March SHRED group

Options

Replies

• lisam829
    lisam829 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Started Level 2 this morning. Zomg. I felt like I was going to die during the plank jacks. My shins are pretty sore, so tomorrow I will have to lower the impact when I jump. I will say that the strength exercises on this one are pretty fun, except the static squat with the vee raises.
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to join???? I did level 3 today and after working up such a great sweat I have decided to make Shred a part of my evening routine for the next 30 days. I plan to alternate between all 3 levels for the next 4 weeks.

Steph
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    It's late, but I'm going to give Level 2 a shot today. I hope it doesn't keep me up all night.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to join???? I did level 3 today and after working up such a great sweat I have decided to make Shred a part of my evening routine for the next 30 days. I plan to alternate between all 3 levels for the next 4 weeks.

Steph

Of course its not too late! Better late than never! Welcome!

As for me, I did L1D7 today and my left knee feels funny. Not sure, just...weird. I might take tomorrow off since I am running a 6k race on the 20th and I don't want an injury. I'll see how I feel tomorrow!

I totally wasn't up for the workout today but my hubby made me do it and I'm glad!
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    L2 D1 ! wow... didn't get through the last ab/plank move, those hurt my shoulder more. I'll try again tomorrow. But holy crud! That stuff is not fun!
  • questionablemethods
    Options
    Did level 2 last night for the first time. I'm glad I don't have shoulder problems because it was a very rough workout on them. I really like plank jacks though! Never done them before, but I'm pretty sure they will make it into my regular rotation. (I wonder if that is the wrong way to go about it. I suppose I should be working more on the moves that I DON'T like instead of the ones that I do.)
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    skipped on the shred last night cuz my knees weren't feeling it, and did turbo jam instead.
    I have completed level 1 day 7 and am deciding wether or not to start level 2 tonight or stick to level 1 until I reach day 10.
    any thoughts???

level 1 has gotten pretty easy except for the pushups and side lunges/lateral raises.

I wanna take measurements this weekend so I guess whichever gives me more results in the next 2 days wud be better for me.
  • lisam829
    lisam829 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    L2D2 down. It might just be me, but it seems like Level 2 goes by much faster than level one. I kept to all the low impact modifications and my shins feel better today. i love the walking out pushups, and the oblique twists send my heart rate sky high but i can really feel it in my sides. I think I just plain like Level 2 better than Level 1.
  • nolachick
    Options
    lisam you are making me want to jump to level 2. hmmm

either way level 1 day 8 is complete!

good night!
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    D3L2 done.

I do not like Level 2. I hope this 10 days go by quick! Today was better but still not great. But, at least I'm still doing it everyday without fail.

Good luck ladies & so excited to see everyone still checking in & working out.
  • kcandjoe
    kcandjoe Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi!
    I have been doing shred with you all, but have not chimmed in:) I decided to join--if I could. I am on Level 2 first day after doing level 1 for 10 days. Level 2 kicked my butt. I was sweating in the first 5 min. I really like reading your posts, because it feels like we are doing this together in one house.
    Karrie
  • kylielouttit
    Options
    Taking the day off...my left knee is feeling off and I run a 6k next Saturday. I don't want to injure myself!
  • SugarDiva
    Options
    I was really diligent with this (I usually take the weekend off from it and so something else) but I think I'm going to have to "phone it in" today.My shoulder's starting to feel a little better this morning, so I'm hoping that if I take it easy today and the weekend, I'll be able to go full-tilt with it again on Monday.I don't know what I did, but man, even jumping hurts :(
  • kylielouttit
    Options
    I was really diligent with this (I usually take the weekend off from it and so something else) but I think I'm going to have to "phone it in" today.My shoulder's starting to feel a little better this morning, so I'm hoping that if I take it easy today and the weekend, I'll be able to go full-tilt with it again on Monday.I don't know what I did, but man, even jumping hurts :(

Don't worry, we wont tell Jillian!
  • nolachick
    Options
    welcome Karrie.
    SugarDiva: listen to your body and let it rest as long as it needs to.

I'm still debating wether I shud move on to leve 2 yet as level 1 doesnt feel challenging anymore except for the side lunges/lateral raises and of course the pushups. I'm on L1D8 and I gotta say I measured myself quickly last night and haven't seen much progress so that is upsetting. But I won't let that get me down, perhaps when I am done with level 2 I will see more changes.
    I do feel like my upper body has slimmed down abit tho and I am starting to like what I see in the mirror!
    last night I tried on a pair of shorts I haven't been able to get up my thighs in two years so that will be so exciting if I can wear them this summer. This came up ok and zipped up ok but I still gotta work on my tummy and thighs. but hey that's progress to me!

have a great day ladies and plz give me suggestions on wether or not to move to level 2 yet or stick to level 1 until day 10.
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    bump
  • questionablemethods
    Options
    have a great day ladies and plz give me suggestions on wether or not to move to level 2 yet or stick to level 1 until day 10.

Personally, I moved on to level 2 after doing level 1 for one day and I plan on doing level 3 today. But this isn't my first foray into circuit training, either. I have been doing similar workouts for awhile and was just looking to add variety (and sometimes it is nice to just hit "play" instead of trying to come up with my own circuit workouts).

When you say the pushups are challenging, does that mean that you can do them but they are a struggle or you can only do a couple of them? I think they will (and should) always be a struggle. As you become stronger, you are just able to do more during the same time period--but the last few should always be a struggle.

I'm not sure if I'm making any sense, but I vote for moving on because it sounds like you are getting a bit bored with doing level 1 every day. Mix it up and keep it interesting and challenging! After all, you can go back to level 1 in a few weeks and I bet the pushups will have become even easier.
  • SugarDiva
    Options
    Don't worry, we wont tell Jillian!

:laugh: Thank you
  • nolachick
    Options

When you say the pushups are challenging, does that mean that you can do them but they are a struggle or you can only do a couple of them? I think they will (and should) always be a struggle. As you become stronger, you are just able to do more during the same time period--but the last few should always be a struggle.

well I can do women pushups pretty good but definately not a lot of regular ones. and you are right I think I will mix it up cuz I don't feel sore any more from level 1. I think my legs are pretty strong so the lunges and squats are a breeze.

leve 2 here I come!
  • ERnurse
    ERnurse Posts: 77
    Options
    Okay ladies - tomorrow will be D4L1 for me - I went and bought 2lb weights for the harder exercises and will keep trying to use my 5lb weights as much as possible - I ran/walked today doing the c25k and did pretty good - managed to all out run for several minutes on level 6.0mph :D