Looking for healthy snacks, please help!!

Options
Hi I'm looking for some new healthy snacks. I'm tired of eating the same thing each and every day. Would you all please share with me some of your snacking ideas? I would greatly appreciate it.

Replies

• lorigen
    Options
    Almonds are healthy and filling. About 12 of them per serving.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I tend to snack mostly on fruit, usually apples or bananas or raisins. I also do carrot sticks and hummus and nuts. If I am at home I like air popped popcorn every once in a while It is good for you, you can eat a lot for not very many calories, and ther are a lot of tasty seasoning options. I also like to cut a banana in half and put PB2 (or regular peanut butter) in the middle, stick it back together, and eat it!
  • lawandabradley
    lawandabradley Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys, I appreciate your help :smile:
  • Fitmiss07
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks is plain greek yogurt then I mix in my own toppings. I like to do apple and cinnamon, peanut butter, PB2, bananas, berries. The fruit adds good fiber while the greek yogurt is high protein and it keeps you full longer!
  • louloumelon
    Options
    I love to have berries as snacks...blackberries and raspberries...they are so tastey and you can eat a cup of them for 60 or 70 calories...I love baby carrots as well :)
  • Beth24793
    Beth24793 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I look for low calorie crisps and crackers, i eat snack 'a' jacks, 20 calorie crackers, low calorie healthy yoghurt drinks and go bars.

I'm a fussy eater so i try and find things that are health/low calorie food that i enjoy :)

Good luck finding something new and tasty :D
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Fruits ( apples, grapes, peaches, pears, bananas, strawberries..)
    Vegetables (red pepper, carrots, cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn..)

Nuts ( almonds, pistachio, peanuts, cashew, brazil..)

Raisins are delicious as well ;)
  • fox2star
    fox2star Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My favorite right now is about a third of a cup of plain no fat Greek Yogurt, mix in one half scoop of vanilla protein powder, some pumpkin pie or apple pie spice, and top with a few crushed walnuts,,,yum!
  • lawandabradley
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I haven't had any nuts in a while I will definitely have to get some. I also haven't had any greek yogurt in a while. I've forgotten about all of these things.
  • nefbaker
    Options
    Hummus and celery. :)
  • Beki_87
    Options
    1 apple cut into chunks, microwaved with cinnamon and topped with almond butter! nom :)
  • esbigpapa
    esbigpapa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt ( I use 3/4 cup) with a scoop of triple chocolate whey protein mixed in. It tastes like chocolate cake batter! 200 cals, 15 carbs, 2 fat, 32 protein.
  • lawandabradley
    Options
    1 apple cut into chunks, microwaved with cinnamon and topped with almond butter! nom :)

sounds soooo good!!
  • lawandabradley
    Options
    Greek yogurt ( I use 3/4 cup) with a scoop of triple chocolate whey protein mixed in. It tastes like chocolate cake batter! 200 cals, 15 carbs, 2 fat, 32 protein.

This sounds soooo good too!! Thank you!!
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I just had celery and peanut butter, yum!

This afternoons snack is an apple and walnut halves.

Karen
  • jabrussl
    jabrussl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I really like the Laughing Cow cheese wedges paired with apples, grapes, etc.
  • getitgirl11
    getitgirl11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Since I work the overnight shift as a Crime Scene Investigator, I rely on snacks a lot. I never know when I'm going to get a call and if i do, how long it is going to take! You have a lot of different options ( : I split them up into the main sections of your diet--protein, carbs, and healthy fats. Your body functions very well at a 40/40/20 ratio, meaining 40% carbs, 40% protein, and 20% fat. This allows the body to burn fat while gaining lean muscle and maintaining a fuller feeling and high energy level! ( :

Protein
    Beef/Turkey Jerky
    Protein bars (Pure Protein brand--I LOVE the Chocolate Peanut Butter ones)
    Shakeology (with Shaker-cup)
    Tuna (in easy-tear pouch)
    Greek Yogurt (stays fine almost all day with fridge)
    Whey protein drinks (with Shaker-cup)

Carbs
    Pita Chips
    Instant Oatmeal (if you can make water hot, you can poor it into the pouch)
    “Cliff” bars (they are organic but be careful about carbs)
    Whole wheat crackers (Full Circle or Annie's ares great organic brands)
    Oranges
    Bananas
    Apples
    Cherries
    Blueberries
    Raisins (careful about eating too much – they are high in fructose)
    Rice Cakes
    Granola* (careful about eating too much – it can be high in calories)
    *NOT Granola bars, just granola cereal, low in sugar

Healthy Fats
    Almonds
    Peanuts
    Cashews

I hope this gives you some ideas -- snack away! ( :
  • free8gent
    free8gent Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Fruits ( apples, grapes, peaches, pears, bananas, strawberries..)
    Vegetables (red pepper, carrots, cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn..)

Nuts ( almonds, pistachio, peanuts, cashew, brazil..)

Raisins are delicious as well ;)

These are my favourites! While I generally think fresh produce is best, I often bring raisins or dried apricots along with some nuts for a healthy and convenient snack.

Hard boiled eggs and healthy cereals are other favourites for on-the-go snacks.
  • lulabellarama
    lulabellarama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My current savoury faves are:
    A hardboiled egg, mashed with chopped tomato and a little mayo - about 130cals
    Mini oatcakes topped with cream cheese and smoked salmon - 4 for around 180cals
    Slices of mature cheddar with grapes or an apple

I think the combo of protein and a bit of fat keeps me fullest for longest.