I am worried that I won't ever see results...

Options
2»

Replies

• lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    liquid weight and stool will always give you a less accurate number
    You weigh yourself sitting on a stool? Why? :huh:
    If you weighed yourself immersed in liquid the the results would be "encouraging" with or without the stool
    literacy isn't your strong point is it?
    I assume you are from the Colonies since irony surely isn't yours.

Good day

Slam dunk ! :laugh:
  • Melaneyw
    Options
    I too ,have had this same problem. I was exercising a lot, tracking my food, etc. What kick started my metabolism was running. I set a goal to run 15 miles a week and it helped. I still go the other exercises too. Hang in there!
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    It's back to myth busting time.

Okay, so for example:
    1. your body won't start without breakfast
    2. you have to eat mega-CALORIES else your body will simply "STARVE" itself into obesity (Quick! Someone tell UNESCO
    3. If you swallow, inhale or inject berries, essences, tinctures or tisanes your weight will simply fall away without you doing a stroke of work
    4. If you don't lose weight IT MUST BE ALL YOUR FAULT!

etc.

anything wrong with the foregoing premises?
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    well Im actively trying to loose weight since April this year I was 168 lbs now Im 144 saying that I havnt lost any weight in a couple of months until last week i lost 0ne pound,I always try to stick to my calories I do 45 minutes workout every morning mon-friday I include extra walking when I can but I seem to be stuck on the last 8 lbs I want to loose,the bonus is Im fitter than my 20 year old son Ive never felt better,so Im taking the line it can move when it moves Im not going to worry too much,I dont think that you will be this weight in 5 weeks if every day was like this is accurate at all,then again maybe its me!!!!best of luck!:smile:
  • maria_elaina
    maria_elaina Posts: 53 Member
    Options

No stool is a more civilized word for **** if you haven't pooped or peed lately you'll weigh quite a bit more than you think

I think they're being sarcastic :laugh:
  • bluemilan
    Options
    Unfortnately we didn't gain all the weight overnight, so why do we expect to lose it overnight. These things take time and whether you go the straight road or take the scenic route, as long as we get there- thats the main thing.

I like my scenic journey and had lost nearly 38 pounds before I started to notice despite regular workouts and menu planning.

I knew I was doing the right thing, but it took time for the results to show on the scales and even longer on my body.

I have become the MFP bore and you know, I don't care. I need help and support from everyone I come across in the day and it is with their help I am finally getting there, slowly, very slowly, but surely.

Stay positive and the community on MFP will help all we can.

LA xx
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    I am sorry you are feeling discouraged. I think losing what you have so far is a great start, well done.
    Have you started a new exercise program? I am a big fluid retainer so when i started i would work out really hard and not see any results for a few weeks, then a few pounds would drop at once as the fat loss was masked by the fluid retention in my muscles.
    Also, it really does take time and yes, you might find you go weeks without losing anything or even gaining a little but if you keep it up the losses do come eventually. I know this can be really discouraging when you've felt hungry all week but really, you do have to stick with it. Once you start seeing the results and get used to your new lifestyle it becomes second nature, it really does get easier.
    X x
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    ok so the first month you lost 3-5pounds - thats good, you are doing it right. I think you need to realise that this is the beginning of a new lifestyle for you, and give your results time to present themselves.

healthy eating is a lifelong habit. so you have time.

have you:

been to a nutritionist to get your BMI / BMR / BF%

have you used online calculators to get your BMI / BMR / BF%

in the end just give it time, if you are not loosing, look at your diet and make sure you are recording everything you eat correctly.

if you want specific help open your diary, post your age height and weight.
  • hughtwalker
    Options

No stool is a more civilized word for **** if you haven't pooped or peed lately you'll weigh quite a bit more than you think
    I think they're being sarcastic :laugh:
    sarcasm is always considered a form of wit, whereas irony can be found in any type of situation, be is funny or quite serious. Irony takes on many forms (generally tragic and situational irony) that are very saddening and in no way considered mockery. In this sense Irony is a bit more varied and far-reaching in its scope than sarcasm.

Anyway, I have already made a prior serious contribution to this enquiry
  • twonkieone
    Options
    hey there! i'm sorta in the same boat in that i have not lost pounds -- but i've found that i'm down 1 1/2 sizes which seems crazy!! i still weigh myself almost every day and i try to eat healthy more often than not. i also go to the gym 4-6 times a week and have good workouts (ie take a spin class, get 45 min on the elliptical) and lift weights. Maybe you can look for progress in other area and see how you've grown/changed instead? i had to let go of some magic weight number because i was not looking at the good stuff i was doing in the process!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    it could be your metabolism (make sure to eat breakfast it kick starts your metabolism),

oh goodness....our metabolism does not get "kick started" by eating breakfast

a caloric deficit and time are the only requirements

nothing else

exactly. i haven't had breakfast in weeks. hell, last night i practically ate all my calories at dinner. in fact, i skipped breakfast and lunch. as of this morning, i'm down 4 pounds
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hang in there sweetie, it'll come eventually :) Do at least 30 minutes of exercise a day, even if it's just walking to the shops, it all adds up!
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    it could be your metabolism (make sure to eat breakfast it kick starts your metabolism),

nothing else

exactly. i haven't had breakfast in weeks. hell, last night i practically ate all my calories at dinner. in fact, i skipped breakfast and lunch. as of this morning, i'm down 4 pounds

I eat practically all my calories at night too :drinker:
  • hughtwalker
    Options

nothing else

Can you eat garlic?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

nothing else

Can you eat garlic?

i had garlic bread last night.
  • lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Can you eat garlic?

I was wondering the same..... :wink:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    just keep at it.

part of the reason i stopped weighing myself on a weekly basis was because i got tired of not seeing any change in weight. so i just kept doing what i was doing (working out and eating below my TDEE). i see changes in measurements and how my clothes fit regularly but it's the stupid scale that doesnt change. i also see changes that i never thought of like shoes getting bigger, bracelets and rings getting bigger, glasses too big etc

keep at it, do what you know know you need to do and you will see results. it might not be the results you are expecting to see, but changes are happening
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    If you weighed yourself immersed in liquid the the results would be "encouraging" with or without the stool
    Just tried that and now my scales aren't working :sad:

LOL, LOL, LOL
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    First: If you are going to reply in a condescending or rude way, go jump off a bridge.

Ha! :laugh: Awesome.

Toss that scale. Seriously. Measure yourself, pay attention to the way your clothes fit, and do some sort of strength training. Don't give up. Your health is too important.