So tired of starting over

Options
Whats wrong with me...this week has been just hectic everyday I wake up I say I wont cheat today..and at the end of the day I'm beating myself up..since Monday I just been eating like I don't care...I'm 339lbs..I have gained 4lbs in a week and I'm just so angry. I am a stress eater I always have been and I just really need some help..my goal weight is 160 but my mini goal is to lose 10lbs first and celebrate that and then set another one. I just don't know i have 180lbs to lose that seems impossible but I'm so tired of being fat..need to be encouraged..this week has been rough..

Replies

• jcforever7
    Options
    I will be your friend, Girl don't get discouraged. As I am learning but don't always take my own advice is each day is new. You can beat your self up. You need to move on. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with me...this week has been just hectic everyday I wake up I say I wont cheat today..and at the end of the day I'm beating myself up..since Monday I just been eating like I don't care...I'm 339lbs..I have gained 4lbs in a week and I'm just so angry. I am a stress eater I always have been and I just really need some help..my goal weight is 160 but my mini goal is to lose 10lbs first and celebrate that and then set another one. I just don't know i have 180lbs to lose that seems impossible but I'm so tired of being fat..need to be encouraged..this week has been rough..

embrace it as a change in lifestyle and not a short term diet and then there is no such thing as "cheating". just try to be on your calorie target more days than not, and try to keep your weekly and monthly totals on track, and then you have no reason to feel guilt or shame if you eat over your calories some days.
  • fiesta73
    fiesta73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You Should never give up.When you fall down you get back up and start all over.If you beat your self up you really will stay down.It's hard ,but keep on trying
  • deadlights
    Options
    Hang in there. It WILL get better.
  • melissaann262
    Options
    weight loss and fitness are a slow process! we see so many ads for quick fixes, and see the fast results on biggest loser but in real life it is much slower... it can be hard to stay motivated when change is not immediately visible but you must BELIEVE that what you are doing is helping to achieve your goals. You can do this!
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you, but I've been failing miserably because of stress and pain. Food is my comfort. I'll be glad to "friend" you and maybe we can work through it together.
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    add me as your friend. We will walk through this journey! You have to get control of your stress eating. I know it's easier said than done...but that's important to have a gameplan when stress comes around again!
  • LoriA6724
    LoriA6724 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Mini goals are great to have! You need to just concentrate on your first one for now. I also think having MFP friends is a HUGE help! Try to make as many as you can. Find ones who will help motivate you. When I first started MFP, I did it on my own. I can't imagine that now. Also, make sure your diary is open. It has really helped me since I opened mine. I receive great tips. I also know everyone can read it and that keeps me from eating things I shouldn't. I also know that when I have a bad day and I go over on my calories, my friends will point out what I did right. We all have days (and weeks) that we don't do so well.

Please feel free to add me if you like. I hope next week is better for you. :)
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options

embrace it as a change in lifestyle and not a short term diet and then there is no such thing as "cheating". just try to be on your calorie target more days than not, and try to keep your weekly and monthly totals on track, and then you have no reason to feel guilt or shame if you eat over your calories some days.

+1
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Try to be kind to yourself in a a non-food way and say positive things to yourself. Small things make a big difference. I have those weeks where nothing goes right and seems like life throws lots of curve balls but hang in there -- you can do it!!! You are already on the right track!
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I have done so well for the last year, but this week I have been on a pity party, poor pity me. As I am an emotional eater, I haven't eaten well all week. Yesterday I was going through some pictures and found this quote. "Don't let on bad day (week) kill your confidence and progress". I am going to post this all over so that I don't forget. I have to remember how much happier I am now than I was before. I refuse to go back to being that unhappy person. I am going to get over myself and continue on my journey. Feel free to add me as a friend if you need any extra support. WE can do this.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Food doesn't really make you feel better...it ends up making you feel worse. Think back to when you started....all the reasons you decided to lose weight. Write them down...put them on your bathroom mirror...your refrigerator. Anywhere you need to see them.

Ten pound mini goals are very realistic. And the more you weigh, the faster your weight comes off for awhile. But its ultimately up to you. No one can stop you from putting food in your mouth. You have to want it more than anything.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You can do this.

I know that exercising really helps with my stress level and kills my appatite. Maybe it will work for you.

Hang in there.
  • bakenatj
    Options
    I personally think that it just clicks one day and you just do it. I have done the yo-yo thing many times. Do good for couple weeks then fall off the wagon. Hate myself then go back to being old self. We were on a family vacation and we were walking by some shops and I saw a reflection of myself in the window and it clicked! I'm done looking like this! The day we got home I started. I have been doing MFP religiously since October 1st and have lost 20 lbs! I'm only about half way there but it's been easy. I get up and run every day and eating right has been easy too. Don't know what makes the CLICK go off in a person but I am glad it happened.

Stay positive and just go for it. You will have a hard day here and there but you can do it. You have a lot of people here for support so come here when you need it. Go get it Girl!
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I am also a food-addict/comfort eater. I am really with you lately. I'm constantly struggling, overeating and then beating myself up and feeling frustrated! The best thing I know (and I'm talking to myself as much as you here) just think of it like other addictions do: ONE DAY AT A TIME. Or even one minute at a time if you have to. Whatever that food is (for me it's pizza or candy)..."I won't eat that food for this minute/hour/day/etc!!!!!" We can do this. Hang in there and neither one of us should give up.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options

it sucks, and I feel your pain. I started out here 10 months ago at 228lbs--my highest weight ever, even higher than when I delivered any of my kids!

Try making little changes first--walk a little extra, drink one less pop, or one extra glass of water. Once you are used to that, then add another good habit.

when you feel munchy, and you KNOW it is a stress reaction, try doing something active instead. Or if you really just HAVE to eat, maybe it can be something that is not as bad for you--like carrots, popcorn, etc ( I have heard that crunching is calming)

I can be an emotional eater too. I swear I packed on 50lbs in about 5 years by self medicating my stress and depression--and my 'drugs' of choice are made by hershey and nestle. Now I try to get a solid 2 hours of cardio a week ( 30 minutes 4x a week) to work off some of the stress.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Since your diary is closed, I don't know how much you are limiting your calories each day, but if you have a really low calorie allowance for the day, you could be setting yourself up for failure. It might be better to plan for a slower loss and eat more calories each day. Then you won't feel the need to "cheat" because you won't be starving all the time. You'll still lose weight, but not as fast and it will be more likely to stay off for good.
  • 1gotthis
    1gotthis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started this in March and then again in Aug...and I just restarted 2 days ago....I am glad you shared your story..I thought I was the only one who tries hard, but seems to fail:( don't give up...
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with you. You are a capable person worthy of a healthy existence.

Try not to look at it as starting over again. Everyday we start over. Each day, each meal and snack we make a choice. Sometimes we choose better than others. This is a lifelong decision and I know you know that!

Log your food and break up your ultimate weightloss goal into mini 1s. Don't think about 180 lbs, just don't. Think about beating the 300s, then 250, etc.

You CAN do this :))
  • drakechic08
    drakechic08 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Maybe you start with a focus on something other than food. Set a goal of working out so many days or for so many minutes. Hit that goal and then set another mini goal. Food wise, start small. Focus on making better choices at a certain meal. After you have done this successfully for a week or two, go on to conquer a second meal and so on. Its all about making small changes that will build upon each other. Even just focus on drinking enough water. It will start to become natural and the weight will start to come off. I would also recommend focusing on measurements instead of weight, because you might not see weight changes but you might see inches change and you will want to see any progress you make so you dont get discouraged. This is a lifelong committment, not just a temporary one. We all have bad days, weeks and even months, but it is about pushing through them and not beating ourselves up. You will succeed. Just keep a positive attitude and everything else will follow.