10 months, 63lb gone forever (PIC)

Options
I started this journey on 4th Jan 2012 as a new years resolution and if I am being totally honest I was not sure I would stick to it...

Fast forward 10 months and I have logged in for 310 days in a row and lost 63lb

I still have another 7.5lb to go maybe a little more but I wanted to post a story with the hope it will inspire

The mains things I have learned are:

*This is not a diet it is a lifestyle change, sometimes you will have an off day but thats ok and make sure you allow yourself treats so you dont feel deprived and end up having a massive binge!*

*It is not a quick fix and it will take time and dedication but the results are definately worth it!*

*You do not need to eat really realy low levels of calories to lose weight, I realised pretty quickly that I could not sustain a 1200 limit and I increased this slowly over time and my body adjusted and my metabolism increased, I now eat anywhere between 1800-2000 calories I am still losing*

*Listen to the advice and feedback that others have to give and make sure you give it back - the support network I have on here has been amazing*

When I first started my goal seemed so far away but now it is so close and I am proud of what I have achieved

DO NOT GIVE UP, YOU CAN DO IT!!

LANiA.png

Replies

1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great job and thanks for the great tips! You look amazing and I bet you feel amazing too! You are a great inspiration, esp to me as we have similar starting and ending points.
  • bcw660816
    bcw660816 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You've done a wonderful job and look great! You'll get the 7 1/2 pounds off in no time!
  • siehatsdrauf
    siehatsdrauf Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Wow this is phenomenal! You should be so proud of yourself!
  • Kayleighpaul1985
    Kayleighpaul1985 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys x
  • Jme2012
    Jme2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Great job! you look amazing!!!
  • MandiK3
    MandiK3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    very inspirational..! :D
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You've come a long way baby:flowerforyou: great advise!
  • jammiezene
    jammiezene Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job girl!! You look excellent!
  • As a fellow MFP pal of yours I want to say again how gorgeous you look! an inspiration indeed! xx
  • black_sands
    Options
    this is AWESOME. inspirational, motivational, and it made me smile - so thank you four times over! I'm a newbie, and this is something to love.
    great advise, thank you!
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Super progress and great advice! Very inspiring pictures.
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You've done marvelously! Congrats to you!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • LizinMN
    Options
    What an inspiration. As a newbie I would love to add you as a Friend! I could use some friends on here and motivation. Thanks for all the tips too! Way to go!
  • kgeldreich
    Options
    Your results and mindset are fantastic!
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Options
    I started this journey on 4th Jan 2012 as a new years resolution and if I am being totally honest I was not sure I would stick to it...

Fast forward 10 months and I have logged in for 310 days in a row and lost 63lb

I still have another 7.5lb to go maybe a little more but I wanted to post a story with the hope it will inspire

The mains things I have learned are:

*This is not a diet it is a lifestyle change, sometimes you will have an off day but thats ok and make sure you allow yourself treats so you dont feel deprived and end up having a massive binge!*

*It is not a quick fix and it will take time and dedication but the results are definately worth it!*

*You do not need to eat really realy low levels of calories to lose weight, I realised pretty quickly that I could not sustain a 1200 limit and I increased this slowly over time and my body adjusted and my metabolism increased, I now eat anywhere between 1800-2000 calories I am still losing*

*Listen to the advice and feedback that others have to give and make sure you give it back - the support network I have on here has been amazing*

When I first started my goal seemed so far away but now it is so close and I am proud of what I have achieved

DO NOT GIVE UP, YOU CAN DO IT!!

LANiA.png

OMGosh Wow.. You look amazing!!!!! Great job!!!
  • emyjeter
    emyjeter Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Love it!! What an inspiration you are!! :)
  • MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    AMAZING transformation! Your tips are right on point and sure to motivate others as they have me. Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • RebeccaRLN
    RebeccaRLN Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look great! :)
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Options
    AWEsome transformation!!! Thanks for posting and the advice is all so true!! ????????
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!