mind your own business please -.-

Options
2»

Replies

• EnneOrra
    Options
    Not to be rude, but did you gain weight? Maybe they are just concerned- as you are, since you are here. ?? Well the silver lining is that people are paying attention and those same people will probably notice when you lose weight.

yes, i've gained weight, thats why i'm here. what i dont get is, why do they have to talk to my mother about it, or have to talk about it at all? i'm more than 900 km away from home, is there really nothing more exciting than my weight? :huh: but i can understand the way you think about it, and somehow i agree :)

It was very unkind and unnecesary of your mother to share that with you. I can easily regress when I hear any kind of comment about my weight. That's why I'm grateful for all the people here, it is the only place where I share my journey.

like i've wrote already, i'm not really angry with her, because i've started the topic of my weight, and my mother and i are always telling each other everything. but i think it's also somehow the old 'don't talk bad about my mother'-effect :bigsmile:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Sorry you had to hear that especially from your own mother! She really shouldn't have said anything to you. Instead she should have stuck up for you to those rude people and tell them something like...photos lie, you can't really tell from a photo etc. I've heard rude comments from my own mother at times too. In turn I've said to her you know how those words hurt so why do you say it to me? once she asked what size I wore and then when I told her she said... Is that all? I thought you were much bigger than that. Another time she asked and replied with "oh I don't believe that! I have to see the tag in your pants to believe that! Another time she got rude over my ring size. I have long fingers fingers so of course the radius of my fingers is a little larger than say my mother who is only 5'3". I'm 5'11" and would look weird with long stick fingers. I had told my mother that my husband loves to buy me rings but always gets a size 7. I wear an 8. Now just one ring size larger than my mother so you wouldn't think it was such a big deal but she made a big fuss over it saying wow your fingers are fat. Even gasped when I told her I wore a size 8 ring. Those are things you NEVER forget or get over. Your own mother shouldn't be making you feel horrible about yourself.
  • Fredrigo
    Fredrigo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm torn on this.

On one hand it's unfortunate you were hurt by the comment but have you considered how lucky you are that someone expressed concern?

It's one thing if a person calls you a "fatty" but it's another if people inquire about your health because they see a physical change.

I'm too removed from your situation to know the specifics of what was said but I thought I'd throw out some food for thought (0 calories even)
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Don't let people who don't matter in your life take up space in your brain. This includes people who make random comments to your mother. Live your life and pretend they don't exist and screw 'em if anyone has a problem with that.
  • beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Don't worry what other people say. Those same people will be saying you look too thin soon and asking your mom if you are okay. Some people need to be in everyone's business; they just can't help it. There is only one person you need to make happy--and that's you. You have plenty of support here. take that and run with it. Best to you!