Hitting a plateau and don't know why...

Options
Is anyone able to give me any advice? Like a lot of people on here, I lost a fair bit of weight very quickly but have now been stuck at a plateau for a few weeks...

I have had a few days where I've gone over calories but that's it...

Replies

• afropoodle
    Options
    Eat less, move more. Your TDEE changes as you lose weight so you have to readjust your total daily caloric intake.
  • tray71
    tray71 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I feel ya, lost 3 kilos in 2 weeks and now I'm stuck.. Depressing as not really wanting to starve myself.
  • Eat less, move more.

I'm already at 1200 calories.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You are eating very few calories. Unless you are under 5' tall and very small, you probably are slowing your metabolism. I did the same thing and hit an awful plateau. I actually started losing again when I started eating more. There is a very helpful group here- "In Place of a Road Map" that helped me. Good luck!
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Eat. Do some research into your TDEE and BMR and go from there.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    californiagirl2012 incoming with her book LOl
  • Thanks everyone :)
  • lisablah
    Options
    The same thing happened to me, I am also on a 1200 intake, but I was having three meals a day, all I did was change my eating times and increased to a good breakfast and then 5 smaller meals/snacks a day, I still stayed under the 1200 mark but I now eat about ever 2-3 hours and never eat after 9pm, and a week after making this change the weight started coming off again!