Looking for friends losing 50+ lbs!

Options

Replies

• bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I think we should at least let everyone know how each one of us is doing once a week. it's good to hear good news from people who are in the same place as you, definitely motivates you.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I think we should at least let everyone know how each one of us is doing once a week. it's good to hear good news from people who are in the same place as you, definitely motivates you.

Sounds good, pick a day!

I have 58 lbs to go! I've lost 50 in the past (now 52!).
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Hey how's everyone doing this weekend??

I weigh in on Sundays. Last Sunday I was down a pound, am hoping to see the same this Sunday. Seems so slow going... but as long as it keeps going, ya know?

I gave up my coffee sugar habit this week, which was a terrible addiction I've had forever. It was rough, but I figure it has to help.
    I was very tired, so I went a little easier on myself with the exercise this week, I just didn't have the energy.

And I hope, that since I now have a little less than 50 to lose, I am still part of this great group? If so, I propose we weigh in together on Sundays if that works for everyone. Once we do, and get a little organization here we can do weekly challenges.

Some of you are really doing really fantastic, keep it up, and share your tips!

579852.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Hey Jane, I'm fine with weigh-ins on Sunday. (I weigh-in everyday anyway, and get a weekly average, since there are so many factors to weight gain and loss.)

Great job giving up coffee sugar!! Do you mean you gave up coffee altogether? I'm so glad I never started drinking coffee. I'm a morning person, and I really don't find the need for it. I hope you get your energy back (maybe it will ironically come from your workouts that you don't have energy for).
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Hey Jane, I'm fine with weigh-ins on Sunday. (I weigh-in everyday anyway, and get a weekly average, since there are so many factors to weight gain and loss.)

Great job giving up coffee sugar!! Do you mean you gave up coffee altogether? I'm so glad I never started drinking coffee. I'm a morning person, and I really don't find the need for it. I hope you get your energy back (maybe it will ironically come from your workouts that you don't have energy for).

Yes steph, gave up the coffee totally. I have never been successful in just cutting back or weaning off, so I had to do it the cold turkey way. It was a very rough week. Still , now at week 2 I will still be struggling. The worst is over, but this is where I generally screw up, tell myself it is ok to have one, and before you know it I am back to the habit.

I am not a morning person, and I do my workouts in the evenings. I can barely get out of bed in time to make it to work on time. I am struggling now to get up a little earlier just so I can make a decent breakfast.

Hoping the scale shows a little movement today. Cutting all that sugar out of my diet has to have helped! Another pound down would be great.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday. I will be checking in later!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    The worst is over, but this is where I generally screw up, tell myself it is ok to have one, and before you know it I am back to the habit.

No, Jane, no! :noway: You can NOT fall back into the habit! Not this time! :wink: I'll be checking in. :D
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    The worst is over, but this is where I generally screw up, tell myself it is ok to have one, and before you know it I am back to the habit.

No, Jane, no! :noway: You can NOT fall back into the habit! Not this time! :wink: I'll be checking in. :D

Thanks for keepin' an eye on me Steph. I passed right by Starbucks at the grocery store today without stopping. That is a first!

I am nervous as I am about to do my weekly weigh in, and then a workout. I sure hope cutting all that sugar out of my diet has made a difference.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Congrats on passing Starbucks!! Now you can spend that money on something that will go to much better use! I'm sure that cutting sugar will definitely pay off now (whether it shows on the scale or not) AND in the long run. :-)
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Ah, I am relieved, the scale again showed some downward motion. Almost two pounds this week! This all might actually be working. Awesome. thanks to everyone here for the support and motivation !
  • bjs06
    Options

Sounds good, pick a day!

I have 58 lbs to go! I've lost 50 in the past (now 52!).

Wow, congrats on losing so much weight, good luck with the rest of your journey.

It seems like most people weigh in on sundays/mondays so maybe around then everyone who wants to can just check in and see how each other is doing. if you have friends who have posted or are simply in the same boat, let them know about this group! i'm not weighing in tomorrow, i've been doing good but having a tough battle with the scale. going to switch up some dietary stuff this week (taking out sugar completely for the first time ever) and i will check in next week and let ya'll know how it went!

can't wait to hear how everyone is doing.
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    If you are still lookin for some more support add me!
  • bjs06
    Options
    wow, we kinda died out didnt we! maybe i can save it.. maybe not aha.

i had a bad wkd last wkd and gained a few lbs, but back on track and have almost lost it back. how is everyone else doing??
  • bjs06
    Options
    wow, we kinda died out didnt we! maybe i can save it.. maybe not aha.

i had a bad wkd last wkd and gained a few lbs, but back on track and have almost lost it back. how is everyone else doing??
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    i still have 50 more to go!! :)
  • WendyTricia
    WendyTricia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I have 66 pounds to lose so I definitely need the comraderie!!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me!!

always love giving support and reciving support

I need to loose ablut 60 pounds or so to be happy!:blushing:
  • jessangel
    jessangel Posts: 34
    Options
    I have 60lbs to lose I would love to be added as a friend and would love to have the extra support and willing to give you all some extra support as well!
  • lisadenyer87
    Options
    hi feel free to add me i'm looking to lose 59lbs. good luck all we can do it :)
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    :smile: Would love to be added to your post. I have a long way to go, and I would love the motivation. It's a long journey, but it's worth the trip. Never giving up and never looking back.
  • WendyTricia
    WendyTricia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well, tomorrow is Sunday, and that means WEIGH-IN!! I have drank only water this week!! NO PEPSI!! I drank that every single day, several times a day and I felt like I would never be able to say "NO!" Well, I said "NO!" over and over and over again, every time I had soda as an option. I would instead reach for the water and after drinking it would feel so good!! Tomorrow is the end of week one of this journey with MFP and I'm excited.