shrinking boobies!

Options
So I have lost about 40 pounds since August and it really shows on the upper half of my body. My husband was playing around the other night and made a comment that I was losing so much weight even my breasts were getting smaller and after some investigation I believe I may have gone down a cup size. Is this normal and has anyone else had boob shrinkage with their weight loss??

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Fat comes off everywhere and boobs are made up of a lot of fat in some cases. Some people lose very little and some (me) become boobless.
  • pikanchi
    pikanchi Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It's totally normal, as Mokey41 said. I went from being a C cup (at my largest) to an AA cup. My sports bras, for example, are apparently for "11 - 12 year olds" and my mum now calls me 'no boobs' as much as she calls me by my name. OTOH, plenty of women lose weight without losing basically all of their boobs! It's totally a person-to-person thing, I believe.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I've lost 42 pounds, and 4.25" off my chest. But, my ribcage (band size) went down 3" too. About a month ago I went to be measured for bras, and I came out with a DDD (3.25" off chest, almost 3" off ribcage). I've sence lost more off my chest, so a DD will fit best now. Sigh. I hate bra shopping! I'm going to wait to buy more bras until either I'm down another band size, or the cups are really way too big.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 20kg and I swear ALL of it was my boobs. I've gone from a DD to a B. :'(
  • Coming4U
    Coming4U Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I find this to be the case. Breasts are mostly fat so when you drop pounds you are likely to get smaller in the chest. I know it has happened to me in the past before.
  • Madelinew22
    Options
    ya i was a big B and then lost 22 and now im barely a Acup
  • LilBee82
    LilBee82 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My boobs are the first place that loses fat. Totally normal.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Oh gawd yes. I went from a 38DD to a 34B cup.

I'm so ecstatic I could spit. Prior to the weight loss, I wanted a breast reduction in the worst way. Shirts would not fit, and any sort of running/plyometric exercises were out of the question. At my heaviest, they still weren't big enough for insurance to cover it, when I got a quote from a plastic surgeon, it would have cost me $8000 out of pocket.

I'm so glad I lost the weight. Mine are just about perfect now.
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I can't say that is the truth for me. My weight has fluctuated throughout the last 6 years, and my boobies never went down! I stayed at a 38ddd for 6 years, even when I was 162lbs. So, with that said, I just had breast reduction surgery 3 weeks ago. It was the best decision that I have ever made. My boobies are now perky, and a size c/d. Anyways, my older sister s bobbies are the first to shrink when she loses weight. I really wish that was my situation!! Less is best!
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm the other side. I've fluctuated about 30 lbs and I've never noticed a significant change in the girls. But then again, they came in as C's at around 11 (how weird is it to think about an 11 year old walking around with C cups! Bleh!) so maybe it's just that I have big boobs. I admit though that I'm a little worried about losing them if I get below my lowest adult weight as I think they are perfect for my body. I think I could handle going down to a D cup but no lower. It's weird to say but part of my identity has always been being busty and I'd rather stay with a Christina Hendricks figure minus the butt than fit into a size 8.

Oh and what it really comes down to is what % of your boobs are fat and what are breast tissue. You can lose a ton of weight and if you just store a lot of fat in your boobs, nothing could change. All genetics.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You can lose a ton of weight and if you just store a lot of fat in your boobs, nothing could change. All genetics.

Oops! Meant "if you just don't store a lot of fat in your boobs". Pardon the mistake.
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I went from 36H to 32DDD :cry:
    Oh well they are still perky so it's ok but if I lose anymore I might have a b!t(h Fit:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • BloodbathBob
    BloodbathBob Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm really hoping to lose my boobs! I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've known some girls who lost a lot of weight, and lost a lot of their breast size; honestly, it was always a vast improvement.
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    No matter how much weight I lose, I am always a DD cup...grr. My band size goes down, but not the cup size (of course a DD cup with a 36" band size is smaller than a DD cup with a 40" band size, for example). I wish wish wish I could be a C cup! I would love to get a reduction when I reach goal, but idk if insurance will cover it, and they probably wouldn't.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    mine are just GONE! after 24 lb i didnt have much to start off but now i have nothing lol but it doesnt bother me much jsut wish it would go away from my stomach and arms instead
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    Options
    I haven only lost 8 pounds so far and can only hope that as I lose more weight that my boobs come off. I have DD's and I can't stand them. i have thought about breast reduction surgery but I don't have the money and I figured I should try to lose weight to see if they come down to a reasonable size. I would love to become a small C cup someday (if not smaller). But, like others have said... it is completely normal. I hope I'm as lucky as others.
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    Options
    No matter how much weight I lose, I am always a DD cup...grr. My band size goes down, but not the cup size (of course a DD cup with a 36" band size is smaller than a DD cup with a 40" band size, for example). I wish wish wish I could be a C cup! I would love to get a reduction when I reach goal, but idk if insurance will cover it, and they probably wouldn't.

I totally understand your frustration with being a DD. I hate it. I'm hoping as I progress with weight loss that they go down. I can hope. (: I don't have insurance so all of the surgery would come out of pocket for me and I just don't have that kind of money.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I lost 3 cup size.
  • ConstanceMarieRuff
    Options
    I can't say that is the truth for me. My weight has fluctuated throughout the last 6 years, and my boobies never went down! I stayed at a 38ddd for 6 years, even when I was 162lbs. So, with that said, I just had breast reduction surgery 3 weeks ago. It was the best decision that I have ever made. My boobies are now perky, and a size c/d. Anyways, my older sister s bobbies are the first to shrink when she loses weight. I really wish that was my situation!! Less is best!

This may be an inappropriate question so feel free to not answer but... How much did the surgery cost? I have seriously considered it (if after I lose weight they don't shrink any).
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Yes, I lost one cup and two inches. At first I said it didn't mattered, now I am worried i don't want to loose anymore!!