Shaketology

Options
Does it work? Pros v. Cons? I have read that the shakes are hugely popular.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Hugely popular with people with too much money to spend and looking for a quick fix. Just learn to eat properly instead of trying to replace food with a shake. There's no magic to weight loss, eat less, do more. Replacing food with a shake doesn't teach you how to control your weight in the real world.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Does it work? Pros v. Cons? I have read that the shakes are hugely popular.

Pros: It's cheaper than a daily latte.
    Cons: Who buys a latte everyday anyway?
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    For me, I didn't lose any weight, but the "wellness" and energy while getting so many nutrients, so worth it. Lost my job. Had to quit. I've tried many diff shakes- nothing compares. Try it! They have a great 30day return policy! Good luck with the haters who've never even tried it!!!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Over priced and undervalued compared to real food.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If meal replacement shakes help keep you on track, then these are good. At about $4 a meal, they aren't too expensive.

Personally, I'd rather eat than drink a shake, but everyone is different. I know a few people who drink them regularly and are very healthy and fit. Of course, they also do Beachbody workouts, which are pretty intense, regularly as well as other workouts. Chances are they'd be healthy and fit doing the same thing and eating food.
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My coach sent me samples and I would rather lick the toliet....it tasted bad!!
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Awful!!!! Terrible!!! Learn to eat right!!!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Over priced and undervalued compared to real food.

Agreed. Doesn't produce "magic weight loss" and doesn't do anything that real food can't. You can get your nutriends & chew at the same time. Save your money
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Love it. Took some getting use to taste, I like to add half a banana with my chocolate. My breakfast every day for the last year + and helps keep me in line. I'll admit, I like it so much I DID recently become a coach, but it took me a year.

Yup - you can eat better and not need it, but there are more nutrients in there then I'd ever eat.

When you say "does it work"... if you're looking for a miracle of "I drank this and lost 100 pounds" then no. Its good nutrition for a meal. the rest is up to you with good foods and exercise.

only YOU can decide!
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I used too buy a frap every day from SB...
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Lost my job. Had to quit.

.. . what on earth does that have to do with the rest of your comment? What relevance does your lost job have to do with the shakes????
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options

.. . what on earth does that have to do with the rest of your comment? What relevance does your lost job have to do with the shakes????

I thknk she meant had to quit becasue she could not afford it...
  • penrbrown
    Options

... she had to quit because she couldn't afford her shakes?

I'm really lost now.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options

She had to quit, because she lost her job, and needed the money. Why are you so upset about it?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I'm really lost now.

It seems pretty obvious she was saying she had to quite drinking Shakeology because she lost her job and could no longer afford to buy the shakes.
  • Capegirl8013
    Capegirl8013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use them as a meal replacement. I count the calories (and the points, because I'm simultaneously using the Weight Watchers plan). I totally get that I could be eating real food for the same calorie/point cost, but this works for me in my daily schedule. It's very easy for me to make a shake first thing in the morning and then drink it as I drive to work etc.

Generally I mix it with one cup of coconut milk and some fruit. I use either the chocolate or the greenberry. Feel free to look at my diary to see how it fits into my day. The taste isn't for everyone, but I'm used to it now!

It's not a magic solution, it's not giving me super-weight loss faster than the speed of light, but I didn't expect it to. I initially tried it because I bought a challenge pack from Beach Body including TurboFire and it was included in it. I'm doing the workouts, using the shakes in place of breakfast most days and it's working for me in terms of getting my daily dose of vitamins and makes me feel good digestively and thus, I'm sticking with it for now. It does help me feel full until lunchtime, or at least late morning, then I have a small snack.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    *twitch*
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    pros: It wont kill you
    cons: expensive
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    *twitch*

*twitch*
  • penrbrown
    Options

I'm really lost now.

It seems pretty obvious she was saying she had to quite drinking Shakeology because she lost her job and could no longer afford to buy the shakes.

Clearly it's not obvious! I was reading this as:

I had to quit my job because I couldn't afford the shakes! HAHAHA! Which makes no sense at all.

Thanks for the clarification.