Healthy banana bread recipe anyone???

Pandasarecool
Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
Got a ton of banana's rotting on my counter, anyone have a low carb, semi-healthy banana bread/muffin recipe? Really, anything with bananas. Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    bump...
  • Danam48
    Danam48 Posts: 129 Member
    Not low carb, but has healthy ingredients
    http://greatist.com/health/recipe-oatmeal-banana-bread-022312/
  • nataliefamily3
    nataliefamily3 Posts: 189 Member
    Just find a traditional banana bread recipe and sub all the butter for 2 jars of stage 1 gerber banana food. So good and moist, cuts calories by about half for the loaf, and even the chef at my job had no clue.
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    I don't know if there is a low-carb banana-bread out there, bananas are not low-carb :huh:

I like to bake a Quinoa Banana Bread, which is healthy and yummy. A thick slice with some peanutbutter or honey on top is a great breakfast!

1 cup cooked quinoa (follow package directions)
    3 mushy bananas
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp vanilla
    dash of salt
    1/2 cup yogurt (plain or vanilla)
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1 cup whole wheat flour

Directions
    1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
    2. Place the cooled cooked quinoa in a mixing bowl and stir together with bananas.
    3. Add the cinnamon, vanilla, salt, yogurt, oil, sugar and egg and continue mixing.
    4. In a separate bowl, mix together the baking soda, baking powder, all-purpose and whole wheat flour. Add to the wet ingredients 1/2 cup at a time until all the dry ingredients are incorporated.
    5. Grease a loaf pan and pour in the batter. Bake in a 350°F oven for 1 hour.
    6. Remove the bread from the oven and let rest for as long as you can wait before cutting a slice.

Makes 12 slices:
    Calories per slice: 199
    Carbs: 34 gr
    Protein: 4 gr
    Fat: 6 gr
    Fiber: 3 gr

You can bring the calories down by substituting any sweetener for the sugar and maybe applesauce for the oil.
  • di4me
    di4me Posts: 5 Member
    This one is really good. In fact, all her recipes are really good! I'm always trying them out:

http://detoxinista.com/2012/07/peanut-butter-banana-mug-cake/

Good luck :happy: