confused i need your 2 cents (LADIES ONLY!!!)

Options
so yesterday i took a preg. test. well i did the test and after the 1 line showed up i walked away.( i was suppose to start my T.O.M.. this morning i woke up with blood everywhere. (sorry if its t.m.i) but after that the rest of the day theres only blood whne i wipe... still cramping pretty bad. anyways i looked at the test later on and there was 2 lines! the 2nd line was very faint but it was still there...but i just took another test and it was neg.. im confused i dont know what to think.. what do yall think? could i be preg.. could this be spotting or my actual period? ugh help
and please no smartass comments im being serious with this post

Replies

• mollz007
    mollz007 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It could be your TOM, my period is always the heaviest in the mornings. I would take another pregnanct test just to be sure though. Are you on BC/?
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    how late were you on your period? its possible it could have been your TOM or a misscariage. if you are bleeding and the last test came up negative then you most likely arent pregnant. if you are still worried, see your dr.
  • untouchable86
    Options
    just a day late but previous symptoms made me think i could of been pregnant
  • untouchable86
    Options
    It could be your TOM, my period is always the heaviest in the mornings. I would take another pregnanct test just to be sure though. Are you on BC/?
    yea hulka clips
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    0.o
  • juliette28
    Options
    Hi .... after a certain period of time, the two lines will appear. You have to read the test within the "window" suggested on the instructions in order to determine whether you're pregnant or not...otherwise you get a false positive. (This is what I remember from 8 years ago...but I'm pretty sure it still applies). Good luck!
  • untouchable86
    Options
    Hi .... after a certain period of time, the two lines will appear. You have to read the test within the "window" suggested on the instructions in order to determine whether you're pregnant or not...otherwise you get a false positive. (This is what I remember from 8 years ago...but I'm pretty sure it still applies). Good luck!
    k ty
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I think those tests always turn positive if you leave them long enough. Might want to check with your doctor to be on the safe side, though, or so another home test to double check.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    How long after did you look at it?

The directions says a negative test shouldn't be read after 10 minutes. If you waited the amount of time and it wasn't positive - it isn't positive. A positive test will show up on time (my test says wait 3 minutes, if it doesn't show positive after 3 minutes, it's negative)

I am pretty sure that when left to sit awhile it is not uncommon for the second line to show, which is why it shouldn't be checked later.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    This TOM guy sounds like a real a-hole. First he gets you pregnant then beats the **** out of you?
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

yes, this
  • Changing_Charity
    Options
    This TOM guy sounds like a real a-hole. First he gets you pregnant then beats the **** out of you?

hahahaha!
  • Changing_Charity
    Options
    a lot of times, TOM symptoms can be similar to pregnancy symptoms!
  • untouchable86
    Options
    he is a real *kitten* hole! i hate him! lol
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options

Shows up every month, too! You might want to get a restraining order!
  • untouchable86
    Options
    a lot of times, TOM symptoms can be similar to pregnancy symptoms!
    yes i know but what had me concerned is oct 9 i had the regular " cycle" lasted 4 days.. well on the 25th my boobs became sore and got worse over time. there still sore! i usual get sore boobs a week before my pd. is due but not 2 or 2.5 weeks before..
  • untouchable86
    Options

Shows up every month, too! You might want to get a restraining order!
    lol ikr!!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options

LOL!
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I've nerve had a test lieto me. I've got a tenth month old son and before we conceived him, i took pregnancy test regulary.. Nerve had one to go 2 line s.. Even if left for 24 hours. But i have 6 that are still showing strong two lines , from march '11.. Yes, i kept them. . Any way the other option is evaporation line, but that don't usually happen in 1 hour, that is right of and is real faint, almost non existent. Good luck.
  • britt_2007_89
    britt_2007_89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am a medical laboratory scientist and I run preg. tests in the lab all day long. I think that as others have suggested you should read the test within the prescribed amount of time. If it was not positive within the period of time that it was supposed to be, then more than likely several minutes later, it's an interfering substance that is creating the second line. I would not worry too much if you took a second test and read within the time period you are more than likely not pregnant. I think that if you are really worried you can go to the Dr. and suggest a serum pregnancy test, which is a more sensitive test (more likely to pick up a smaller amount of the HCG hormone aka pregnancy hormone. :) I, personally think you're fine!

Cheers