HELP... with the exercise tracking for P90X.

Options
Now I've typed the names of the p90x exercises into the search but nothing comes up. Anyone know of a way I can accurately track the special moves in the program?

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor and log my calorie burn to MFP, but I don't log the sets here.

If you have an iPhone, P90X has a great app for $5 where you can track each workout. Another easy way is to just print out the worksheets and log things the "old fashioned way".

http://www.beachbody.com/text/products/programs/p90x/P90X_Worksheets.pdf
  • TheFunkyFish
    Options
    I don't have a heart rate monitor :( Can't afford the expensive ones and bad reviews on the cheap ones about malfunction and poor results.

Don't have an iPhone but I do use the worksheets.

i just wanted a way to track everything on here so I can see exactly the amount of carbs I've burnt etc.
  • chilly1979
    chilly1979 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just enter it as a cardio workout, or get a heart rate monitor. It will just be an estimate anyways. It would be way too much trouble to enter all that stuff in every day. Heart rate monitor is really a great idea.

As for logging you should print out the sheets and log everything you do. “How do you know what to do if you don’t know what you did” LOL haven’t done that program in over a year and that is still in my head. At some point you will want to hit mute.
    Logging the weight and reps will help you be sure you know what you need to do. If not you might end up taking it easy and not know it because you are tired. If you did 25 wide arm pushups in the second round last time then you know you have to at least get that much this time. It helps to keep you on your toes. And logging what you do is important in any weightlifting program.
  • TheFunkyFish
    Options
    I'm on my second p90x. Lost 100 pounds after I graduated from the first time but i did not take any before pictures (BLEGH) :D. I know what you mean about the mute but ever since the second month of the first 90 days I just started to blare my music instead of listening to it... REMEMBER TO BREATH. Yeah yeah Tony, I got it already geez.

As for marking it as cardio would I just put 90 minutes of cardio if I did the legs & back + ab ripper x.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    You're probably safe logging it as cardio.

I'm 5'4", female, and weigh 132 pounds. Today doing Legs and Back and Ab Ripper I burned 600 calories according to my HRM (Polar FT4). On some other workout I have burned as much as 735.

I would highly recommend saving up for a HRM. I ordered a new Polar FT4 (gave my brown one to my husband, I wanted pink :blushing: ) today from Amazon for $64. There are good deals out there.