Any fellow Herbalifers out there???

Options
I'm day 5 into herbalife and LOVE it!!! becoming a coach n the 1st!!!!!

Replies

• jhquick
    jhquick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just went to a Herbalife party tonight, and I am going to start the advanced program! I am so excited about it!!! :) It's great to see someone that is doing it with MFP, because I was wondering how easy it would be to track.
  • Candida1983
    Options
    I just got my kit today, but have been drinking the shakes for 5 days now. I love it!! :bigsmile:
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I've been using Herbalife since the end of July. It made all the difference for me. Now my husband and daughter use it too!
  • scpeach04
    scpeach04 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have been using herbalife for about a week now and love it! I am participating in a weight loss challege and lost 5.9# the first week without herbalife and then 2.1 pounds the second week. This week I'm hoping for a 2 plus # weight loss as I'd like to get to 10#.

I love the french vanilla shakes with 1 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, 1/2 cup chobani 0% vanilla and spices to taste! Keeps me nice and full until lunch!
  • kandyice1
    kandyice1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yep. A friend suggested that I try it and the products have been working so far. I'm happy with the results and will continue using them, along with exercising. I have a long way to go, but I'm off to a pretty good start.
  • Herbalifekim
    Options
    Yup, best this going! I now run a nutrition club and love it!
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    What's herbalife ? And how does it work? Does it help you lose more weight or is it just like a protein shake or meal replacement lol? Now I'm curious with everyone's hype lol
  • Elissalove
    Elissalove Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Heyyyy! I'm drinking my instant shake for breakfast this morning (mixed with coffee.) I've been doing the Herbalife 24 program since I'm training for a Tough Mudder in 5 months. Getting into the business here in Florida :)
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I started on it this morning. I had the Cafe Latte shake. I plan to have 2 shakes a day while I am trying to lose weight and tone up. I am eating extra protein in between (hard boiled eggs, greek yogurt, etc.) then having a sensible meal. I am trying to get my water in too! Excited to see a difference.
  • kelli1217
    kelli1217 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started about two weeks ago and have lost almost 6 lbs and 1/2" off my waist.

Having a hard time meeting my protein numbers - any suggestions?
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    my hubby got me started august last year. We've been off and on, but since July I've been getting back into it more. I love the shakes and the 2 nutrition clubs by us. My hubby is a distributor, so we have shake stuff here at home, too. My kids love the shakes, too.

I am hoping to one day make it to one of the weight loss challenges. I haven't been able to yet b/c of not having anyone to watch my 3 boys.

anyone can friend me if they'd like. I'd love to have someone who into herbalife around.
  • lozzieemay
    Options
    How many calories are you all consuming daily with herbalife? A woman in work with me has been following it & lost 2 stone in 13 weeks, she said its about 1500 calories daily, is that right?
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    shakes are around 200-240 cals/piece. majority of people working w/ herbalife have 2 shakes a day +1 correctly portioned out meal. I, myself, am only doing a breakfast shake within my 1200 cals plan.
    A person's calorie goal depends on certain guidelines, it's not a one size fits all calculation. (you probably already know this, but I was just putting it out there).
  • CarolAmanda
    CarolAmanda Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about starting Herbalife. Need to lose 8-10 pounds. I have a crazy busy schedule, so I think the shakes will be a good fit for me right now.

Are you all taking the supplements, too? If so, which ones?

Carol
  • RiverManUK
    RiverManUK Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If you guys want to blow your cash on some network marketing scam that's your choice, but I don't think you should be peddling your snake oil here.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    If you guys want to blow your cash on some network marketing scam that's your choice, but I don't think you should be peddling your snake oil here.
    This.
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to badmouth Herbalife at all. I've known several people who have lost weight and feel happy on it. My question is, do people keep the weight off on Herbalife? My best friend is on it. She and I are losing weight together. I'm doing restricted calories and running. She's doing Herbalife and running. I'm losing weight at the same rate (if not a little more) than her. I asked her the other day what happens when she hits her target weight? Does she still have to drink the shakes and stuff? I mean, it doesn't really seem like it teaches you to eat correctly if you're substituting up to 2 meals a day with a shake.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Well, I've been using Herbalife products for about 10 months or so, and have lost more than 30 pounds of fat, added about 12 lbs of muscle and I recently got myself into a pair of size ten skinny jeans. Down from a size 16/18.
    As for the "scam" claim, here's a dictionary definition of the word scam: "a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation." If it works, then it's not "fraudulent" and is therefore not a scam.
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just started the program on Wednesday (11/7/2012). I understand that there are people out there that do not agree with these types of programs but it works for me and I have a few friends that have lost anywhere from 50-over 100lbs on this program. The shakes are good for you and I don't feel its a waste of money . It is approx. $4.40 a meal and then I just eat a very colorful salad for my sensible meal. So I may spend a little over $10.00 a day for everything I eat. Everyone is intitaled to there opinion but I really think this site is for motivation and not negative comments. Every body is different and everyone needs to do what works for you. And for me there is a herbalife shake place at the end of my street. They are always packed and they always do free classes from Zumba, Cross Fit, skin care, shake recipes, etc. This is very motivating for me.
    I hope that you all reach your health and fitness goals and live a long healthy life.
    Good Luck
  • RiverManUK
    RiverManUK Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm day 5 into herbalife and LOVE it!!! becoming a coach n the 1st!!!!!

This is from a Herbalife website.

"Your personal Herbalife Wellness Coach will...
    Help you set achievable and personal goals
    Maximise the effective use of the products
    Provide methods of tracking your progress
    Offer tips and insights that may help you achieve your goals
    Inspire and motivate you to reach your personal best!"

So what exactly is a Herbalife coach?
    What nutritional qualifications do they have?

At the moment I'm sticking with Snake Oil Salesman.