not to die in the process :)
  • Smurfette1987
    Options
    I am! I'm from the Midlands :) I would love to do the one in California or Australia, get a holiday out of it as well, ha! I might have to look into it and train for it, my cardio would be fine but I have the upper body strength of a banana! Looks well good!

haha good plan.