500-600 calories

Options

Replies

• WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I eat 500-600 calories a day, This has increased from around 400 which helped me lose A LOT of weight. But since starting a new job, working 12 hour shifts, I eat my usual Apple or greek yogurt for breakfast, 2 ryvitas with 2 laughing cow triangles for lunch or a banana, then a 205g of pasta shapes in tomato sauce for dinner or a salad,
    But at night time i crave fruit and have no idea how to control my cravings, its not for chocolate or any other bad things but 100 calories for a banana on top of apples, raspberries strawberries and grapes ruins my day completely! so mad at myself what do i do :(

no adult is designed to live on 500-600 calories per day. you can survive on that for short periods - perhaps a couple of weeks, but over the long haul you are quite literally starving yourself to death. you need to eat at least double the amount of calories you are currently getting. tell us your details... height/weight/exercise and we'll try to find a better way for you that allows you to reach any realistic goal you want without endangering your life.

feeling that eating a 105 calorie banana when you're hungry is somehow going to ruin your day is a sure sign that you've developed an eating disorder. for the time being, fixing that disorder should be job #1.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    You should change your intake to about 250 calories a day.....that way, you'll look fabulous in your casket!

BTW, I'm bringing doughnuts to the funeral.

You're like Carlos Mencia of MFP. Only YOU think you're funny while everybody else thinks you're just an idiot

@OP:

IzE1c.gif
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Are you this nasty in real life too? :grumble:

Yup.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Common sense really.

500-600 is ridiculously low. Fruit is not going to ruin your day. You could be eating at least 1,000 more calories and be losing weight.

This girl is your best bet for advice. Look at her. Look at what she does and what she eats. And listen to her.
  • Sprmc47
    Sprmc47 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Try eating more for a week until you find you good zone. How about 1200?
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Nvmd
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Please talk to someone.
    In the meantime try increasing your calories a little bit each day.
    this is great advice.OP you dont want to be my age and having a screwed up metabolism because of choices you made while younger.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    You're like Carlos Mencia of MFP. Only YOU think you're funny while everybody else thinks you're just an idiot

I wasn't trying to be funny...I was trying to be a b!tch. Mission accomplished.

You're disgusting.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Honey, your body is not craving, it is starving!!

Simply eat more, at least 1200 calories or more a day is at least what you need for your body to even function correctly x
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

You must be very proud of yourself. Now you can cross that off your to do list.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    you're not "craving" things, you're STARVING.

EAT DAMMIT!

For real! EAT!
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options

Clearly comes naturally....no need to "try"
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Profile says 33 years old. I don't mean to pry but is everything ok at home? You can talk to me if there is abusive husband (if anyone ever wished to marry such a "special" person as you), or parents or something. Or if mid-life crisis came early for you.

You don't have to take it out on random kids, talk to me dear. Together we can make sure we can get you through this. I am worried by this kind of behavior since this is a cry for help by people who might take the drastic measure of off'ing themselve. Please don't do it :(
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    eat MOAR weigh LEZZ

proven fact !
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    ahhhh, Friday night drama.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    ahhhh, Friday night drama.

Good god, it IS friday night isn't it! :(
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    If i increase my calories now though will i gain weight stupidly fast after eating so little for so long?

Yes, but only if your protein exceeds 27 grams in a day :sick:

No .. You WILL NOT gain weight from eating calories equal to your BMR .. No one's BMR is 600 .. mine is 1135 (but remember - that's basically a 24 hour period of literally not doing anything .. other than existing - breathing, heartbeat, etc) .. I can safely eat 1200 and still lose weight.

I'm 5'4 .. and weight 112 lbs. My UGW is 105 .. where I was this summer .. but I'm perfectly happy and fine with 110 lbs. I'm 46 years old .. I've spent my life active and always floated between 105-110 lbs .. I only quit smoking in Aug and gained 15 lbs in 30 days .. so I thought .. whoa! I better change up my habits before I get out of control.

I'm actually quite happy now with my weight / appearance .. and I'm not freaking out if I go over my calorie goals for the day. :-)

Please eat your BMR calories at the very least .. or else you risk losing muscle mass .. which actually helps increase your metabolism (more muscle .. faster metabolism. Less muscle/more fat .. slower metabolism)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I eat 500-600 calories a day,

Just want to know why?
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    Your diet is counter productive... your putting your body into starvation mode...yes you loose the weight now but when you stop dieting because your happy with your weight your body will really pack on the pounds.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Please please please eat more!!!!!!!!!! 600 calories is too low and will hurt you. Up them little by little, yes you will probably see a gain for about 2 weeks, but then it will go back down because your body will say "hmmm she isn't going to starve me." Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.