HELPFUL TIP FOR THE DAY

Options
13»

Replies

• cprough
    Options
    Thank you for being supporive and kind. :happy: I try to support everyone. When you are trying to loose weight, you need all of the support that you need. I like hearing ideas from others that might help.
  • cprough
    Options
    GOOD TIPS! THANKS
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    I throw the the rest of my plate away. (I am not good at saving it for later. I have to make it disappear).
    622.gif
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I usually try and eat my dinner on a salad plate. I can fill my plate up and not feel like I'm not getting enough to eat. I'm not a big leftovers fan, but my husband is, so he always takes what we had for dinner to work the next day for lunch. It is harder to gauge portion sizes at restaurants. I also ask for a to-go box before I get my meal so that I can put half in the box and not be tempted to pick at it while waiting on the bill.

Does anyone struggle with eating more while with friends? When my husband and I go out to dinner I usually don't have a problem but when I'm having lunch or dinner with my girlfriends and we get to talking, I don't even realize how much I'm eating. That's something I need to work on.

When I am done, I put my napkin over the unfinished food if I'm not able to take leftovers with me. It keeps me from mindlessly eating while talking, waiting on others or the bill.

I wish I could split with my SO. I've mentioned it to him before but he doesn't want to split anything, not even dessert! It can be frustrating because sometimes I want dessert but not a huge portion. My parents split meals and/or desserts when out. Maybe when I have kids I'll be able to share food/meals with them.
  • mcrower
    mcrower Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Tip for today & rest of your life: Eat plant strong & exercise.
  • hellzak
    hellzak Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am new to the MFP groups.

I am learning about portion control, and learning to visualize smaller portions. Learning also to cook much more healthier. I have th luxury of some of the best food farmers markets in the Atlanta area, and love finding new foods or at least new ways to make the same foods I used to eat in a healthier way.

My question here is about drinking water before eating a meal. I feel it helps to get me full before I sit down to eat. Since my water intake has increased susbtantially with the start of my new, doctor monitored diet (Diabetes, 1800cals a day). I believe it works for me. Does drinking water before a meal to aid in filling up a bit dilute the nutrition of a meal? I would think not, but would like to hear from someone about this.

I drink water with fresh squeezed lemon juice. It is so refreshing and tastes SOOOO much better than plain, filtered water. I use a Britta 1/2 gallon water filter and am always filling it up. Water is replacing the numerous diet sodas I habitually drank throughout a normal day.

Any thoughts on drinking water before a meal would be great, thanks.

RG
    Atlanta, Ga
  • hellzak
    hellzak Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am new to the MFP groups.

I am learning about portion control, and learning to visualize smaller portions. Learning also to cook much more healthier. I have th luxury of some of the best food farmers markets in the Atlanta area, and love finding new foods or at least new ways to make the same foods I used to eat in a healthier way.

My question here is about drinking water before eating a meal. I feel it helps to get me full before I sit down to eat. Since my water intake has increased susbtantially with the start of my new, doctor monitored diet (Diabetes, 1800cals a day). I believe it works for me. Does drinking water before a meal to aid in filling up a bit dilute the nutrition of a meal? I would think not, but would like to hear from someone about this.

I drink water with fresh squeezed lemon juice. It is so refreshing and tastes SOOOO much better than plain, filtered water. I use a Britta 1/2 gallon water filter and am always filling it up. Water is replacing the numerous diet sodas I habitually drank throughout a normal day.

Any thoughts on drinking water before a meal would be great, thanks.

RG
    Atlanta, Ga

YES RG, IT FOR SURE HELPS FILL YOU UP! I THINK YOU SHOULD DRINK ONE BEFORE A MEAL AND WITH A MEAL. WELCOME TO MFP :)