Ladies 5' 9" - What's your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Recently my mom told me that when she was growing up, you could estimate a healthy weight like this:

For every inch over 5 feet, add five pounds to 100. so, 5'1" = 105, 5'2" = 110 and so on.
  • sed1217
    sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My goal right now is under 170, but I'd be comfortable under 180 (that's what my doctor told me to aim for). I've been as low as 135 in college, though, and more recently I was around 150. I'd love to get back into the 140s, but I'm a lil' older now!
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and at the moment I am 71kg (156lbs), I have my goal set to about 68kg (150lbs) but I'm not really worrying about the scale all that much other than to make sure my eating is right. I have a small - medium frame and I'm what most would call a pear shape (lovely hips, no boobs), yet my shoulders say I am an hourglass.

Weight looks differently on people the same height depending on their frame size and type, body composition etc. I have a lot more lean body mass than I used to, last time I was fitting into the size I am now, aus size 10 - 12, I was 62kg (136lb).
  • JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and almost 41. My goal weight is 190. My BMI says 165 but with all that said my starting weight was 420. So anything is going to be better than that. And I have no idea what I will look like at 190. Who knows I may change it when I get there.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and happy with my current weight of 125.
  • gschnitzler
    gschnitzler Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and set my goal at 160. Started this journey at 210, and am just a fraction of a pound away from hitting the "halfway there" mark!
  • moonpieto
    moonpieto Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and plan to go to at least 145 because I have a 5.5" inch wrist and my normal weight is maybe 140 lbs.
  • moonpieto
    moonpieto Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My recommended body fat percentage goes as low as 23% and I am at 31% now.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and I'm aiming to stay under 150. Right now I'm 147.

This...except I'm about 25 lbs from that, lol. It also may be too low for me. Will try for 155 and see how it goes from there.
  • dparker725
    Options
    i'm actually 5'10" but we are close there--my goal weight is 172 lbs. with my health insurance that is the medium for what the "charts" think i should be at, and when i was that weight 10 years ago, i felt great! good luck to you
  • Kaydoggie
    Kaydoggie Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", my first goal is 170, and then I will see how I feel when I hit that!!
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    5'9" and want to be in the 150s. At that point it will be about lowering body fat % more than pounds.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9"...trying to get back to 125. My whole family is naturally thin, and we tend to shrink pretty quickly if we don't eat enough even for a short period of time. Within a couple months of eating only about a net of 1600 a day, I accidentally slipped to 105. It's been about 6 months and I'm netting around 2200 or so, only managed to put on 3 pounds. So.... I guess we'll see what my goal weight is in about 30 years when I get there!
  • saucyred416
    Options
    i'm 5'9" cw 175 i was a size3/4 at 150lbs and at 164 i was a 5/6 and felt great looked great. any lower and its to thin. i think each persons body frame makes a big difference some people 5'9" can be low 100's others high and all still look good! go for what your happy with!
  • chosh
    chosh Posts: 6
    Options
    I totally do the small goals as well! I even get presents when I hit them, like Pedicures, highlights, new shirt etc.
  • vikdexkaykai
    vikdexkaykai Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm 5'8 and my goal is 160 ish. But seeing as I'm still at 214 lbs, I'll have to see what I look like, closer to that goal. I also would like to keep my shape and not be stick thin. I like my curves and want to continue to look like a woman with a bootay! lol :tongue:
  • fishbaitkait
    fishbaitkait Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 141 and would love to get back down to 133 lbs.. :)
  • gollyitsmolly
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and like to stay in the 128-135 range. I have a smaller frame, for reference!
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I hope you are considering you bone structure when choosing your goal weight! I am 5'8 and my goal is 165. I may reevaluate that when I get there and choose to lose a few more pounds.
  • pasimmons16
    pasimmons16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" and my goal is 155. I use to weigh 135 but that was in my younger years and I was a bit thin.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!