Not so small NSV (for me) -

Options
This starts not as a victory, but small set back. Last night I had the evening to myself and watched a movie that I had been wanting to see for a very long time - Precious. It was a great movie, definitely a tear-jerker for most anyone. For me, it hit WAY TOO CLOSE TO HOME. I've worked dealing with my own past for the last 20+ years.

8 years ago, a series of events that took me back to my past sent me into a several month long DEEP depression. Every few years I would have other set backs, that would send me into that depression spiral for weeks at a time. The periods always include incredible binge eating, self pity, and terrible self esteem.

Last night, I definitely started with a small binge eating... after logging everything, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was - about 1,000 calories - and that included what I needed for dinner.

This morning, I woke up refusing to let my emotions rule me, nor 'hate myself' for my weakness with food last night. I am a new, healthy person. I accept I ate what I shouldn't last night, and will be going for a long 5 mile walk this morning. I will be having a 'lower' calorie day, along with higher protein and reduced processed carb weekend. I have a plan, and already feel back on track.

I promise I will conquer my fat!! I will get to a healthy weight, and lead an (overall) healthy lifestyle.

I hope you all have a great day, and do something fun and active this weekend.
-Kathy

Replies

• rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    thats right get right back on track! good job. i too can relate to the movie and have cried each time i watched it.
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    Thank you!

I did just finish a 5.8 mile walk with my fastest pace yet. Yeah!!

Good luck to you.
    -kathy
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    well done, for not letting one evening get the better of all the other good days!
    Yay, for the NSV it is not easy to cget the better over our own mind!
  • CPAUTISM24
    CPAUTISM24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I think we all have those moments that we get off track...however, the key is to put it behind you and get back on track...right? I am proud of you! Keep on keepin on my friend! Bev:bigsmile:
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    Thank you! I do love the overall support we all give each other on this site. It definitely helps.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!