How to burn 500 to 700 cals an hour ?

Options

Replies

• toogsmom
    toogsmom Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Running!!!! Its one of the best calorie burners.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Insanity-all are between 500 and 1000 depending on the month/workout. Lots of muscle training too.

False. I am 5'4 120 and burn between 200-350 doing insanity. 400 on max interval.

Same here, though it'd be nice if it reached even close to 400 for me, lol.
  • kellyholmberg
    kellyholmberg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Everyone is saying it....Run! But even that depends on how fast you are running. I know when I'm dragging I can run pretty slow and a speed walker might pass me by. But when I'm really going fast I burn a ton of calories. I really hate running but it does do the trick. Currently I'm doing crossfit and love it. Not only am I running during class but I am lifting weights which burns fat faster than straight cardio. Check it out if you are looking for something to change up your workout. I love it because it is quick, different everyday, and always a challenge.

crossfit.com google it to find a local box.
  • mirthfuldragon
    mirthfuldragon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Calorie burn is largely about intensity. For example, in Spin class (cycling is my strong suit), my HRM will usually indicate 750+ calories burned. Hitting the road or trail can come close to 1,000 calories an hour. Today on the treadmill, 592 calories in 42 minutes, averaging 10 minute miles.

My average heart rate is between 140 and 150bpm, with my max coming in north of 180bpm. You'd be surprised what your body is capable of; however, on the same time, be aware of your own capabilities and comfort zone. I like hunting for my max heart rate on tough intervals, and I'm also a relatively young, tall guy - age 28, 6'2", 189lbs - so it takes a lot more caloric energy to make me go fast.
  • glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I burn roughly 100 calories every 10 minutes running and on the elliptical.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I burn about 150 calories every 10 minutes doing jump rope.
  • phatycake
    Options
    Insanity or Zumba,
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    The elliptical Machine will do it for you easy..........
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I do interval training. Jog 1 minute walk 1 minute. I wear an HRM (PolarFT4). Today in an hour I burned 625 calories.
  • OSUloulou
    OSUloulou Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Really depends on how hard your pushing yourself. I wear a HRM and burn 400 calories with one trainer in spin class for 60 min and 550 with another trainer....who literally pushes me till I want to puke. Running for me burns about 550calories an hour, but I run hills and hard. Do what you love to do just push a little harder:)
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Zumba - if it's high intensity. I can burn 800 - 1100/hr according to my heart rate monitor watch.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Running on the treadmilllllll :)

Or Elliptical or Cybex Elliptical

Or a combination of the two
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I burn 500-700 in cardio classes like spin, kickboxing and step, and count everything according to my HRM. I push it very hard though, and am 5'9", 200 lbs. The calorie burn does decrease with weight loss, however.
  • guengirl
    Options
    I burn 250 calories in about 20 minutes on the ellipticle and like level ten. I love it because i can read and listen to music while working out :)
  • JenLovesFall
    Options
    Try a Jillian Michael's DVD! She is intense!
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Swimming for an hour. Granted I had to change my strokes and distances as I lost weight. I also do a few lengths of all out vigorous swimming freestyle.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I burn 1400 cals per hour doing zumba
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Insanity works amazing for that.... I can burn even more than that.
    Martial arts is super for that too.... Goes from 700 to 1000 per class.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    It used to be pretty easy when I was at my heaviest weight (185lb. at 5'6"), I would go on the elliptical for an hour at a high resistance level and my heart rate would be in the 170s for the majority of the time.

Now, I just can't burn as much and my heart rate doesn't get as high anymore either, so depending on your size that's something to take into consideration. 500 would probably be my max burn in an hour now, if I'm REALLY working it!

I've also noticed that when I was heavier, the machine estimates were pretty accurate (for calorie burn) but now they are way too high (comparing with my heart rate monitor, polar ft7!)
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I burn around 500 in 30-34 min.s on my eliptical, but I set it higher for resistance. If I use my recumbant bike, I burn 300 in 30 min.