Help!!! My thighs are so big

Options
Anyone have any good exercises to get your thighs slimmer. My thighs is where almost all my weight is and I have such a hard time getting the weight off them. I do squats, leg lifts and stuff like that. I also walk quite a bit but they still seem to not get any smaller.

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    You've only lost 3 pounds.. this isn't going to happen over night.

Lose more fat, and they will get smaller.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Losing fat is like trying to dry a sponge, you can't dry a corner when the rest of it is still wet.

You just have to keep losing because you can't spot reduce. Keep working at it and eventually it will get better.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, just focus on fat loss and eventually you'll lose weight off your thighs.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    If you can swim and have access to a pool I know swimming helps to make the body more lean. Your legs will get thinner, trust me mine were absolutely HUGE and I too do squats, walk and mine are finally showing smaller size. It does take time and dedication.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Echoing what has been said already - keep losing body fat.
  • topgals
    topgals Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped so most my weight is there too, my thighs are just slimming down now 19lbs later, try running/walking up hill, mountain climber at the gym, lots squats, also swimming using a kick board to hold onto & just kicking ... now that's hardcore!!
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    What these people have said;

Last year I lost 10+ inches from my mid-section, but it only came gradually as I lost weight and inches all over my body. Loss of mass is a relatively slow process and your body isn't going to draw from any one spot, but rather, from all over. No way to spot reduce, so just keep eating clean and burning off calories. Hard work and patience and you will get there in time!
  • misskris78
    misskris78 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I build muscle in my quads relatively easily, so I will never have stick thin legs. Be patient, work out, do yoga to elongate the muscle, and give it time.
  • troysox
    Options
    Part of it is genetics dear, all the women on your
    great grandma's side had big thighs.
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I know it will take time and a lot of work but I want to be able to tone the thighs as I lose so I won't have so much lose skin. I don't have access to a pool or to a gym (can't afford membership) I do have a treadmill that I use frequently. Do you think Pilates helps any?
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Part of it is genetics dear, all the women on your
    great grandma's side had big thighs.

Figures as much. :tongue:
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    30 day shred
    Free on YouTube
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped and lost 25 lbs but my thighs are only slightly smaller. I've accepted that they will probably be the last to go. Keep going and be patient, and they'll eventually slim down.
  • NightWindEclipse
    Options
    Your tracker says you've only lost 3 pounds so far - give it time, they'll shrink gradually! If you're worried about them, keep measurements as you go along in your weight loss. You might be surprised how many inches you lose.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    lose body fat. i also have large thighs, always have. losing overall body fat is what works. you cant spot reduce since your body loses weight the way it's genetically predisposed to as an example i do a crap load of squats, lunges and deadlifts yet i've lost the majority of fat from my midsection and i dont do any midsection work.

just eat less and move more and give it time.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Mine have changed a ton doing New Rules of Lifting for Women- tons of squats and lunge variations- and I have only been doing it 2 months.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    lose body fat. i also have large thighs, always have. losing overall body fat is what works. you cant spot reduce since your body loses weight the way it's genetically predisposed to as an example i do a crap load of squats, lunges and deadlifts yet i've lost the majority of fat from my midsection and i dont do any midsection work.

just eat less and move more and give it time.

Exactly the same for me. I'm heaviest in my butt and thighs, so of course all of my weight is coming off my upper body.

Patience. You'll see progress as you continue to lose weight. Don't forget to take measurements and pictures every so often. Sometimes, it's hard to see the difference until you compare pictures.

I have saddlebags of doom. Here are my most recent progress pictures. See how the thighs came down proportionately (and see how my butt is still FARKING HUGE)? I promise it'll happen to you too. :)

4uxamo.jpg

29kvww0.jpg
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many people said above me "You can't spot reduce". I hope all of them because it's true. Lose weight = smaller thighs. Simple.