Plateaued, and need more protein for vegetarians.

It has been three months and I have not gained or lost any weight. I'm frustrated. Should I keep going? Has anyone ever had a horrid week where they have overeaten nearly every day? I feel terrible.

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Well d-d-d-dj what is your workout routine?

Why dont you lift, 5x5 training, go heavy, get stronger, and make your own food. Buy lean meat, overeat on veggies and lean meats, nuts, drink water, keep it simple. Dont stress and make it fun, or you will end up back or even worse off then you are now
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 638 Member
    Can you make your diary public? Do you reach your daily goal in protein?
  • bfcano
    bfcano Posts: 19
    Not sure if you asking for advice about protein or what.
    In case you are I would suggest tofu, tempeh, hummus or chickpeas, any kind of beans, nut butters like almond.
    And depending on your type of vegetarianism you may include eggs which are super high in protein.

As far as plateauing, you may not be getting enough protein and working out alot which is combating your weight loss efforts.
    When you work out harder its even more important to eat protein to rebuild and repair your body.
    That's how you get stronger & retain more muscle which burns more calories.

Hope that helps.
  • maerieanne
    maerieanne Posts: 42 Member
    As for protein sources, I'm a vegan, I basically use legumes, grains, edamame, nuts, soy, tofu, hummus, soy protein powder and some meat alternatives (soy patties, sausages, etc.)

If you are vegetarian I guess you could add to that dairy and eggs.
  • DJRamone
    DJRamone Posts: 4 Member
    I was told by my nutritionist to get my protein to 20%, my fats up to 30%, and my carbohydrates at 50%. Unfortunately, I average my proteins anywhere from 9% to 14%. I'm well overweight, and was told by my doctor for other health issues that she wants me to just walk at a brisk pace for 30 minutes a day. I do eat many of the suggestions that were given here. I love tofu, hummus, chia seeds in oatmeal, lots of lentils, quinoa, etc., just don't know how much I can change and improve protein intake.