I dont really understand?

Options
2»

Replies

• peanutschicky
    Options
    1200 sounds like a lot until you try to live on 1200 a day for, oh, more than an hour.
  • LadyVeng3ance
    LadyVeng3ance Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Osay, I have read through it now...
    In fear of sounding dumb, there is a difference to bmr and tdee? Did I understand it right when I say that I need to eat over my bmr, yet under tdee? Or am I out plucking berries right now?

And to you others, thanks for the support <3
    And yes that is me in the photos, I am just unhappy with how much fat I have, and have a burning desire to lose it :)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

In fear of sounding dumb, there is a difference to bmr and tdee? Did I understand it right when I say that I need to eat over my bmr, yet under tdee? Or am I out plucking berries right now?

And yes that is me in the photos, I am just unhappy with how much fat I have, and have a burning desire to lose it :)

In the simplest way of saying it, BMR is the amount of calories they would feed you through a tube if you were in a coma in the hospital. it's the minimum amount of calories it would take to safely maintain the body and organ functions of a human being your size and age if you had an activity level of "0" meaning unconscious in bed all day.

TDEE, total daily energy expenditure, takes into account the changes that your daily activities, exercise includes, make to your calorie requirements. TDEE is usually over BMR by a _lot_.
  • LadyVeng3ance
    LadyVeng3ance Posts: 236 Member
    Options

In the simplest way of saying it, BMR is the amount of calories they would feed you through a tube if you were in a coma in the hospital. it's the minimum amount of calories it would take to safely maintain the body and organ functions of a human being your size and age if you had an activity level of "0" meaning unconscious in bed all day.

TDEE, total daily energy expenditure, takes into account the changes that your daily activities, exercise includes, make to your calorie requirements. TDEE is usually over BMR by a _lot_.

I usually eat very little, I do not think I go over 1200 calories a day, I eat one or two small meals a day, and a few bananas sometimes.. After I started working out, I have noticed an increase in my appetite..
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

Yes. Over BMR and under TDEE.

Typically for healthy weight loss, just use 15% under TDEE. Or, since you're here, just use this site. Lol. It's amazingly accurate. The only difference between the TDEE method and MFP is that MFP does not include exercise in your daily calories. You have to earn those by exercising. TDEE Calculators include your exercise in the calculation. I personally like the MFP method better for two reasons, 1) it provides incentive to exercise, and 2) if I happen to have non-exercise days or weeks, I don't over eat and I still lose. With MFP, you will still lose without exercising because the calorie deficit is already baked into your number.