Why I work out...

Options

Replies

• sherimosier
    sherimosier Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started working out, because diet alone won't cut it when you want to lose weight and get healthy!! I continue to exercise because a good workout makes me feel great and I love the things my new body can do. :-)
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    70650287874241378_JI7CGJiV_c.jpg

Also to be a better surfer, rock climber, hiker... all the activities that I enjoy. And to be more functional... you never know when you might have to run a fair distance or pick up something heavy and I don't want to be limited by my lack of fitness.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    so I can eat more BACON \m/
  • Tamisha15
    Tamisha15 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I like the way it makes me feel the day AFTER. The sore muscles. The abundance of energy (I crash the day of a workout but the day after I feel energetic).

This is so true!!!!!
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I work out because I never regret working out.
    I work out to burn calories.
    I work out to shape my body the way I want it.
    I work out because I want to be smokin hot.

Also I'm vain as hell and give no schits about it.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Three reasons:

To look good
    To feel good
    So I can eat ALL the food!!!!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Because the apocalypse is coming ...

:smokin:
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    So I don't have to drink light beer. *shudders*
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    To push myself
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I love being able to lift and.or move heavy things myself without help. i had stopped lifting weights and i forgot how much i loved it! i also lift to get stronger and be able to do better push ups. nothing like a few correct pushups
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Because I am battling some seriously bad genetics when it comes to health, so I figure I have to do all I can to stay healthy.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I like the way I feel after a good work out. I work out early in the morning and it makes may day.

same for me...and if I work out after work, it makes a crappy day ok
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Because running is the reason I still have my sanity. All the negative energy goes away while I'm running...and the more pissed off I am, the faster and harder I run. Works (almost) every time! Besides, no one wants to be around me when I am unable to run.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Share why you work out....

For me: I want to be self sufficient. I want to be able to install and remove the air conditioners without waiting for anyone else. And I really don't want a repeat of yesterday when the pin that I needed to pull on the bench at the gym to adjust the bench was stuck and I had to ask a guy to pull it for me.

1. I have a mentally ill son. He's 17, 5'4" and 130lbs. When he wiggs out, I HAVE to be able to dominate and restrain him.

2. exercise releases endorphins, endorphins make you happy...

3. I want to look good in my clothes...I want to look good without my clothes.

4. I want to be a bad *kitten* and be able to effortlessly throw around 50lb bags of chicken feed and swing a sledge hammer when I need to.
  • ukulele2010
    ukulele2010 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I want to look good naked - and be fit. I find it helpful to have some goals - triathlons, running, cycling, strength, etc. to keep me motivated.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    To prove to myself and to others that I can get healthier, and despite the fact I'm over 300 lbs, I'm NOT one of those people who need Richard Simmons, or gastric bypass, or anything drastic.

To test my limits - before I started hitting the gym earlier this year, I knew I was strong, but I didn't know exactly HOW strong. Working out lets me find out where I stand and how I can improve.

Looking good is not an issue - working out can't fix my face :P
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    At first it was to prove I could do it- sooo many people doubted that I would stick to going to the gym I have proved them wrong - six months and 31lb later >3

Now I find it relaxing, in an odd way and very social. I can get all my aggression and angsty feelings out whilst doing my cardio and think things over during weights. Now I'm a regular, six months of continued attendance, I talk to those who are there the same time I am and we do have a giggle in the changing rooms!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Number one reason - health. I do not believe it is possible to stay healthy as I age without regular exercise (I'm 51)

Number two reason - vanity. I like to look good and my husband is several years younger.

Number three reason - I like to brag about what I can do. Not to strangers, I'm not one of those people, just to friends/family that also work out and understand. And MFP or FB friends.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    1) To look good
    2) To feel strong
    3) To know that I can rely on my body. If I want to pick something up, kick someone's *kitten*, pull off a handspring, I want to know my body will be there for me, ready to do whatever I need.
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Because I feel better when I'm active.

... and because lifting heavy weights makes me feel bad *kitten* :)

^^^THIS^^