I just ate some fries

Options

Replies

• milleyea
    milleyea Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    1 fry = .025 pound weight gain; "some fries" = about 24 fries, and i'm guessing it took about 15 minutes to eat them at a speed of about 1.6 fries a minute and burned 87.5 calories per 1 fry from chewing, swallowing and digestion; 3500 calories equals 1 pound so (24 X .025) - ((87.5 * 24)/3500) = 0 pounds gained.

I hope this helps! :tongue:
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. So you had fries, no biggie.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    If you ate 3500 calories of french fries in addition to your regular foods, I would guess a pound. LOL
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    1 fry = .025 pound weight gain; "some fries" = about 24 fries, and i'm guessing it took about 15 minutes to eat them at a speed of about 1.6 fries a minute and burned 87.5 calories per 1 fry from chewing, swallowing and digestion; 3500 calories equals 1 pound so (24 X .025) - ((87.5 * 24)/3500) = 0 pounds gained.

wow are you free to balance my fiances this weekend
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Have a diet drink then that will offset the calories in the fries :D
  • NightWindEclipse
    Options
    Joking or not... these posts make me feel guilty about the fact that I was going to have some homemade low-fat fries tomorrow ._.
  • goldenaurea
    Options
    Strange responses smh. You ate some fries fine, I don't see you putting on "400lbs" or even two lbs once you get a good work out tonight, work out tomorrow and try your best to eat clean. All the best!
  • youknome
    Options
    If this is a serious thread then don't beat yourself up about it. You had some fries, it's good to indulge once in a while, keep going.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Don't know how much you'll gain...but I'd say your fry binge caused you to lose some brain cells. AH-DURRR!
  • Ke11yJo
    Ke11yJo Posts: 141
    Options

:noway:
  • milleyea
    milleyea Posts: 95 Member
    Options

wow are you free to balance my fiances this weekend

LOL! I :heart: MATH!!!! I'm such a nerd! :blushing:

EDIT: Although I seriously doubt this qualifies as math.
  • jsbodhi
    Options
    Just do some exercise and try to balance it out
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I loved this thread, soooo happy.
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    you better go poop immediatly!!

But make sure you weigh yourself before and after you poop. If you lost weight on the toilet, then you know you caught it just in time.
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you think I'll gain from this?

1.84lbs
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options

^^^ Is the answer to the ultimate question ^^^ :happy:

Seriously though: It will be okay. I eat out at Arby's once a week for breakfast (about 1500 cals) and it only takes a day or two to get right back on track again... so no worries. You've Got This. Get out there and get ACTIVE... you will burn off those fries in no time flat.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    FACT: fries are horrible for you and you shouldnt eat them UNLESS its your cheat day which you should have once a week.(conservatively)

FACT: Fries are not horrible for you and can be consumed whenever you want... This is lifestyle change, not a diet that you cheat on. You eat fries at one meal, and eat healthy the rest of the day, they won't really do much to you.

To OP:
    I don't know, but I hope the fries were good!
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Strange responses smh. You ate some fries fine, I don't see you putting on "400lbs" or even two lbs once you get a good work out tonight, work out tomorrow and try your best to eat clean. All the best!

It's called having a sense of humour? Strange concept possibly but it features quite heavily on certain threads. Best to get familiar with it now ;-)
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    So far today I've had about 15 mini Halloween chocolate bars, 5 or 6 mini candy bags, a couple of suckers and a double serving of honey nut cheerios......now, I've got problems! Lmao!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Every pound you've ever lost. You may as well quit MFP now... *sigh*

Ok, I'll just leave quietly....