I've lost a total of 14lbs and....

Options
I don't notice a difference. My measurements are small TRUE! My weight says 142lbs, TRUE. My pants still fit the same, my stomach still isn't even close to flat and everything is still jiggly. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• Thick2Fit1991
    Options
    *Bump* anyone? Helpful hints, suggestions... etc I work out 3 to 5 times a week. I don't do a whole lot, as I have a problem with my sciatic nerve but I do 10mins of cardio and then about 5 mins of strength mostly weight lifting (less then 15lbs) but I still see no progress... I mean yes I have gone from 156 to 142lbs... but nothing about the way my clothes fit or my jean size has changed
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Sorry, it's not enough exercise to make much difference. The lbs. will drop off if you keep a deficit, but you can't build muscle without exercising it. Could you do less intense cardio for longer? Or could you do it more than once per day? Probably need at least half an hour of cardio, and can't use all your muscle groups in 5 minutes of weight lifting, but 30 minutes might be enough.

If you can't do any more exercise, your measurements will eventually change anyway just from the weight loss, but you might not be happy with your shape without more exercise.
  • Thick2Fit1991
    Options
    Thats true, I do need to bump up my cardio.. I was thinking of 30mins per day. I don't have a ton of weight to lose.. just stomach fat and toning really. I am recovering after two kids haha, but thanks for the helpful tips!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    It took me a while to notice my weight loss. I started out around 148. Didn't notice anything til I lost a little over 10 pounds and then BAM, clothes started fitting better, I looked skinnier in the mirror, ect. The weight loss was gradual, but it was like a one day difference in my head.
  • micposso
    Options
    Cardio will definitely help you loose weight, but what is going to shape your body is exercise. Exercise works your muscle tone and therefore, help you look better. Also, remember that a person carries between 2 to 4 pounds of water excess at any moment, so 14 pounds weight loss might not be a good benchmark to see any major differences. A nutritionist and trainer told me that it takes about 6 months for a middle age person to see good results, that is 6 months of strict dieting and exercise(nothing extreme). That is in the case of us, normal people with normal job and routines. However, you are in the right track, Keep up the work!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    you are not forcing your body to adapt and change-5 minutes of strength training? frankly it doesn't sound like you are putting forth much of an effort.If you don't have much weight to lose, may I suggest 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels, 5 days a week, 30 minutes and you will see a huge transformation in terms of toning and inches lost.

I am a runner, with a sciatic nerve issue as well. But I don't let it stop me. I rest, I recover and I continue to push!

bottom line...... You Get What You Give!
  • Madelinew22
    Options
    ive had 2 kids, and ull get there, clean up ur diet even more then u prob have, cardio no longer then 40 mins a day and lift HEAVY not a 5 lb weught, try like low reps heavy, and u need way more then 20 mins a day 3 times a week try about hr and a half total 5 days a week, i promise u will see resukts in a couple weeks, also make sure ur eating enoigh. im 5'1.5 and net about 1500 a day.
  • clee369
    clee369 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    5 minutes is not strength training and 10 minutes is not cardio. Give up now it will make you happier