Tall Females?

Options

Replies

• HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Oh...forgot to add that my ex bf is 5'8''. The guy I'm currently drooling over is 6'6'' and gorgeous and NICE. I can even wear my highest shoes and STILL be shorter...awesome. :love:

And my birthday is on Halloween! Lot's of hot and tall Scorpios around here.

I dated a guy who was 6'4 and it was amazing. Well, as far as the height goes - I also learned from that relationship that I don't need to be dating someone who I could get all my social work clinical hours with. I ended up providing a LOT of free therapy, lol :grumble:
  • HermioneDanger118
    Options
    I'm 5'11'' and 212 lbs. Oy vey. Sometimes being tall is nice. For instance, I carry my weight very well.

Same - I'm 217 and probably don't look like it. On the other hand, I have to have a dramatic weight loss for it to be noticeable and go down in pant sizes. That was nice when putting the weight on but is a pain when it comes to shedding it!
  • HermioneDanger118
    Options
    [/quote]

When's your birthday? I'm turning 30 on November 3rd! Scorpios unite!
    [/quote]

28 on November 8 :)
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    5'11. 147 lbs after a year of weight loss dedication - trying to maintain now. In Jan 2011 I was 190 and pushing a size 16. I'm now a comfortable 4/6 for the first time in my life and I feel great. It's a long road, but it's so worth it!
  • iamheretowin
    iamheretowin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi..I am 5'9. When I was a kid I HATED being tall. but now I love it. I wish I had of got that attitude when I was 12. I am sure it would have saved me a ton of grief.

i do hate trying to buy tights though. The croch always hangs down unless I get a X size. and then they are falling down in the waist. Annoying.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I love being tall. And after struggling with not being a size 2 like all my short(er) girlfriends, I've finally learned to love the way I look. Not in a vain way but in a self confident way. I love putting on a pair of great heels and making an entrance!!!! :love:
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Never really thought of myself as tall but I'm 5 foot 9 and a tiny bit! I think one thing is the weight creeps up on you! Mine crept up my legs and currently sits on my bum and hips! Chest still a bit of a non event, and I'd kill for a clevedge!

Currently 157 looking to drop 14 more pounds, was 168 at my heaviest and couldn't bend over to fasten my shoes, and looked 6 months pregnant. We all carry it differently don't we!
    Good luck!
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    5'11. 147 lbs after a year of weight loss dedication - trying to maintain now. In Jan 2011 I was 190 and pushing a size 16. I'm now a comfortable 4/6 for the first time in my life and I feel great. It's a long road, but it's so worth it!

So interesting... everyones bodies are so different! I am 5'11" If I was 190 I would be a slim 14, I started at 236 and was an 18, down to 217 and have plenty of room in my 16's. I am trying to get to 175 should be size 12, people will probably think I am sick if I get any smaller than that! I don't think I was ever a size 4/6, even at 145 in highschool I was an 8/10.

Love this thread and that there are lovely leggy ladies out there! Add me if you are looking for a motivated MFP friend.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

So interesting... everyones bodies are so different! I am 5'11" If I was 190 I would be a slim 14, I started at 236 and was an 18, down to 217 and have plenty of room in my 16's. I am trying to get to 175 should be size 12, people will probably think I am sick if I get any smaller than that! I don't think I was ever a size 4/6, even at 145 in highschool I was an 8/10.

Love this thread and that there are lovely leggy ladies out there! Add me if you are looking for a motivated MFP friend.

Honestly, I never thought I'd get down to this and I thought I'd look sick, but when I got to 157 (which was my goal), I still felt thick. I still needed to lose more - 10 pounds later I felt much better.

I believe sizing has changed from 10 years ago - but I was always around 155 even in high school and never wore lower than a 10 until this year. During my journey when I got to a 10 I was so happy, but I was 165 when I was in a 10 this time. I figured I might get to an 8, but as of now all my dress pants are 6's and all my jeans are 4's and all my tops/sweaters are S. Which typically is an issue since I swear they make smaller clothes shorter in the body and arms...
  • serbearr92
    Options
    5'8.5. All my closest friends are about 5'4 as well, so I'm the giant, in both ways! :P Also, I'm turning 20 in just under a week, hooray for birthdays! :D Will add you :)
  • TinaCleg
    Options
    I'm 5'9"....embrace your height! I love being tall and wearing heels. We tall women can hide our pounds a little better than my friend who is 4'11" :)
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    There's a group on here I'm part of for tall women. Try searching it, it's great.
    But yeah, I'm 5'11'' and my boyfriend is 5'4''. I weigh 282 but look less because it's spread over more ground haha.
  • tallgirl1960
    tallgirl1960 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh...forgot to add that my ex bf is 5'8''. The guy I'm currently drooling over is 6'6'' and gorgeous and NICE. I can even wear my highest shoes and STILL be shorter...awesome. :love:

And my birthday is on Halloween! Lot's of hot and tall Scorpios around here.

I'm 6ft too...and we share the same birthday, both witches! My husband is also 6ft but doesn't mind me wearing heels at all.
  • joapple11
    joapple11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    At 5'9" I've always been taller than most of my co-workers, but it doesn't really bother me. My hubby is 5'11", but he slouches so we look the same height! lol Hoping to lose 30 pounds and get back into a 14. Buying clothes is a big pain. I can get tall clothes at JC Penney online, but with differences in sizes from one name-brand to another, I sometimes wind up holding clothes until I lose weight. (deep sigh) It is true, also, that smaller sizes tend to be shorter, unless you get a "tall" size.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", is that tall enough?
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1 and also a scorpio!
  • cometjunior
    Options
    On the other hand, I do usually have hi-water pants. (All my height is leg.)

I have the same problem! I'm 5'9" and I have a hard time finding pants. Even the "long" or "tall" cuts aren't long enough sometimes. Ugh.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'7"...is that considered tall? and i added you! i need more support buddies:D
  • MonicaWillian
    MonicaWillian Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 but never really felt that tall growing up I played volleyball so most of the other girls were taller. It is nice to have a board with other tall women! I am new to myfitnesspal and looking forward to getting started!:smile:
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    tall females add me aswel :D
    j.j u can if u want