Chalean Extreme

Options
Has anyone completed the program?

What kind of results did you get?

I received it yesterday and have thought about ordering Turbofire to do the hybrid plan.

Thanks!

Replies

• kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I have the Turbofire program and completed it 2x, I have heard tons of good reviews on the chalene extreme program. Lifting weights is really good for woman to help prevent bone loss. All of Chalenes programs are created for all age groups and for all different body types. Insanity is another good program. I did the hybrid with Turbo Fire/Insanity.
    Hope this helps!!!
    Good Luck
    (Turbo FIre is my FAVORITE program)
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Be careful. Muscle weighs more than fat, and you could end up getting in to some serious issues if you push it too hard.
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Before I bought ChaLean Extreme I was a huge Jillian Michaels fan. I own almost every one of her dvds. I then started looking into more toning up/gaining muscle dvds and came across ChaLean Extreme. I am a busy stay-at-home mom of 3 kids (ages 5 and under) and the fact that the dvds are no longer than 50 minutes really sold me. I am sooooo glad I bought ChaLean Extreme. Jillian Michaels is no longer my favorite pick. ChaLean Extreme is sooo fun to get into. I have toned up and leaned out a ton.

I have done 2 rounds of ChaLean Extreme. I am currently at goal weight and trying to maintain using the Lean For Life plan (only I am working out 3-4 times a week instead of 5). I am actually debating on buying heavier weights and thinking about doing round 3 of ChaLean...She really transforms your body.

Also, I have HEARD that too much cardio can be a bad thing if you are trying to gain muscle. I have heard too much cardio breaks the muscles down and doesn't allow them to build. Anyone know if that is true? You might want to find out before you start Turbofire. You can probably still do Turbofire---but you might have to limit how often.
  • Considering I've done 5x5, I'll be ok :) This wasn't a post *****ing about getting "bulky"
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    ha ha you wont turn into a man" i own it and have done several of her workouts ( not the full program yet) its good . A little to slow paced for me, but if your looking to build muscle do it:)
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    I'm doing a Turbo Fire HIIT/Chalean Extreme hybrid. First time through and I just started the Lean phase. Absolutely love it. Love the weight workouts and love love love the ab workouts.
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    What she says!! I was a big fan of Jillian Michaels before. Well actually I have alot of different dvds all by different people, but lots of JM ones. I used to dread working out though...but with Chalean I am happier when I work out! Really!! I am just looking at her other stuff because I think I would do just any workout she does. She is very motivating. Right now I am reading her book and I am ordering Turbo Fire
    I am almost into the Lean Phase by the way. I have 2 more days of Push and then into Lean in the Chalean Extreme program.
    Before I bought ChaLean Extreme I was a huge Jillian Michaels fan. I own almost every one of her dvds. I then started looking into more toning up/gaining muscle dvds and came across ChaLean Extreme. I am a busy stay-at-home mom of 3 kids (ages 5 and under) and the fact that the dvds are no longer than 50 minutes really sold me. I am sooooo glad I bought ChaLean Extreme. Jillian Michaels is no longer my favorite pick. ChaLean Extreme is sooo fun to get into. I have toned up and leaned out a ton.

I have done 2 rounds of ChaLean Extreme. I am currently at goal weight and trying to maintain using the Lean For Life plan (only I am working out 3-4 times a week instead of 5). I am actually debating on buying heavier weights and thinking about doing round 3 of ChaLean...She really transforms your body.

Also, I have HEARD that too much cardio can be a bad thing if you are trying to gain muscle. I have heard too much cardio breaks the muscles down and doesn't allow them to build. Anyone know if that is true? You might want to find out before you start Turbofire. You can probably still do Turbofire---but you might have to limit how often.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing the 20 week TF/CLX hybrid. I love it.

I have completed a round of CLX in the past and had great results with inches lost. It really changed the shape of my body.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Be careful. Muscle weighs more than fat, and you could end up getting in to some serious issues if you push it too hard.

What are you even talking about?

I love these DVD's. I have done rounds of them and it helped me cut 6% bf, 6" off my waist, hips and chest and 16 lbs. not bad for a man with little to lose. I tend to do these DVD's when my life gets busy and I need a quick workout. Just make sure you follow their calorie suggestion.. these workouts burn a lot of calories and need a lot of calories for fuel.
  • Vermilliana
    Vermilliana Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Chalean Extreme is amazing. Its fun, and challenging and totally effective. Chalean Johnson is one of the most amazingly motivational personalities in the fitness world, imo. I've tried a ton of fitness DVD's over the last 20 years and she is, by far, one of my faves (be it Turbo Jam, Extreme or Turbo Fire). There are a lot of back-to-basics moves. Be warned though, the band that goes around your ankles will make your *kitten* scream...and get hard as a rock *L* Love it and whole-heartedly recommend it!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I am just starting my 3'rd month of round 2.... I absolutely love CHX , I have lost 16 pounds , and I have gained so much strength, and I get to eat so much more and still lose pounds since gaining muscle. You will love it!
  • sugarplumfairy72
    sugarplumfairy72 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Turbofire is absolutely my favorite too! No matter what you do with Chalean you will have fun and get results. GOOD LUCK!!!
  • Thanks so much for the replies!! I'm excited about trying it!
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Starting week 4!!! AND LOVE IT!! but who wouldn't, lifting to tone and lean you up!!
    Good luck!
    forgot what the ? was...lol
    but you can't go wrong with CLX!!!
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the programme, but for some reason have never made it past month 2! This post is tempting me to try again - 3rd time lucky perhaps??

Turbofire looks hardcore though! I have done turbo jam and loved it, so if you already have a base of fitness (which it sounds like you do) I say go for it!

There are a couple of groups on here for charlean and the various ways of doing the hybrids.

Good luck!
  • Thank you!!

It's really encouraging that I've not heard one bad thing about the program.

I start today :)
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I started my second round on Monday. The first round didn't give me any weight loss results but I did get a lot stronger. I think my problem was related to my birth control rather than anything as I had real issues losing any weight, I don't blame the programme.

I going into this while doing 5:2 fasting, which seems to be helping me lose weight at last, albeit very slowly. So it might be tricky to fit all thre workouts in, may have to combine cardio / weights days on non fast days.
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to start!! I am getting it as a gift (so I have to wait ;)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    To be perfectly honest if you've completed 5x5 (which is a program based on actual Powerlifting training) doing CLX will feel like a step down for you. The gains you'll see doing isolation training with dumbbells are not quite on par with the gains you'll see doing what you have been, which is compound lifts using a barbell.